South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 08-12-2006, 05:53 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Wise Weekend Warbling - Aug. 12 & 13

Happy weekend, Chicks. It looks like a lovely clear sunrise and a decent day is ahead.

Today I am just staying home! No garlic festival, no sheepdog trials. I plan to do some more mulching and may pot up a few plants for the Church sale next weekend when I'm in Indiana. Imagine that - a sale at the Church when I'm away and no marathon baking from this chick! Whoops! I do need to make my rum cake for after Church coffee tomorrow.

Wise Weekend? My food choices lately have not been good and the scale shows it. I have to be wise or a wizard to get back to ONEderland before I leave on Wednesday! Veggies, veggies, veggies!

Time for coffee and then a breakfast with veggies. Maybe a frittata with zucchini, peppers and onions plus a side of tomatoes? I wish those Girls of mine could cook.

What are you doing that's wise this weekend?
Old 08-12-2006, 08:22 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 160/147/130

Height: 5'4"

good morning and happy weekend!!

Ruth - sounds like a lovely day planned. Although if I had to bake a cake, it would take the entire day. DF can bake but not me. I burn or flatten everything I try. (still keep trying though).

We had a really nice date with friends last night. The husband kept following us around the salad bar saying "can I have this? Can I eat that?" It was funny. They've both lost weight and are excited about the program. I hope it works well for them. Wouldn't it be nice if all your friends were eating the same way you were and you never had to explain why you eat what you eat?! Anyay, had a wonderful kabob and yummy salad!! Came home and made the peanut butter cups. Perfect ending to a great meal.

Today we're going to try to go mountain biking and then a small cheat at the best Eastern NC BBQ resturant I know of. They close when they run out of meat each day, so we have to get there early. But we're going to earn it first on the trails. Tomorrow I'm going to try swimming for exercise. Df has a long road ride for the MS150. I'm not riding this year. Workouts yesterday are kicking in - I can feel my legs and tummy today. Hope that means they're getting smaller!!

I hope everyone makes it online soon - love to hear how your weekend is going!!
Old 08-12-2006, 08:59 AM   #3  

Morning!

Ruth Can I come over for breakfast? My girls can't cook either!!!!

LG Enjoy you day! Sounds like you double date was fun. I think it always helps to know people that are following your way of eating. You can get so many new ideas and such.

Barb It rained here for about 5 minutes this morning- did you get any of it???

Well, first full week of work done! I was absolutely beat last night- DD and I were in bed by 8:45 and I don't think it took me much longer to fall asleep. I think I will eventually like this new position, it is just off to a slow start since teachers are getting their kids into routines and such. I plan to start pulling kids and working with them on Monday.

Eating is still a trainwreck. I think I am going to need to go back to Phase 1 until the cravings and things subside. Barb Did you go back to Phase 1 this month or are you working a good Phase 2?

Gotta jet... baby is squawking and will wake up big DD. More later......
Old 08-12-2006, 09:13 AM   #4  

Happy Weekend all you Weight Warriors!!!

Ruth: oooh how divine to just putter about eh? I love Rum cake .. I have a delish recipe that is not SBD friendly..

Grasshopper: Sounds like you had such fun yesterday and more of it planned this weekend! Just can't take a shine to Eastern BBQ.. Gimme that ketchuppy smokey sticky stuff anyday!

Kiko: Enjoy some time to recoup after yer first week!

We are off again today exploring NC.. We live in what is called the "Triangle" -- so we are heading out to investigate the "Triad" region.. We still haven't settled on where we are going to buy or build.. alot rests on where I finally get a job... which unfortunately has been harder than I thought.. But I'm keeping the faith! "Something" will come my way...
Old 08-12-2006, 09:18 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Just a quick fly-by for me! Our vacations plans have been changed a little and we're leaving this afternoon instead of tomorrow. So I've been rushing around getting last-minute packing done. I just came up here to unplug the computer and thought I'd say a quick hello-goodbye.
Be good and see you when I get back!
Old 08-12-2006, 10:00 AM   #6  

Ruth - Enjoy a rest day. You deserve it. That frittata sounds good. I fixed up a breakfast burrito with Southwest Eggbeaters, mushrooms, green onions and cheese on a whole wheat tortilla and then tossed it into the George Foreman grill to crisp up the tortilla. Yum!

little grasshopper - It is so much fun when your friends get excited. Most of mine like the idea of it but found it too much work. But they eat out more than they cook. Have fun with the exercise!

Kiko - We just got about five minutes of sprinkles. It is all just north of us on the radar so I'm not sure if we will get more. Some of the cracks in our yard are 2 inches! I don't remember a year as dry as this. I'm really not sure if some of our grass will recover. I'm doing a strict phase 2. I just love my fruit and oatmeal too much to easily go back to phase 1. I was able to get rid of cravings just by being strict. So far it is working. This morning I was at 145 so I'm down 5 since the 1st (but that was TOM so it was probably a little high from that). I've got to try to be good at the Scout pool party/hot dog cookout this afternoon.

schatzi - Good luck with the property hunt and the job hunting. DH has been looking for a job for so long that sometimes I think he has given up. We had a serious talk about finances yesterday though (after he replaced the DVD recorder that died).

I've got so much going on now that it's been crazy. We met Brian's teacher yesterday. I like her. Brian will again be the only REACH kid in her class but since it's on Tuesdays she says there will be no problem since that is mostly a review day. We also bought the school supplies at the school. $42 seems like a lot but it is easier than trying to find everything on their list on your own. We had a Scout table outside (in 100+ degree heat) for several hours. Lots of interested boys.

I had to work until 1 this morning but I did plan meals and make out my grocery list while waiting for the servers to finish patching so it is off to the grocery store this morning. I've got a meeting from 1-2 to review this year's cub scout camp and then the pool party from 3-6. I'm not going to make it to Powerflex but I'm going to try to do something at home.

Oh, and I got asked to teach one of the Wolf/Bear Leader training sessions in Sept. I'm already helping at registration during two other sessions. I've never taught that many adults at one time so I'm going to get the training materials as soon as possible. I think when I took the training 2 years ago we had probably 100 adults. I'm going to want to attend one of the earlier sessions if possible to see how someone else teaches it. I'm sure you will all hear in September how nervous I am about this. Better go now so I can get to the grocery store.
Old 08-12-2006, 10:13 AM   #7  

Good Morning Beach Buddies,

I know I have been gone a long time. Seems I have a very bad habit of starting and stopping again. My daughter is back home with us for awhile, (she graduated from college in May and is job hunting), the good news is she has started SBD and is doing so good, it makes me happy for her. She has always had a weight problem from the day she was born. That said, I kicked myself in the rear and said, "old girl, you have always supported Maggie in whatever she did, this could be a win/win here."

I am starting Phase I, one more time, a little more wiser and a little more determined to do this for myself and to support my DD.

Ruth--I am going to join you in the veggies, I know I get hung up on the cheese and nuts.

Kiko-- I just finished my first week of school, in-service days,students return Monday--I have a lot of planning to do this weekend and a few more things in my room.

Schatzi-- I am in SC and my DD is also beating the paths for a job. Good luck!

Barb-- I think I remember you had great results lowering your cholesterol. I have to work on that for the next 3 months, before a recheck. Please inspire me.

Laurie-- Hey, you are doing great, you are an inspiration of "sticking to it'.

Hugs to all I missed.

Wanda
Old 08-12-2006, 11:00 AM   #8  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Default zzzzzzzooooooooooooommmmmmmm

That's me flying by. Zoom. See me fly by? Zoom.

Another busy day in the parking lot today for the State Fair. I've already almost been hit by 3 people who don't know how to drive in Springfield. Grrr. Hope everyone has a wonderful day and I'll check in this evening to see how things are going! Hopefully I'm out of there early tonight because I really don't want to sit outside from 11 to 7. Ugh. (whiiiiiiiiiiine)

Talk to you girls soon!

Lisa
Old 08-12-2006, 12:06 PM   #9  

Welcome back, Weezle! Sounds like a busy day for you.

active - I did have great results. I need to go for my physical soon (I'm actually overdue) but I had a mini-healthcheck at work and my cholesterol was still fine. I think staying away from eating out where fats are higher and staying away from fried foods and the bad fats really helps. Also, I eat oatmeal almost every day and that is supposed to help too. Good luck with your cholesterol. I can keep an eye on mine during the year every time I donate blood. It isn't as accurate since it isn't a fasting count but it comes pretty close.

I'm back from the grocery store with a refrigerator and pantry full of food. I just need to figure out which meals to fix first based on which items will spoil and which will keep.
Old 08-12-2006, 02:58 PM   #10  
beachbum

Hi Ladies

another quicky,I was tire up with condo things,and didn't have a chance to post,Just want to let you know I wasn't washed out to sea,and the calming shores of the beach.HeHe!!

Its a georgious day and I think I'm going to head out and get some walking done.

See you,will weigh-in: tomorrow morning,and report one way or the other

Hugs BB
Old 08-12-2006, 08:18 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 160/147/130

Height: 5'4"

hi guys! Had a LONG mountain bike ride today. 2 1/2 hours. It's was a lot of fun and the bike is working well. I'm almost ready to hit the trails alone. They rough and steep and confusing sometimes so I've only gone with DF but I'm getting to know them pretty well now and I'm not worried I'm going to wreck and break something when i'm alone (I'll ride slower) so I'm all set to go by myself!!

Had a major blow to the self esteem today. If you think shopping for bikinis, or jeans is bad you should shop for biking gear!! I am a solid size 10 right now. A little bit hanging over the top I couldn't wear their size XL!!!! It wouldn't even button on me. Barely made it over my hips and THAT'S NOT WHERE MY WEIGHT IS!! Who are these people wearing these sizes????

Oh well - I will catch up on specifics tomorrow - just a quick drop in to see how everyone is doing! See you tomorrow!!
Old 08-13-2006, 06:56 AM   #12  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Sunny but nice and coolish this morning.

You may notice some things are a bit different this morning as Suzanne did an upgrade last night. A few smilies aren't working and we are missing that bar between this thread and the stickies. All this will get ironed out eventually so be patient.

Lucy will be the Church dog this morning so I'd better go and talk to her about her behaviour. I am supposed to have her evaluated for TheraPaws on the 29th but she really is too much of a goofball so I may withdraw her. I've tested enough therapy dogs to know where she would wipe out - like the cookie tray test!

Not much else on the agenda except some more gardening and decision making about what to take to Indiana next week. Too bad they make us wear clothes!

What's happening by you this sunny Sunday?
Old 08-13-2006, 08:14 AM   #13  

Oh My a Puuurfectly Puurfect Morning here in NC!!! I can't remember the last time we had one! It's coool and no humidity! I just spent over an hour weeding and clipping and was actually looooking for things to do.. After this next cuppa cawfee I may go out and warsh the car ... DH and I are gonna take the kayaks out this afternoon and have ourselves a paddle... Eating has been pretty good..but as I look at Fitday...wayyyy tooo much sodium... must work on that this week
Old 08-13-2006, 08:17 AM   #14  
Skinny(er) by Thirty?

S/C/G: 192.2/163.8/154/135

Height: 5' 6"

Sorry I've been absent all week. The school year is gearing up here, and I have been all consumed with that (as teachers should be).

I had two days that were kinda hard to stay on plan - lunches out with colleagues. So I had falafels and hummus the first day (not bad) and the second day I had quesadillas from taco cabana (not the best for me, but so yummy). Oh, and the day that the principal had a luncheon catered, and my only choice was the two pasta dishes. Delish, but so bad. I haven't backslid (thank God!) but I have sort of stalled. So on to better plan following this week (especially when the kids start, and we can't have long leisurely lunches). I am 1 lb from being a 1/4 of the way to my goal. I can taste it! I want it so bad! (truthfully, I might still be losing inches - need to measure that again.)

Happy Weekend All! And I will try to be less absent next week.
Old 08-13-2006, 08:19 AM   #15  
beachbum

Good Sunday Morning

Today is the day and the whole town is going to be a mess of people watching our annual road race.They come from all over the world.Going to manage to get to church and than back home again. Won't be able to have brunch with my friends,with all the traffic,as they'll be no parking places available.

Good News I lost [[another pound]] at w-i this morning.Very Happy Now I have 10 more to go to reach my goal. Lowing Carbing is what my body needs I guess to loss anything.

Have to get ready for church will post later

Hugs BB
Closed Thread