Old 08-02-2006, 04:13 PM   #1  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

Default August Yadda Yadda Yadda!

Boy is it hot!! 95 but feels like 111!! I may melt!!!

So things are trucking along. I am back on plan, so that feels good. I mean it's only day 3, but it's nice anyway!! I have water aerobics tonight. That'll be fun.

Bailey (new puppy) is doing well. He is good in his crate now and is almost housebroken. Now to combat the jumping and nipping, but hey, he's a puppy!!!

I started a blog. I am hoping that it will keep me focused. I have a link to it in my sig.

How is everyone else??
Sandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 11:11 PM   #2  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

Hi, what a cute puppy. Congrat's on being on plan. WTG.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 09:13 AM   #3  
One pound at a time...

Thanks for starting this Sandi. Awesome job with sticking to your new plan.

Things are kind of ho hum for me at the moment. I kind of hit rock bottom last week. I have been very very fustrated with Jenny Craig, as even when I stick to the point of being anal, I either lose a small amount or even gain. I am now re-evaulating the plan and starting to look into something else. It may mean I have to go to lower calories.

August will be pretty quiet, the best news is that I have been promoted to a manager two weeks ago with a major bump in salary so that is nice. I can now start seriously looking into putting laminate floors into my basement. Other than that, we have a long weekend this weekend, so I am going to take Friday off. Unfortunately, that means ~hour in the dentist chair to have some cavities filled (oy!), but in the afternoon I am going to the spa to finally have my hair cut and coloured.

Sandi-post some pictures of Bailey soon!
ChocLabLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 09:49 AM   #4  
DollyR

S/C/G: GW - 145

Height: 5'6"

Thanks Sandi for getting this one going....

I will be back home on Tuesday night and I am planning on "cleaning out" my cabinets on Wed. so I can get my house more diet friendly. BF loves tostitos and salsa but he will have to take it with him if I buy it for him. Otherwise I am looking forward to cooking dinner for us and relaxing on Wed. night.

I am really going to try my best to get into the right mind set and get going on this new way of life. I am very into eating better and I will be able to hit the gym by Thursday. I want to get my routine started before school starts up in a couple of weeks. This has been a good summer and I have come to some really important realizations about my life and habits in general.

My health improved since I started exercising. I got great reports all the way around this summer as far as blood pressure and my echo and some other tests. I am going to try to get everything even better by trying to stay as stress free as possible. I am also looking forward to sharing with the students all the things I learned this summer in graduate school. I hope it all works out.

Sandi - great job on the plan....I am proud of you. I hope I can catch your vibe when I land in the Land of the Morning Calm.

Carol - Sorry about the JC plan. I would just take some time and just evaluate what might be the problem. You have lost 15 pounds and that is Awesome Way to Go!!! If it comes off slower it stays off. But I know it gets frustrating....... Keep your chin up!
DollyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 10:31 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 344/279.1/???

Sandi—that is great you are on plan. WTG. Glad to hear Bailey is doing well.

Carol—I hope you can get things worked out. I'm not sure if funniegrl is still posting much or not but I know she was successful with Jenny Craig and might have some advice for you.

Darlene—I know I always did my best when I had a "clean" house meaning I didn't have all that extra junk in the house and I didn't crave it as much.

I'm doing so-so, really in the home stretch.
I've got about 3 1/2 weeks left and I'm beginning to wonder if I'll make it that far. I really want to since even at 3 1/2 weeks I'll only be 37 1/2 weeks. I had some swelling at my appt. yesterday (it was a 1+), I've gained 4 pounds in a week and although he said my BP was okay, I know it's gone up from being in the 100s-110s/60s-70s to 122/83. I saw a different doc since mine had to leave on an emergency. I sure missed him because he performed my c-section with Lilly and I've been with him ever since so he knows my history. This doc did tell me that if my BP goes up next week, I gain another 4 pounds in a week, or develop headaches, I may have to quit my job early, which I don't need right now. Hopefully it will resolve itself as long as I continue to get up and walk often at work and keep my feet propped up as soon as I get home.
barbygirl43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2006, 03:01 PM   #6  
No Excuses/No Whining!

S/C/G: 333/263/185

Height: 5'7"

Goodness, you all have certianly been busy

Let me see, whats up with me? New administration at work starts next week, change is always rough. My vacation has been "postponed" due to all the changes.. apparently "your knowledge is too beneficial for you to be gone during all these changes".. so, hmm.. nice to be needed, but, sucks to have to miss my vacay!
My daughter starts school next week and my son starts daycare again.. so i have to do the back to school shopping next wednesday.
I start school on the 15th, so shopping for me too.. in fact, im planning on being down another size by then.. cause im *thismuch* away from it now.. you see, i dont wear ANYTHING uncomfortable, so while i CAN get the 22's on.. they are not comfy, so i dont consider myself to be that size yet.. However, the very fact that im not in 30's anymore just pleases me to death!

Which brings me to a question.. im 262 and 5'7" i wear a 24.. and almost a 22.. what sizes/weights/heights are all of you.. so that i can guesstimate what size i *might* be in when i weigh 'x' amount of pounds..???????????
supernurse_mommie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2006, 11:48 PM   #7  
~~Maintainer!~~

S/C/G: 346/186/186

Height: 5' 9"

Hi all,

Sandi, glad you're back on plan. The water aerobics sound like such fun.

Carol, congrats on the promotion at work, and the salary increase. I hope you been able to work out something different with your food plan.

Dawn, I hope all goes well these last few weeks of your pregnancy and you can continue working as you had planned. I know it's a pain to not see your regular doctor, but the important thing is if your regular doctor will be on call when the big day comes. (Or are you C-section and that's not a concern?)

Supernurse, school starts here on Monday. The kids and I spent the day shopping. Kids must wear uniforms at our school, so the clothes shopping is easier than pre-uniform days. As far as sizes, I'm wearing a 20W pants, and a 16W or 18W shirt. I can squeeze into 18 pants, but it's not a pretty sight.

The weather here has been brutal lately. (Yeah, I know it has been everywhere....) Does anyone else feel like weight loss slows over the summer, even when on plan? It just seems like the last 10 lbs took forever to come off. A few other people have commented on how their weight loss has slowed down and it just made me wonder.

I sure hope to get to rest tomorrow. The last few weeks have been very stressful. DH had knee surgery and is recuperating and will continue to recuperate for the next 3 MONTHS. DD had two surgeries in April, one major and one to correct a problem that occurred from the first surgery. She's pretty much recovered, although she has a neurological disease that will require future care. DH has actually been a pretty good patient, compared to what you hear about some husbands being such babies. However, I am just bone dead tired of nursing and caretaking. Pile work on top of it, with all of the projects that were delayed from my absence in April and May, and the fact that I can't seem to get caught up on my sleep, and it adds up to too much some days. I know I sound so selfish, but it just feels good to rant, and I can't do it in front of my family.

Hope everyone has a good Sunday.
jtammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 02:58 PM   #8  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

Jacob had kindergarten registration last night. *sigh* I don't really know if I am ready for him to be in school yet. He seems excited. But it will be a BIG change for him. Since Steve and I both work ful time he is in day care all day. But he has been at the same place for over 5 years. His school has before and after school care, so he won't be going back to his daycare until next summer. There should be one or 2 kids from his daycare there, hopefully that'll help!

Next week we are taking a week's vacation. Not really going anywhere. Don't really have the funds. But we plan on teaching Jacob how to ride his bike with no training wheels, go to the show, minature golf, swimming and lots of walks with Bailey. It'll be nice to spend a ton of time with the whole family. It seems like we are out of control busy these days. I guess we'll have to do back to school shopping too. I got Jacob about 10 shirts on clearance in the spring for the fall, so I guess he just needs some pants.

My weight loss is coming along. I just need to stay focused. I tend to get off track so easily.

jtammy - OMG!! You come here and rant all you want!! Geez, you sure do have alot going on. Caretaking can just really take it out of you especially when you were busy to start with! Did you get any rest??

supernurse_mommie - I hear you about the vacation. I have to teach a 1/2 day during mine because no one else has the knowlege. Geez.

barbygirl43 - How are we doing?? Are you still working??

DollyR - I think having a "clean" house is one of the most important things you can do for yourself. I was saved over the weekend because there wasn't any junk in the house.

ChocLabLover - So what's with your plan? Did you talk to your counselor? What did she say?? Congrats on the promotion!!!
Sandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 03:33 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

Kindergarten registration!! What a milestone in Jacob's life, Sandi. Prepare to cry when you leave him on that first day. And let me be the first to tell you that worrying about your kids does not stop when they turn 18. In fact, I'm finding these adult problems with grown kids are a lot harder. I can't just kiss it and make it better. *Sigh* Glad to hear about your 8 lb. loss--you're on a roll!

Having a small cavity filled today. I hate the drill with a passion, and turn into a trembling, weeping lunatic in the dentist's chair. It's embarassing, and even valium doesn't help. So not looking forward to this.

Note: The dentist was busy, so another dentist said she was going to fill the tooth. She shot me up with novacaine, came back 10 min. later and said the original dentist was going to do it. Then I sat in the chair, getting more and more stressed for 35 min. until I couldn't stand it any longer and left. I had already told them how freaked out I get, and yet they let me sit in that chair for 50 min. total, listening to all those dental sounds I hate. Can you believe it?

Last edited by Sheila53; 08-08-2006 at 07:31 PM.
Sheila53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 04:30 PM   #10  
DollyR

S/C/G: GW - 145

Hi Ladies,

I am back home. I got in last night about 9 PM had some ramen at 11 because that was all that was in the house. I fell asleep about 12 and now I am up at five. Ahhhhhh.......the wonders of jet lag. I will most likely crash in the afternoon for a nap and then be up till about 10 ish. The up swing is my honey will be here after not seeing him for almost 2 months. I am looking forward to making us dinner and just crashing. I wanto relax and just talk.

I am going to "clean" the refridgerator this morning before I go to the commissary. I may even make it over to the local market as well but we'll see how it all goes.

Nice to back in my own bed.
DollyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 10:44 PM   #11  
~~Maintainer!~~

S/C/G: 346/186/186

Height: 5' 9"

Hi everyone,

Darlene, I know you must be glad to be back with your honey. You'll be able to get a good routine established before school starts back, I'm sure of it. It sounds like you have a good plan. Did you get that refrigerator cleaned out yet?

Hi Sandi, Yes, I agree with Sheila. Take lots of tissue. He'll probably be fine, but you'll need them as you get to the car and drive away. It is exciting for kids though, and he'll already know a few kids from daycare and by the end of the day he'll feel like he knows lots more. I realized that I didn't do a very good job explaining what school was all about years ago. My DS was telling me about his day, and I remarked that "Tomorrow at school, you'll blah, blah, blah......" He said, "You mean I have to go back tomorrow too?" We still laugh about that, even as he started his first year of high school this year.

Sheila, Wow, that was a long time to wait for someone who already hates the dentist office. Do you have to go back to the same dentist?

The scales are really being evil lately. I've always been a daily weigher, but if they continue to NOT move, I'm only a few weeks away from hiding them.

I DID get to rest some Sunday. I even took a nap that afternoon, which is unheard of. I told the kids to look after their Dad, and called a friend who had offered to take the kids to youth program that night, and I rested. It revived my spirit.

Now I need to head to bed. SInce I exercise in the morning, I wake up between 4:45 and 5:15, so getting to bed early enough is a challenge. It helps to have the kids back in school though, since they're tired by 9:00 now also.

Have a great night everyone
jtammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 09:34 AM   #12  
One pound at a time...

Sheila, I feel for you. I actually had 4 cavities filled in the past 3 days. Two last Friday, and two this past Monday. I am NOT a fan of the needle, and in the back of my mind (I know, I know, it's silly) I always think "What if the freezing doesn't take?" Sitting for 50 minutes in the chair is NOT on, I would have left as well.

Darlene, Yes, it is nice to be in your bed. I find I never sleep so well unless I am in my own comfy bed.

Sandi-I am looking into another program at the moment. I just want to kick start the weight loss, you know? The program I am thinking of is monitored by doctors and nurses, and you go in 3 times a week for a weigh in and checking your blodd pressure etc., My understanding it is pretty restrictive but I am still researching it at the moment.
ChocLabLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 10:50 AM   #13  
Downsizing Dee!

Hello ladies - long time no chat. I've been away in a different province at the end of July and have been super busy at work the last week and a half. Time to get regular here again and get these last few pounds gone!

I just registered for the fall semester for night courses at my uni so I'm hoping to be only a couple of pounds off of my goal before my scheldule gets all thrown out of whack. Other that that, I've been enjoying my summer quite a bit. It's been fairly relaxing. We built a new deck in our backyard last month and we've been out enjoying, sipping cocktails most evening (sheesh, I wonder why I'm having trouble with these last few pounds!) Work's been crazy but I never take it home with me so as soon as I leave the office door, it's behind me till another day.

Sandi - I just checked out your blog. Some good thoughts on there. It's funny what you start to realize when you force yourself to have a good hard look at something (e.g your aches & pains section). I'm still noticing stuff all the time - I hope that awareness never fades, it kind of keeps me on my toes. Congrats on getting back on plan and it sure sounds like you've found something you love with the water aerobics. Keep at it! Enjoy you're vacation and I hope Jacob just thrives in kindergarten!

Carol - you'll have to post some pics of the renovations once they're complete. I just love looking at home reno pics and seeing rooms transformed.

Darlene - Welcome home! Your own comfy bed, "clean" cupboards - sounds like you're all settled in again.

Dawnyal - Wow time certainly goes quickly! Seems like you just posted that you were expecting and now you're almost there. Fingers crossed that you're able to keep all levels stable and continue on like you are.

Supernurse - Certainly must feel good to be so valued, but it certainly sucks to have to postpone your vacation. To answer your question, you're quite a bit taller than me - I'm 5'2". When I was at my highest weight (243#) I was wearing a size 20. Right now I can't find any type of consistency in pants at all. Some pants that I have in size 10 are still a little snug, most of my size 8's fit perfectly and I actually have 2 pants in size 6 that are falling off me.

Tammy - that's certainly a big burden on you for sure. 3 surgeries in the last 6 months. Rant away, we'll all listen!

Sheila - 50 minutes waiting in a dentist chair? Holy cow! I'm not nervous about dentists or needles and the like but I think I would have got up and left too. Either that or did it myself, lol.
newfiedarling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 10:59 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 247/177.5/130

Height: 5'3"

Oh geeze-- I've got a lot to catch you all up on.. I haven't been around in a loooonnnnnggg time... I'll give you the short version.

I started a new job in January-- am LOVING it.
Bought a brand new house in March--- am LOVING it.
Sold my Motorcycle (you old timers should remember I was an avid Harley Rider)
Carson turned 1 year old last month
Decided to finally get my act together and get back to business with weight loss-am LOVING it! I have to tell you, I feel EXACTLY the way I did about this weight loss journey as I did the first time back in March 04. I feel so good. I am extremely focused and determined to get this post-pregnancy weight off and get back to pre-pregnancy of 143. Eventhough it took me a year to get with it again, I really feel like its time. I've got my house, work and child settled now and I can finally focus on ME! I have no desire to go back to my previous lifestyle of poor eating habits. I truly feel on top of the world and its just the beginning. I said it before and I'll say it again, I Love being on this journey. Life is so much better when you're living a healthy lifestyle. And I'll admit, I felt really down and out during the last 12 months and I had the most negative outlook on dieting, I couldn't stick with it for even a day. Its all about the mind frame. It proves my theory of being positive about it. Im ready to go.

Ok-- so I got a little off topic-- sorry...

In a nutshell, that's where I am this week.
tolose85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 11:06 AM   #15  
Downsizing Dee!

Great post Gretchen!
newfiedarling is offline   Reply With Quote