Closed Thread

Old 08-07-2006, 11:10 AM   #1  

Height: 5'1"

Smile Being Accountable: Weekly Challenge 3

Weekly Challenge:

Another chance at doing a challenge! This one may be an easier challenge for some.

It was also borrowed from the support forum. (Gotta give credit where credit is due) I was a part of this challenge way back when I first started and really enjoyed it....and I think some of you may enjoy it also.

What does it involve? Well let me tell ya.....

Each week you choose something that you really have a hard time doing and you do it for the week. BUT--the difference between this and the 21 day challenge is:....you DON'T have to do this every day of the week! (The week consist of Monday through Sunday----yes weekends too!)

Say for instance.....you really want to cut down on sugar...but you know you can't last for the full 21 days (as in the 21 day challenge) but you know you can at least work it in some of the days in a week. You can choose how many days such as 3 or 4 or 5.....(but no less than 3 please) and then commit yourself to it.

AND....it doesn't have to be all in a row either! You may decide to not eat sugar for 4 days. So on Monday you have no sugar, but on Tuesday you can have some, on Wednesday none, then Thurdsday...(you get the idea) As long as you complete the amount of days you committed yourself to.

So what do you think? Think we can commit to doing this? Let's give it a try!
Old 08-07-2006, 11:44 AM   #2  
GmaTo8

Count me in! I made my challenge last week, and am doing the same thing - 1600 calories or less daily, with an added 200 on Sunday - this week.
Old 08-07-2006, 01:12 PM   #3  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

I have planned 6 mini meals which should fulfill my need to "graze.' (It does seem like I will be eating all day long) I will continue to write down what I eat and see how this works for me. I hope to follow my plan for the whole week. Will re-access on Sun. and plan for the next week. Meanwhile, I am good with the water and will still TRY to get in exercise each day.

So far today I am right on and have also done WATP. YAY!
Old 08-07-2006, 03:30 PM   #4  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Thumbs up 5 Days of Exercise

Count me in too! I am doing the same as last week and will do so until I get back on track with the exercise. I didn't make it to It Figures three days but I did go twice and I walked 3 days so I did get in 5 days of exercise.

Will stick with going to It Figures M-W-F and walk Tues-Thurs. I'm only aiming for the 5 days but will do a Sat once in a while, just not including it in the challenge in case I don't. Besides...I think 5 days of exercise is good.

SUE...yay for getting the WATP done! I think 6 mini-meals is a great plan and I hope it works for ya!

JANE...wtg on getting through last week!

WI was today for me and I am happy to say I am down 2 pounds! Yippee! Now to keep going down...

EDITED: Forgot to say...I did make it to It Figures this morning and I also did a 1.05 mile walk on the treadmill when I got home. Had to make it an even 129 miles instead of 128.95, lol. I know it doesn't seem like a lot of miles since April but I took a two week break and I don't walk every day. I will get to 200 eventually, hoping next month and then I can get that charm to add to my bracelet.
Old 08-07-2006, 10:25 PM   #5  
I can dream, can't I?

Finished the day without even one bite over my allowance. I was glad I allowed for the snack tonight..I wanted a sweet. Throughout the day I kept thinking I was eating too much, but when I checked over my diary tonight I think it was okay. If anything I could add a bread. I also did some more exercise this afternoon, so along with the WATP I did good there.

Cristina- Way to go on getting in the walking and It Figures. Congrats on the 2 pounds. I hope I can do that this week.

Jane- Great that you made it last week...I am sure you will do it again this week. I haven't counted calories but just try to limit portions and eat what I know I should eat.
Old 08-07-2006, 10:55 PM   #6  

Well what do you know, I start the challenge thread but forgot to post my challenge!

This week will be exercise. Any form of it. I was going to do something w/my eating, but I'm wanting to move more again so I need to do exercise. Maybe I'll alternate my weeks: exercise/something/exercise/something....(you get the idea)

Today I decided not do exercise. Yeah I know, if I don't start today...but I just can't get myself moving today, feeling really tired. Tomorrow morning though.

Goal is 4 out of 7 days.
Old 08-08-2006, 11:24 AM   #7  
I can dream, can't I?

Yay! I walked outdoors for 2 miles this morning. So far I am doing good on food..eating well and writing it down. BBL to report.
Old 08-08-2006, 02:37 PM   #8  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Thanks SUE! And WTG on your eating and your walking!

MARTI...been there one too many times. I do hope you got some rest. I have a hard time with the exercise too. I go through phases where I do great and then slowly slack off or just quit. Gotta stop doing that...now I tell myself to just do it because if I don't, well, I won't. I always do feel better when I get it done too. Even if I don't lose any weight, it makes me feel better, tired, but better. I think your plan of exercise/something/exercise/something is a good one and you'll get there.

I went to the park this morning and got in a 3.5 mile walk, feels pretty good. So far, so good.
Old 08-08-2006, 05:01 PM   #9  
GmaTo8

Default Hello challeged ones. :)

Sue You're are doing great.

Cristina - WOOHOO on losing 2 pounds, that's great! And especially for making it to Onederland!

Marti - were you able to get any exercise in today so far? I like your plan, too. Kind of mixes it up so you don't get too bogged down with one thing.

I am still OP and feeling great about that. I found something for when I want a crunchy snack. It's Mt. Olive brand sugar free bread and butter pickle spears made with Splenda. Just one or maybe 2 a day, and they are so good! I found them at Walmart, and may have mentioned the slices a long time ago. But I like the spears, too. They are 0 calories per 1 ounce, but I count them as 10 apiece anyway. Gotta watch out for the salt, though. Always a drawback, isn't there?
Old 08-08-2006, 10:10 PM   #10  
I can dream, can't I?

Glad to report that I have finished up my day doing what I planned foodwise. I can see that I am going to have to look up some calorie friendly main courses, but otherwise I can do this. Breakfast and lunch are no problem and neither are snacks, but dinner is going to be the problem. You can only eat so much chicken...and we like to go meatless often, but I need to find some good recipes.
Planning to walk in the morning again and hope I feel as good as I did this morning.
Old 08-09-2006, 11:00 AM   #11  

Did yoga yesterday and have plans to do some more tonight after work. Need to strengthen my core muscles!!

I shall report later on tonight.
Old 08-09-2006, 12:51 PM   #12  
lana

S/C/G: 160/157/130

Height: 5'3"

Marti, there are 4 of us that have joined up on the Buddy Forum; it is ok to take the Weekly Challenge and post for them to check it out and see is they're up to trying it? It could help motivate us.
Old 08-09-2006, 07:45 PM   #13  
GmaTo8

Sue and Marti, way to go!!

lanabs - you can copy the challenge from here - we got it from the support threads. Or you and your friends can join us here, ok? You're more than welcome to do that. Having a larger group would make it more interesting.

Cristina - hope you're doing well today, too.

I'm still OP and have another NSV to report. Two women from my church invited me to lunch today, and I stayed totally OP. I had 1/2 of a pita with grilled chicken and tomatoes. It came with dill sauce, but I asked for that on the side, and only used a tad of that. I also had fresh fruit with lunch, instead of potato salad, or a cup of cream soup.

Onward and downward, lol!!!
Old 08-09-2006, 10:07 PM   #14  
I can dream, can't I?

Way to go Jane. Marti and Cristina, how did you do today?
Proud to say that I stuck to my plan AND also walked tonight. I am having an easier time with exercise since I am not over eating. (Imagine that) Must admit I got a little tired of fruit and will have to get some more crunchy veggies to snack on. But, day 3 down. Yay!
Old 08-10-2006, 12:02 AM   #15  

Hi gals....

Did a lunch walk today instead of yoga. I was in a mood today so it was a good idea anyway.

lanabs--As Jane has mentioned, I got the challenge from the support forum. You are all welcome to join us here if you'd like. We'd love to have you all!

Jane--You're doing FABULOUS on staying OP! You are in such a good place!! I'm so proud!!! Keep up the good work.

Sue--FANTASTIC! Staying on plan AND exercise?! Way to go!!

Cristi--How was today for you?? Pop in and let us know!

I'm enjoying the challenge. Seems to keep us all accountable don't you think?

Keep up the great work girls!
Closed Thread