Old 08-11-2006, 04:40 AM   #1  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Default Friends around the World #13 - New Broome sweeps clean.

Welcome to our new homesite. This time we have shifted from a remote area in Western Scotland to a remote area on the north West Coast of Australia, and we will be based in Broome.

Broome has a long history associated with the Pearl trade - so watch out for us with all the new baubles, bangles and beads.

Try these two websites. One will tell you all about Broome and the Kimberleys - a special part of Australia and the other has a webcam of our new accommodation. The kids are gonna love it.

Here we go - from Western Scotland to Western Australia in one leap.
http://broomewa.com/#
http://www.broomewebcam.com/

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...=85898&page=33 if you need to go back to the old site
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 06:47 AM   #2  
Tig
Gotta RUN!

LOVE the new place, Shad! A beach is always my favorite! I love to run on the beach! And if you look closely on the web cam, you can see me running off in the distance....
Tig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 08:50 AM   #3  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Morning girls.

Oh Shad I LOVE the new digs, the beaches and most of all the caption for our new thread! It really sounds so positive and uplifting. Thanks for setting up the new home!

The view from the beaches looks so stunning I may even get up early and try and join Tig on the beach. Of course she will be that little dot moving ever farther away while I slog through the sand, but hey - get your exercise anywhere you can, right?

For the deep fried entry contest I submit battered and deep fried corn on the cob at the Dixie Cafe. I have not tried it but those who have say it's quite tasty. We also have battered and deep fried sour pickles served with a honey mustard dipping sauce. I am not a fan of pickles but I have tried these and I do enjoy a small taste as an appetiser.

Suzi, it sounds as if your DH is cooking up something special for your birthday. He sounds like a really fun guy - I'm excited for you.

No post from Mel again this morning? What's going on? Come out, come out where ever you are...please????

Ok, gotta run now. Be back later. Oh and we are finally getting a much needed deep soaking rain. Thank you very much!!!!!!!!!!
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 09:17 AM   #4  
Smackin' into a Wall

Could we maybe go horseback riding on the beach? The sound of hooves in the sand, splash of surf, jingle of the tack ... and then, I claim that third palm tree on the left. I'll be the one with the stack of books and the cool drink. How's the seafood here? Shrimps? Barbie?

I'll be back later~~~
Madcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 09:26 AM   #5  

Default NIce Place

Thank You Shad for always taking such terrific care of us! This is a great place for us to meet and relax and play away the days. I am always amazed at how easily you pull this off forthe thread each time. We invite all to come for a romp on the beach!
Well, the Full Moon Drumming circle was very organic and earthy. I enjoyed it very much and really just tried to relax and not be so aware that it was my first time..... to just be mellow and enjoy the experience. I met some very interesting people who care a lot about others. Of course it is very Native Indian reference to the Red Path. So if I go again next month I'll let you know. The tipi is a very large replica of a Cherokee ceremonial logde so it was quite comfortable.
I am still holding on to the weight loss energy and hoping to really show more loss before the end of the month. Trying to eat some protein things when I get the hungries.
Hope everyone is doing well today..... come and say hi and let us know. I so enjoy hearing from everyone and where are our friends across the Atlantic these days......?
Take Good Care all,
Peace,
Nae
Roseblush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 04:02 PM   #6  

Not only horse riding down the beach, but camels too. It's quite trendy to take camel treks in these parts. Glad you all like the new resting place. Food to die for here is seafood as you might have guessed. Not sure about the shrimps - giant prawns more like it and barramundi. Not all that far down the coast is a place called Monkey Mia where dolphins come in to play and frolic with the humans. It's very popular, but now very crowded and only a few get to pay and play!! Tourism - don't destroy what you came to enjoy. Huge mines up in this area - famous for iron, copper, and Argyle Diamonds. Look up the diamonds - you'll be amazed.
http://www.costellos.com.au/diamonds/types.html

Okay, so today is the last day here. I have to take Sunday the cat to Paws and Whiskers this morning. We will leave here around 7.30am. Then I will go to gym and come home, clean and pack and wash and do all the necessary things. Of the 9 points I made in my email about 7 have been answered. They say I can't tweak my email (and internet) until I get to site and log on. Please do not ask for the reason for this. I did and got a mouthful of technical jargon, most of which I don't think even the geek understood.

I bow to the US and Canada in the battered, deep fried war. I can't think of a single thing that will compete with deep fried corn, deep fried cod tongue (do they actually have a tongue?) or the devillishly devine poutine - which I may pass on after a couple of bites I think. I'm not even sure I could face chips and vegemite sammies. I'm afraid my one and only extravagance in the deep fried department is fish cake. Spuds, flaked fish, crumbed etc. I also love the Thai fishcakes although after an authentic one I tend to drink 14 litres of water. The Japanese fast food takeaway down in Post Office Square have developed a chicken dim sum for the Australian market - it is fairly oozing grease. No Japanese is ever seen at that teppanyaki bar apart from serving up the grub with a big smile on their face and charging heaps.

I went back to the last thread to see if Mel has said she is not going to be here for a while, can't see anything but the mention of Rosacea. Maybe it's all becoming too much again. I've just tried to ring her, but the phone is engaged (as per normal) maybe she is posting here, just like me.

Suzi - sounds like your birthday is around the time I get back from Weipa and close to the date of DB2's birthday. Nice people - Libra - or are you not a Libra?

Nae - the drumming experience sounds magical. It's great to hear of your weight loss. You will be put at the top of the list for weight loss this month. Teel by the way is on holiday in the New Forest. Linus is or at least was suffering Post Natal Depression. We try to encourage her and Teel keeps in touch with her. Maybe one day she will feel well enough to come back to us.

Tig - good to hear from you. Hope your project is running to schedule and budget (as if they ever do)

Right, well time to get on with my day. Mel's phone is still engaged. I'll keep trying this morning.

Last edited by Shad; 08-11-2006 at 05:04 PM.
Old 08-11-2006, 05:02 PM   #7  
Radiate self!

Peek-a-boo, hello new digs! Broome, beach and barbecue prawns with wine spritzers Wonderful new location
Meadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 05:04 PM   #8  
Radiate self!

Just a sec, your screens look dusty. I'll have my dog servant fix that up for you all in a jiffy

Meadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 05:05 PM   #9  

Still can't find Mel. Will keep trying until I figure it is her bed time.
Old 08-11-2006, 05:06 PM   #10  

Ha Ha Meadow. That looks like Sunday the cat, 'cept she hates venetians. Speaking of whom, I'd better go get her and the cage in appraximately the same place otherwise she will disappear on me.
Old 08-11-2006, 07:37 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Made a trip to Blytheville today to pick up the new lawn mower. It's nice. I'm not sure if it will even fit into the shed! Will check that out tomorrow. First I will need to ask the land lord for a new lock and new shed door. Maybe, they will let me have one after the storms last night. While in Blytheville I stopped by my wireless phone store to purchase a new phone. I'd dropped mine a while back and needed a new one. I've been on a spending spree the past couple of weeks.

Happy--Did you survive the storms? They were fierce between midnight and 5a.m.

Shad--Love the new place. BTW, PainterWoman posted in the journals today.

Madcat--I'll have to pass on the horse ride. I'm not to fond of them. I'll walk along the board walk.

Meadow, Tig, Rose, Suzi Hello
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 08:41 PM   #12  

Just got off the phone from Mel. She is okay, rosacea is playing up, so is the office, the maintenance guys, the mayor, DD and B/F and family and just about everything else.
Old 08-12-2006, 08:23 AM   #13  

Lovely home, Shad.

Nae, sounds devine. Organic is good.

HI ALL!!

I have been a cleaning dervish. I sure do wish I could be "just" and Mom and domestic Goddess. I feel very content. (not thinking about the income I did not earn).

yippeee.....dfriend got into the hotel in Toronto at midnight last night.He emailed a few minutes ago...And then we called him.They will be here around 12:30-1pm.

I will go and open the market and stay for a bit. All i really need to do here is un and re load the dishwasher and tidy in the kitchen.

HUGS!!!!!!
Hollyhock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2006, 09:29 AM   #14  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

Unhappy Omg My Smilies Are Broken

MY FONTS ARE GONE TOO!!! SOB SOB
CODS HEADS, MARS BARS, PIZZA, CORN COBS FRIED!!! YIKES!!! POUTINE??? WHAT KIND OF FOOD IS THIS FOR A WEIGHTLOSS SITE!!! SUZANNE WILL COME AND PUNISH US BY MAKING US SIT IN THE CORNER!! LOL
I MUST SAY THOUGH THAT NONE OF THESE ITEMS TEMPTED ME IN THE LEAST!!LOL
EVERYTHING SHAD SAID WAS TRUE. THIS WAS A WEEK FROM ****. A PAGE RIGHT OUT OF THE DEVIL'S DIARY.
BUT THANK GOD IT'S OVER. I WAS GOOD THOUGH. I KEPT MY INVOLVEMENT TO A MINIMUM AND TRIED MY BEST TO STICK WITH A ROUTINE AS SUCH. I ALSO KEPT THE 3.5 LBS OFF AND CONTINUOUSLY SAID NO TO OFFERED FOOD!
I EVEN GOT A RIDE OR TWO IN, FRESH AIR, ENJOYED THE COOLER TEMP, ATE OUTSDIDE WITH JOHN, GOT 2 LOADS OF WASH DONE, AND I THINK THE ALLEGRA MIGHT BE WORKING ON MY FACE. IT REALLY IS "DIET" WITH ME AND THE FACE. INNER STRENGTH, MEL. INNER STRENGTH.

HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND. MINE WILL BE ANYTHING I CAN DO WITHOUT EYES AND RIGHT SHOULDER!! ROFLMAO

SHAD~ THERE IS A PLACE IN JAPAN THAT SEELS THE POUTINE.....MAYBE WE SHOULD ALL MEET THERE AND VISIT CHRIS!!! LOL YOUR CALL WAS PERFECT TIMING!!! IT YANKED ME BACK AND GROUNDED ME!! ANOTHER JOB WELL DONE!! LOL GOOD AND SAFE TRIP MY FRIEND!!
WHAT ELSE CAN I SAY???? WE SAID IT ALL ON THE PHONE!! ROFLMAO NOW I WILL GO AND FIND OUT WHAT BROOME LOOKS LIKE!! THANKS FOR THE NEW HOME!! HOPE THERE IS A LIGHTHOUSE!!! AND WITH AN ELEVATOR!!! ROFLMAO WATCH OUT FOR TIDAL WAVES AND EARTHQUAKES!!

MADCAT~OMG!! YOUR BIKE!!! ONE OF OUR ACCOUNTANTS, ISMAEL, CAME IN WITH SCRAPES AND CUTS ALL OVER HIM A FEW MONTHS BACK. WHILE COASTING DOWN A STEEP HILL HIS HANDLE BAR CAME OFF!!!! EEEK!!! HE HAD GOTTEN OUT OF THE HABIT OF CHECKING HIS BIKE. THE DR SAID THANK GOD HE HAD HIS HELMET ON BECAUSE THE BLOW TO THE HELMET WAS LIFE THREATENING. SO GOOD THING YOU SAW ALL THIS AHEAD OF TIME!!! ((((((hugs))))))) DON'T SCARE ME LIKE THAT!!! LOL OUR MAXWELL HOUSE PLANT IN HOBOKEN CLOSED DOWN AND GOT TORN DOWN AND IS NOW A SITE OF MANY CONDOS. SO SAD TO SEE THE BILLBOARD AND THE BIG CUP OF COFFEE ON THE BLDG GO. HOPE IT WAS STILL "GOOD TO THE LAST DROP"!!
WHEN THEY TORE IT DOWN YOU COULD SMELL COFFEE AS WE WERE GOING PAST. ALMOST LIKE WHEN IT WAS OPEN. SIGH WHEN A WOMAN IS HAVING A TEMPER TANTRUM....MEN NEED TO LEARN HOW TO SHUT-UP!!!!!!! ROFL

CARLA~ I BOOKMARKED THE WEBSITE FOR THE SOAP. THANKS!! I'LL KEEP IT IN MIND BUT THE COFFEE AND STRESS HAVE TO GO!!! LOL GLAD THE CATS HAVE SOMEONE TO WATCH NOW!!! OR AT LEAST THE ONE CAT. DOES HE PEEK OUT THE CURTAIN? LOL JEN'S BIRD LOVES TO SEE THE MEN OUT THERE. I OFTEN WONDER WHAT GOES ON IN ANIMAL'S HEADS!!! ROFL A SORT OF FRIENDSHIP IS PASSING OUT OF MY LIFE BUT I AM RELIEVED TO SEE IT GO!!! LOL SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT YOURS BUT THE UPCOMING VISIT IS WELL TIMED....FUNNY HUH? WHEN I EAT ASPARAGUS....PU!!!!! I CANNOT STAND THE SMELL IN THE LOO!!! ROFLMAO IT MAY BE HEALTHY GOING IN BUT SMEELS UNGODLY COMING OUT!!!

SUZI~ HAVE YOU READ FRANCES MAYES UNDER THE TUSCAN SUN AND BELLA TUSCANY?? I ALSO HAVE THEM ON CD. I LISTEN BEFORE I GO TO SLEEP. I AM EITHER ITALIAN OR EGYPTIAN IN A PAST LIFE! LOL WHEN I WATCH OR READ, I CAN FEEL THE "TUG" FROM DEEP INSIDE. ALMOST LIKE SOMETHING TRYING TO COME TO THE SURFACE.......OR RESURFACE! LOL WHAT IS THAT EXCERPT FROM?????? PLEASE TELL!

HAPPY~ "WHAT IS THE WORLD COMING TOO" YOU ASK....I JUST ASKED SHAD THE SAME THING ON THE PHONE!!!
BUT OF COURSE I MIGHT HAVE USED MORE COLORFUL LANGUAGE THOUGH!!! ROFLMAO WE CAME TO THE CONCLUSION IT MUST BE THE FULL MOON!! LOL SORRY TO HEAR THE GUMBALLS ARE ALL OVER AGAIN JUST AFTER YOUR TIDYING UP!!! SEEMS LIKE WE HAVE BEEN HAVING SIMILAR WEEKS ALONG WITH SHADDIE TOO!!
LET US PRAY THIS WEEK IS AN IMPROVEMENT OVER THE LAST ONE!!! ((((((((HUG))))))))

CEEJAY~ ALARMS AT WORK AND TOSSING STUFF AT HOME!! EXCITEMENT AND ORGANIZATION!!! THAT IS THE KIND OF WEEK I WANT!!!! ROFL I HAVE READ MANY TIMES AND NEVER LISTENED TO IT BUT THE PAST YEAR OR SO THIS IS WHAT I HAVE DONE.....I NEVER EAT A CARB WITHOUT A BIT OF PROTEIN. EVEN THE DR'S WILL TELL YOU THIS. SO I PUT A BIT OF CHEESE OR PEANUTBUTTER OR COTTAGE CHEESE ETC WITH MY BREAD OR A SWEET. I HAVE EVEN TAKEN TO EATING A SMALL 1 OZ PC OF CHEESE WITH FRUIT. THAT HAS BEEN MY SECRET OF KEEPING THE 30+ LBS OFF TILL I FELL TO EATING JUNK FOOD AGAIN!!! BUT I AM BACK ON THE WAGON. FITDAY SOUNDS LIKE A GOOD THING FOR YOU AND KEEPING TRACK OF WHAT'S GOING IN!! GOOD FOR YOU!

NAE~ THE FULL MOON DRUMMING CIRCLE SOUNDED WONDERFUL. NICE TO MEET NEW PEOPLE.....ESPECIALLY CARING ONES!!! HOPE YOU FOUND SOME PEACE YOURSELF THERE TOO. I WILL FIND SOME THIS WEEKEND IF THIS BIRD EVER SHUTS UP!! ROFLMAO HOW IS THE SCOOTER??? ARE YOU STILL GIVING THE NEIGHBORS SOMETHING TO SEE AS YOU RIDE BY?? I JUST WROTE ABOVE TO CEEJAY ABOUT THE CARB/PROTEIN THING AND NOW I THINK IT WAS YOU I WAS SUPPOSED TO SAY THAT TOO....ROFLMAO OH WLL. HOPE ALL IS WELL WITH YOUR LITTLE FAMILY!

HOLLY~ PANCAKES AND MAPLE SYRUP SOUND GOOD TO ME!!! I KNOW THE FEELING OF WHICH YOU GET ON AND OFF. FEELS LIKE SOMEONE THROWS YOUR LIFE INTO THE WASHER MACHINE AND PUTS IT ON THE SPIN CYCLE!!!
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2006, 08:50 AM   #15  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

HAPPY SUNDAY!!!
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote