Old 08-10-2006, 04:21 AM   #1  

Default In your 30's? Have 50-100 pounds to lose? A bit crazy? Late Summer/Autumn 2006

Hello!

Welcome to the Late summer/Autumn version of our little support group. Feel free to join us - you don't really need to be in your 30's or have a lot to lose -as long as you are a bit crazy!

Anyway come on in, help yourself to fruit and pick a comfy chair. There's a treadmill in the corner if you fancy a bit of exercise or a bar serving only low cal drinks. Mine's a G+T. There's also a LOT of cats so if you are allergic I'd suggest stocking up on antihistamine!

You'll be entertained by a fabulous singer, jokes aplenty and a tarot reader in a spooky corner.
coley144 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 04:25 AM   #2  

Replying to myself (again!) to explain why I've changed my ticker. Am hopefully going to be trying for a 'mini me' next year. I've been doing some reasearch and the max recommended weight to get pregnant is 17 stone (238 pounds). Have decided to aim well below that at 16 stone (224 pounds). I know you can have kids at higher weights and things will go fine but as I'm older as well I want to give myself the best chance possible.

So, here goes!

And how are you?...
Old 08-11-2006, 07:17 AM   #3  

Here! Here! the new one is here!

Blimey I look self obsessed posting 3 times in a row.

And how are you Claire?
Very well thank you.
Old 08-11-2006, 08:38 AM   #4  
How does this thing work?

S/C/G: 250/221/150

Height: 5' 5"

Hello, hello!!

Good luck on the mini-me. I, too, am wanting to procreate soon. I got married a year ago and don't have any little ones. I'm also 33, so I'm hoping to crank out two kiddies within two or three years. I know you can have children way into your 40s, but I don't want them to be too far apart in age.

I was 250 pounds when I went to the doctor about 5 or 6 weeks ago. I told her that I planned to lose weight and get pregnant this year. I also expressed my concerns to her about preeclampsia and gestational diabetes. But high blood pressure and diabetes run heavily in my family. At the time of my visit my blood pressure was already at the low end of high. She suggested that I first lose 70 - 80 pounds before I try to conceive. This is also considering the fact that once I topped 200 pounds, my cycle got all screwy. I'm 238 right now. Conception for me at this weight would probably be a little tricky. Plus, given my family history I would be a nervous wreck the entire time.

For those of you wondering just who the heck I am, , I posted on the other thread last night. I'm going to catch up on all your posts today. You seem to be a really fantastic group. I'm looking forward to getting to know all of you.

I hope you have good news for us soon Coley!!
Amany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 04:33 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 185/179/125

Height: 5'0"

I am new to all this stuff but would love to join. Amanada I have read the other thread you started and was going to join but I can't keep up with everybody. LOL.

I was married two years ago and also thinking about having children. At my age (36) and Being only 4'11" and 3/4 my weight of 185 when I was my heaviest and now at around 178 is considered morbidly obese, so I have to get movin and get this fat off.

I look forward to getting to know you and everybody else. I have had 96 oz of water today already. Not to bad. Going to Curves tonight. I just got back to work from the Physical Therapist for my ankle. It is doing okay this week.

Lets get going! Have a great weekend.
n2luvnlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2006, 11:01 AM   #6  

Hi N2! - Yes, things move at light speed on the other thread. I love it because the ladies are so sweet. I like this one too though!

Caroline - I'm trying to be busy with the exercise too. My goal is six days a week. Mon - Frid mornings aerobics (something different daily) and then yoga for abs or stretching. Then Pilates in the evening after 10 minutes of shadow boxing. On Saturdays, aerobics and maybe something else.

Lala - You're so, so funny! I agree and writing is a good way to exorcise the the demons!

Rebecca! - Congrats to you sweetie! On the house and the wedding. You certainly have a lot on your plate! You're going to be a lovely bride.

Coley - You, Rebecca and Lala really keep things going around here! This is a great thread you've started. I love it!
Old 08-13-2006, 03:01 PM   #7  

Hello! Good to see you both here.

Amany - You're doing really well. You're right at the top weight for pregnancy according to my info so anything you get off is a bonus. I'm not going to attempt a mini me for a while, probably about a year. Gives me time to shift some off and for us to get a new house. I'm 36 now though so I'm keeping an eye on the clock!

n2luvnlife - you're very welcome here. Sounds like you are working out a lot. What sort of diet are you following or is it just eat less, move more?

Am feeling rather chirpy today. Have lost 2 pounds this weekend!
Old 08-15-2006, 09:23 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 321/284/140

Cool

to Amany and N2!!!!

Whew!! I finnallly found our new thread.
Sorry I have been missing for a while. Things have been so nuts here. I am doing everything I can not to burst into a million peices from stress. I got everything moved from my place into storage and my finacee's place. And have spent the last week packing up My fiancee's place cause we move in a week. We close on our new house on thursday. So i will spend time this weekend cleaning and painting , and figuring out if we want to replace the carpet or try and give it a good cleaning then we will move in next weekend. And I still have to get invites out for the wedding in the next few weeks. And I don't even have all the addresses I need. This weekend was horrible, my fiancee got cold feet about the house and tried to cancel the deal. Found out it is wayyyy to late. If he cancels we could be sued this late in the game. I was in Iowa trying to get addresses for the invites and taking care of some personal business so I could not even help. we ended up having our first MAJOR fight. It is bad enough in person but try doing it over the phone from 5 hours away. Ahhhhhh!! But all is well again now, with the house and us.
Weight hasn't moved much, up and down the same 5 lbs for a month now, but I am losing lots of inches. I am exercising all the time, sometimes 2x a day, but I think I need to back off on the protein. My body just bulks up when I eat too much of it. I lost 100lbs before with little problems, and I was eating veggies and carbs mostly. So I will go back to that, I have 2 months and 2 weeks b4 the wedding and something has to work to get that scale moving. My dress should be here soon.
Looks like a lot of us will be pregnant at the same time. Won't that be fun. Instead of our little weight loss group, we will have a pregnancy group and talk about weight gain and streach marks and.... hey we already talk about those things. Anyway, I am hoping myself to have at least one or two in the next few years. I need to lose quite a bit first though as well. I can't beleive weigh can cause so many problems, but it does.
Coley-Look at you go!! Congrats on the 2 more lbs lost. and all the posting to yourself...
I wonder where La la is??
Amany- Sounds like you will fit in just fine. When I joined I went through and read all the past posts as well. LOL On 3 different months threads. I felt as if I knew everyone already, but they didn't know me so I became the posting queen for a while. LOL Now I am lucky if I have time to post 2 times a week. After the move and the wedding I will be around more.
N2-Don't feel bad, it is sometimes hard to keep up with us and other times we go days without posting. But you will love the group. There is always an encouraging word, someone here who understand what you are going through, and great friends to tell anything to. Feel free to contribute what you can.
Well now, look at what I did.. I wrote a book instead of a post.. I guess I had a lot to say today. LOL I hope everyone has a great day and I will talk to you soon.
KEEP IT UP!! WE CAN ALL DO IT!!!

Rebecca
GodsSongbird74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 09:57 AM   #9  

Rebecca, I'm glad things worked out for you and your fiance. I'm sure it's normal to get stressed out before purchasing a home. One day you'll look back at the whole thing and laugh.
BTW, as long as you're losing inches try not to worry about the weight. Years ago, I took on a healty lifestyle. Ate right and exercised everyday. I only lost 5 pounds, but I went from a sz 16 to a 12.
Do you ever watch Bridezillas? Please don't become that! I love that show...

I got great news yesterday!! I joined the Christmas Challenge on the Chicks up for a Challenge board. I decided to weigh myself earlier than I had originally planned. I wanted to start things off on the right foot. Anyway, I found I that I had lost two more pounds since Aug 10. Yes!!

Thanks for your welcome Coley. Although I should, I doubt if I'll wait until the 170s to try to conceive. I'll wait until December though. I think I'll be in the high 180s to low 190s by then. Did you know that losing weight makes you more fertile? Estrogen is stored in fat. When you lose fat, it's released into your blood stream and makes you more fertile.

Last edited by Amany; 08-15-2006 at 10:38 AM.
Old 08-15-2006, 01:20 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 185/179/125

Height: 5'0"

Angry Hi

Took me a couple of days to find this thread again. LOL ~ Just trying to get used to this website and the diet and all. I sure hope I can find you again after I post.

Thanks for the WELCOME. I appreciate it.

I am a little depressed today. No weight loss this week, no gain either. TTOM so hopefully that is the reason I am feeling depressed as well. Next week will be a better weigh in. Keep my fingers crossed. I will stick to the diet this week and exercise. Water isn't going down as fast today, I need to pick up the pace today.

Still trying to get to know everyone. Bare with me until I get this down pat and can respond to individual posts.

I hope everyone is having a great day.
n2luvnlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 06:43 AM   #11  

Hello Ladies!

Just a drive by posting as I'm at work and should be doing..er..work! I'm down another pound! That's 3 this week! This weight loss business is very odd indeed. Three months of crawling weight loss then this..and I'm doing nothing different!

Anyhoo, Rebecca good to see you back! Yes the online conversations with myself were starting to look a bit sad! Hope things sort out with the house etc. Owning your own house is really a great thing. I certainly felt much more..I dunno...settled and stable when I got mine.

Amany - I didn't know that about weight loss. Thanks! It makes sense though. With all the spots I keep getting there must be hormones rushing around! And well done on the weight loss.
Old 08-16-2006, 07:58 PM   #12  

Coley, it's fine to post from work. I do all sorts of things when I'm supposed to be working. I feel just fine about it. Wouldn't it be great if Rebecca was right and there were a few pregnancies here at one time? I'm going to be good and wait until December to try to conceive. I doubt if by then I'll have lost the 70 - 80 lbs my doctor recommended, but I think I'll have lost 60 by then. I was 250 when I last saw her. H*ll, I'm working my butt off!!

N2, don't let the scale get you down. The body is always trying to stabilize and prevent starvation. So sometimes it will hold on to a few pounds for dear life. Once your body realizes your not starving it, it will release the pounds.
Another thing is, if your exercising, you could be building muscle that weighs more than fat. About 13 years ago I changed my eating habits and started exercising. I went from a 16 to a 12. But I only lost 5 pounds! The scale isn't always a good indicator of your success. Measuring is a good idea. I would do it, but I'm too dang lazy.
Old 08-17-2006, 05:02 PM   #13  
Play that funky music!

S/C/G: 290ish/266/250

Height: 5'4"

Hi! I'm still mostly here! Work has kept me pretty busy, and though I'm on a break from school, Mr. Lala has been trying to re-teach me some Algebra (it's been 15 years!) so that I won't get lost when it's time for Trigonometry and Calculus. Ugh and more ugh...

I'm starting to get back on track, I think. We are still walking three miles every night and the food is getting better, pardoning the occasional Macaroni Grill blowout. I had gained back up to 260, but have whittled that down to 254 again as of this morning. Woot! We are getting a new rice cooker this weekend, so we're going to try eating various lightly cooked meats over steamed rice more often, rather than big, heavy, cheese covered, sodium packed extravaganzas and casseroles. You can also pre-set the timer and make oatmeal in it, so that I'll be able to take oatmeal for breakfast at work instead of eating eggs every single day. I have bloodwork in the morning and I don't even want to think about my cholesterol right now!

Anyway... I'll try to check in more often. I've just been feeling a little crazed lately...

-Lala
dalai_lala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 05:13 PM   #14  
Diva under construction..

S/C/G: 262/212/175

Height: 5'7"

Hello...
I think I might fit in here, I'm 34 (very soon to be 35 EeekK!), need to lose an additional 40+ lbs, and I'm not entirely sane. I'm at the half way point and really need some shovin'!!! Had a bad week last week but I have totally recovered this week. My DS#2 turns 6 months on Sunday the 20th! I concieved him @238!! Ouch, won't do that again. Full term I was 270lbs. I also have a 14 year old...Appears I'm not very good at multi-tasking!...j/k. We are trying for another very soon. DH thinks he has another 6 months before we START trying but he's wrong....we are secretly trying now! Sssshhhhh! lol. I hope to get to know you all!

Last edited by Stevi-rocks; 08-17-2006 at 05:14 PM. Reason: Note to self...check your spelling BEFORE you post!
Stevi-rocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2006, 01:54 PM   #15  
Can't wait 2 be a goddess

S/C/G: 236/see ticker/165

Height: 5'8

Hi new here can i join in ?? im 33 and need to lose 50 lbs I live in cali and have 4 kids ( crazy yeah 3 are teenagers) 2 boys 2 girls and im done (tied on the table after #4 c-section) i have stayed the same weight for a month AGGGGG im soooo fustrated rihght now i've changed eating different things (I count Calories) i've switched up excee. I dont know but im sure you ladies can help sorry for the vent
thanks
michelle
707Goddess is offline   Reply With Quote