Old 08-05-2006, 01:54 PM   #1  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Smile Back In Kindergarten #17

Welcome to Back In Kindergarten #17 to anyone reading this!

"I feel like I am back in kindergarten in many ways... personal, sometimes at work and now with the weight loss. I have done so many things wrong over the years.....emotional eating, pills for weight loss, eating the wrong things, failed diets, etc.
Now it's time to start fresh, kinda like back in kindergarten......"--Jules

Come and join us, All are welcome!!
FrouFrou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2006, 01:57 PM   #2  
One day at a time

KATY's POST...

Cristina - My heart goes out to you and your family - don't know how well I would hold up in your situation. Josh is in my prayers..I always pray for a quick resolution for Iraq and for the brave men and women who go there.

on another subject, if you can get the numbers and brands for both greens, I would just love that...I am looking at all kinds of green right now and it's hard when there are so many!

I am on pins and needles..MIL's SO went to the ER this afternoon and I'm very worried. He has had a history of heart attacks, quintuple bypass, diabetes, and his general denial and neglect of his health. He has been on medicinal maintenance for two years, meaning there's nothing they can do for him except hope he takes his meds and decides to follow the doc's recommendations for his lifestyle. DH was over at his mom's earlier in the week and said he didn't think he looked too good...

Please say a prayer and hope it's indigestion...

BBL chickies
Old 08-05-2006, 02:10 PM   #3  
One day at a time

Hello Ladies...

Pretty quiet here...

KATY...my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. I do hope all is well with MIL's SO. And thank you for the prayers...I think that is about all we can do. I do know what you mean about trying to find the right color...lord knows we have been through our share. Luckily, the living room and bedroom were the "right" colors so we got those right the first time. The colors are Green Bough 311A-4 and Green Tea Leaves 5004-1C, both are American Tradition from Lowes. I really like both colors too, I find them both pleasing to the eye. Hope you guys find the "right" color for your room.

SUZYQ...I have been on pins and needles for month's about Josh. I knew as it got closer to him leaving it would only get worse but I am working on it. Trying to stay busy so my mind isn't on him-easier said than done. I say just do it! Just ask the MM out. It doesn't really have to be a date date, maybe just go for a cup of coffee or a drink. He is cute I must say. And...Gaby is a cutie too! That is a GREAT picture of her.

HI to everyone else

I am getting sleepy, zzzzzzzz. My alarm went off at 5:30 and I went to the bathroom and said heck with getting up this early. Well, my conscious got the best of me and I got up at 5:45 and was out the door at 6 for my walk. I really am glad I went. I always feel better going it's just getting up so early that kills me. Supposed to be hot so that is the reason I get up early...it was a cool 71 degrees. Anyway, came home and did some straightening up before mowing the front yard (I was on a roll, lol) and then took a shower and went to meet V for lunch at 11. But now I am getting sleepy. Definitely will be taking a nap later. Anyway, that's about all I have. V is going to change our door knobs when he gets home and I have a load of laundry to get done and that's about it for my day. I do plan on getting some reading done. I have to finish that book and start another. I have so many I want to read but haven't been in a reading mood.

Take care ladies and I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!
Old 08-05-2006, 02:55 PM   #4  
kitty Momo

Good Morning!!

I love your avatar Cristi - where did you get it? hmmm, you know we do have the Bite coming up with food and music down at the waterfront - maybe get a group of co workers to go down on Friday - include MM of course....lol.....I guess he offered to buy drinks for the ladies the other day - he is so sweet. Loved how he use to come into my office - kick his feet up on my desk ( I glared) and throw pieces of gum at me.....cute, he is like my brother....naw.....don't think we would ever get together - though it is nice to sit and drool at his picture.........little incest doesn't hurt....lmao.......oops, didn't say that!!!!

Ick - made scrambled eggs with hot dogs for Gaby.I go "do you want eggs?" she goes "yes".....and I say "scrambled???".....she replies...."no, I want eggs"....haha....she IS a doll.

anyway - check in later.....need to get my walk in,,,,,
Mom2Gaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2006, 09:50 PM   #5  
RosieKate

Crisitina - TY for the color numbers - we'll check them out...still haven't settled on a color. Also thanks for your prayers for Roberto. We haven't heard anything today. Yesterday all we heard from my MIL was that he might have had another heart attack, but weren't sure. The docs were giving him meds to get rid of excess liquid so they could get a better look at things...gonna be in the hospital for a few days at least. When he had his last heart attack two years ago, the doctors said his arteries were so bad from neglected diabetes that they could not do any more bypasses. There was nothing to bypass around the older bypasses. They gave him meds and said how long you live is up to you. Ugh.

Susan - mmm Bite mmmm haven't been to that in ages. MM - free drinks...sounds like fun to me, lol!

The wonderful, perfect mosaic tile for our new bathroom is still on that slow boat from China...just found out it won't be here until Mid-October. We are going to check out some other tile resources, but are also feeling kind of ok with waiting for the good stuff. So much for being done by Labor Day

Hope you are all having a good weekend
Old 08-06-2006, 01:21 PM   #6  
kitty Momo

Good Morning!!

I need to go shampoo my hair but wanted to check in first!!

Had a bagel w/ turkey for breakfast - hmm and a nice couple cups of coffee....

Prayers for Ricardo Katy! He is your step father in law?

We have our company picnic next week. I volunteered to take pictures. We will have a whole web page of the MM - hehe....hope he is there!! *sigh* *pant* *drool*,,,,,,,,,

Bored,,,,,,,might go windex the toaster......*snicker*,,,,,you all better get your butts in here!! Come entertain me!!
Old 08-06-2006, 07:24 PM   #7  
RosieKate

Hi -a quickie from moi today
Update....Roberto did indeed have another heart attack, but nobody is sure when it happened. He had only two working arteries left, and now the docs want to run tests ( angiogram and echocardiogram) maybe even open him up to assess the damage. R and his family are skeptical about whether this is going to do him any good...I mean it really wont change his prognosis or his course of treatment so why put him through it. However, it is a decision he will have to make probably in the next day or so

Thanks for all your prayers and good wishes. MIL says he is feeling better and has been able to take a shower.

Susan - yeah I consider Roberto a FIL. He and MIL are not married, but have lived together for 7 years.

BBL
Old 08-06-2006, 07:45 PM   #8  
kitty Momo

How old is he Katy?? That is too bad - many prayers for him and your mother.

I had a grape slurpee and we cleaned the apt. Fleas are gone!! Did my 10 second test around the apt and saw no fleas jump on my feet. We can hope at least , huh?

anyway - going to head home and relax.

chat tomorrow!!
Old 08-06-2006, 09:57 PM   #9  
bep
Certifiable CHOCOHOLIC!!!

S/C/G: 255/211/150

Height: 5'5"

Hi there!

Oh boy, I was bad today! DH wanted Pizza Hut for lunch so that is where we went. Then tonight, I couldn't figure out what I wanted for dinner and it was after 9pm when I went to eat so I just munched on some junk. I feel yucky.
bep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 12:56 AM   #10  

Hi Everyone ~~~ Well I know it's been awhile since I've made a visit here, and as you can see, I have a new screen name. I couldn't remember my password, so I just created a whole new account with a fresh new start. So much has been going on with me, but things have gotten much better with my daughter, and I'm so happy about that again. Right now, I'm suffering extremely with a pulled muscle in my lower back, and living off of 800mg Motrins, which seem to be helping. I will never be able to catch back up on everything, but please forgive me for backing away for awhile; I just could not talk to people for awhile with everything going on. I'm heading to bed now and will check back in tomorrow morning. I LOVE everyone's new avatar pics!!!
PokeeDotts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 08:51 AM   #11  
bep

Howdy there & welcome back! I had wondered where you were.
Old 08-07-2006, 09:37 AM   #12  
bep

Hi all! I just posted a "before & during" thread with pics in the goals area.
Old 08-07-2006, 11:27 AM   #13  
kitty Momo

Good Morning,

Love your avatar Bep - you are glowing!! You are a very pretty lady and you look so happy

Michelle!!!! yay.......good to have you back and posting!!!!!

Weigh In Day!! I didn't weigh.....feel fat - maybe next week.

Better get to work. I had a venti and bagel for breakfast - need to fill up my water bottle.
Old 08-07-2006, 11:33 AM   #14  
bep

LOL SuzyQ...I am not weighing in either! Ate crap (mostly salty) yesterday and can just feel the fluids sitting around on me. I have a TON of outdoor work I am going to be doing this week so I should sweat it out fairly easily. I have a big BBQ here this weekend and have a lot of weeding, bush trimming, flower planting, etc to be done. I have been spending more time on my veggie gardening than my landscaping so I have some catch-up to do.
Old 08-07-2006, 12:02 PM   #15  

Morning!

Had a nice time at the beach with family, even though it was very cold (and ate like it was thanksgiving). On the way back stopped to visit a friend and went hiking in Silver Falls. Now I have to run to the dentist...again. Check back this afternoon!
Scuzin is offline   Reply With Quote