South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 08-07-2006, 06:05 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Managing Monday Chat - Aug. 7

Good morning, Beach Babes! is served on the deck this morning.

The weekend was hectic, fun, hard work and full of food and drink temptations but I held the line. Today is still a stat holiday but I don't have any vistors scheduled - so far! I've just made a list of what needs to be done before I take my road trip next week. Losing 10 pounds is no longer on the list.

This morning I will finally get some more mulch on that front flower bed and maybe bung in the last few plants that have been languishing beside the barn. I'll also pot a few splits for the Church sale which will happen when I'm away. That should fill the morning. This afternoon I'll visit Harry and later Hershey and I will do her TheraPaws visit to Maple View Lodge.

What's happening on your stretch of the Beach?
Old 08-07-2006, 07:02 AM   #2  
gotta lose it!

Morning all! The weekend was somewhat fun.....DF & I spent a lot of time together. I threw a bbq on Sunday for his b-day coming up on Weds with his family. He seemed to enjoy himself. My sister & I are fighting....she's a mess. Her stupid finance (who she's been with for 3+years) didn't get a divorce on time, so her wedding may not go through & basically she taking it out on me.
My dad turned his phone off, claims he doesn't need it because he has a cell. HIS CELL DOESN'T WORK WHERE HE LIVES....too many trees, hills, etc. So if he has a medical emergency like my mom did, he will not be able to get help. Also, he lives less than a mile up the road from my 80 yr grandma, so if she were to fall or something & need help, she will not be able to get a hold of him. I begged him to turn it back on & I offered to pay for it, but he doesn't want it on. I tempted to go behind his back & turn it back on anyway.....he's so stubborn. So my weight keeps creeping because of all this stress- ugh!
I gotta go to work, see you gals later.....Have a good day - I'm going to try to!
Old 08-07-2006, 07:05 AM   #3  

Morning Ruth!

Work for me today- still no kids at school, they arrive on Wednesday. I need to finish organizing my little classroom and then plan to help out the fifth grade teachers with all of their odds and ends.

All meals are planned for the day, so that is a good thing! Only temptation is a baby shower at school today. I can typically pass up the cake.....

Have a super day!!
Old 08-07-2006, 07:07 AM   #4  

We posted a the same time Soon. Things sound stressful in your world. Here is a big

Sorry that your sister is taking this all out on you! One would think she would take it out on her fiance!!
Old 08-07-2006, 08:05 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 160/147/130

Height: 5'4"

morning guys -

Soon - my mom did the same thing with her phone. She finally got bored and annoyed at not being able to make calls when she wanted and turned it back on. I hope you're dad does the same thing! As for your sister - i guess she's taking it out on the safe option...you can't leave her. I'm sorry for you though, it has to be very hard on you!!

Ruth - have a lovely day!! We're thinking of training our lab for to be a therapy dog. She's already wonderful if I see friends/clients at home. Some want her arround during the massage and she lays right under the face cradle so they can pet her while they get their massage. My other dog tries to dive bomb your face with kisses - he's not really cut out of a therapy dog....adventure dog maybe???.....

Kiko - enjoy the peace and quiet before the kids arrive and good luck at the shower....i ate enough cake for us all this weekend...so you're covered in the cake department. I'm sure I'll gain the weight for it too

Today starts a whole new week. Slow day at work but I finally got to sleep in this a.m. My raw foodie friends came over last night and we had salad, more salad and salsas, guacamole, and rice chips. They brought white wine and a cucumber. It was one of the neatest dinners I've ever hosted But the wine - which I couldn't turn down....made me relax and sleep like a baby!! It was nice. Now it's time to get serious again. Only 2 months til I'm meeting my father. Want to look and feel my best for THAT. Got to get serious!!

Talk to you all soon!! Have a wonderful day!
Old 08-07-2006, 08:25 AM   #6  

Where's the cawfee???? pass the milk and splenda please....

Ruth: Have a wonderful day !

Soon: I just want to you ...I hope yer dad comes to his senses and gets that phone turned on... I just can't believe all the planning that went into DS wedding..how sad.. I'm glad you and DF had some time together... you're always on the goooooo!

Kiko: Have fun at school

grasshopper: Brand new week is right! Here's fer all us gals!!!

Land hunt continues... something will come our way.. it's just that each splotch of trees and shrubbery are alllll looking the same to me
Yesterday I had a major puter malfunction.. so we spent a few hours getting rid of spyware, cleaning caches, running virus scans... I always run virus scans but had forgotten about spyware..sheesh! ..Today more Project Management course work ... Chicken on the menu tonight!
Old 08-07-2006, 08:28 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good Morning!
It's back to work for me today, but I don't have to be there until around 10. I missed my two little ones, but I did need the time off. I work this week, then I'm off again next week, when we'll be going to the Finger Lakes in NY for the week. I'm really looking forward to that trip. So this week will be spent making lists of things we'll need to take with us, and starting to pack the car up.

Ruth ~ Bravo to you for not being tempted by all that food this weekend! Yeah, I wanted to lose about 10 lbs before I meet up with Beachgal next week, but it's not going to happen, either.

Soon ~ Shame on your sister for taking it out on you, she's needs to do some growing up. I hope you get things straightened out with your Dad, too.

Kiko ~ Sounds like you have your day in order. Doesn't it feel good to have your meals all planned out ahead of time, it really makes it easier to stay OP that way. Enjoy the baby shower, but NOT the cake!
Old 08-07-2006, 08:37 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Uh oh, looks like several of us were posting at the same time!

grasshopper ~ Your dinner last night sounded lovely! I love to sit and chat with good company over dinner. What kind of wine did you have?

Schatzi ~ You'll know you've found the perfect plot of land as soon as you see it. It'll happen one day soon, I'm sure, and in the meantime have fun looking!
Old 08-07-2006, 08:44 AM   #9  
Recovering Sugarholic

Height: 5'3"

Morning all! Well, seems that TOM actually does affect your weight. Last week I spazzed when I got on the scale and it said 187--thought I had gained a ton this summer. Well, last week I was watching it but not closely, did have cake at a baby shower (It was totally worth it, some of the best cake I've ever had), and yesterday morning I was 182??? And then I thought hmmmm, last week it was that TOM! So much happier with this starting point, would feel silly saying I've lost 5 lbs though cause I don't think I really did anything to lose them.

Weekend was good, we spent a lot of time unpacking boxes. I watched the movies "A Chorus Line" last night, that was kind of fun. But I just realized I forgot to watch Big Brother! Oops! LOL. That's the only show I've been watching regularly. The baby shower on Sat morning was really lovely, I enjoyed it so much!

Doggie and I went to the dog park yesterday afternoon--we have hardly gone at all this summer because it's so blooming hot! We both panted all the way home but it was good for him to be out for awhile. He likes being petted by the people more than playing with the dogs though!

Well, I actually spent time this morning packing food, for which I am proud! We are having Asian-marianted chicken tonight, yum!

Have a great OP day.

Jessie
Old 08-07-2006, 08:45 AM   #10  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

Looks like a nice day to get out and do some walking. Not too humid ,have to take advantage while the weather lasts.

Experimented yesterday by taking a pc of leftover of Leos CHOCOLATE birthday cake. I just didn't like it,and we still have a big pc left and I'm not interested anymore. They say that the Atkins diet makes the body crave less,even if the SB is somewhat simular in Phase 1,where I craved salty snacks more so than sweet. But with this diet I don't crave neither anymore.

Lost 4 lbs at this Morning W-I changed my ticker,and I hit my Aug Weight Loss Goal.See if I can loss a little more.

Ruth-You sure a busy gal,hope you take it easy when your go away on vacation.

Soon-Maybe your Grandmother could ge one of thouse life alert buttons to wear around her neck or a braceless type and if there an emergency the albulance would be there in not time.Its expensive but it worth it. You dad is probably angry at the prices he has to pay every month. I could believe when I read mind all the hidden taxes on those bills. My DD can't use her cell as there no cell towers in her area. We use our onlyfor emergencies. Good Luck :luck: turning on this phone.

Schatzi-Too Hot of cawfee,maybe if it iced. Good luck:luck: with your land venture.

Hugs BB
Old 08-07-2006, 11:02 AM   #11  
determined chick

S/C/G: 213/191/125

Height: 5'

Good morning everyone!

Well today is a stat holiday for me (New Brunswick Day), so I took advantage of sleeping in until 10am. That felt really nice. There's not much going on today. Will be doing some house work and then we may go downtown to the free concert. There are quite a few activities going on downtown, so we may go take a walk. I had a chocolate shake this morning (SBD friendly) and it was so filling. I thought I would be able to eat my breakfast afterward, but just got an egg and a strip of turkey bacon down and I was done. Will have to make up my veggie intake later on.

Ruth - Congrats on staying on plan this weekend while faced with all the temptation. I know how hard that can be.

soon2Bfab - I hope things get better for you stresswise. This is a brand new week, so it's a chance to show your stress who's boss and not let it control you. Remember, you're in control of what you put in your mouth. No one and nothing else!

Kiko - Good luck with your day of preparation. You must be anxious to have the kids back in your classroom.

grasshopper - Sounds like a great dinner party. Glad you had a good night's sleep. It's a new day. A lot can happen in 2 months. You know we're all here to support you. You can do it!

Schatzi - Gotta be careful with that spyware. They can certainly do damage. I find that stuff where least expected. Chicken...reminds me I need to get some. I did groceries for my week and forgot chicken. I do have every fish/shellfish imaginable in my freezer though. lol.

cottagebythesea - Another week off. You're so lucky. I think I need a month off to get rid of the stress from work. Your little vacation sounds nice. When I meet my weight loss goal, my reward will be a trip to NYC. I have never been there, but it's a dream of mine to visit. I'd love to live there, but soooo expensive.

Jessie - You missed Big Brother??! It was a good one. The power in the house is shifting. I can't wait until Tuesday!

beach bum - Congrats on the weight loss! Don't you love your scale when it gives you good news? lol.

Well, I hope everyone has a wonderful Monday. Remember, it's a new week. Time to recommit if last week was not that kind to you. One day at a time ladies! Yeah, I need to follow my own advice. hehe.

Talk to you later!
Old 08-07-2006, 11:14 AM   #12  
RNMOM

Default Hiya

Good morning all, it's a beautiful day today and I can't decide which thing I want to do. Need to clean house especially the fridge in the worst way, but I'm not really in the mood.

Didn't do so hot in the food department over the weekend, all the family here for a farewell dinner for the soldier who leaves Wednesday AM. I wasn't really hungry but the stress......... just makes me eat. Glad the house is quiet and I can mentally regroup.

inspired, how 'bout that shake recipe???

beachbum, congrats on the weight loss! You rock!

jessie, I have a visual of you spazzing out on the scale...

cottage, have fun at the lake, sounds divine

schatzi, I say buy the piece of land that has the most trees and the fewest neighbors

grasshopper, you need to post some of your raw foodie recipes....sounds so interesting, do they ever eat cooked food or food that had a mother?

kiko, I can't believe it's time for school to start! Where did the summer go?

soon, sounds like you need a hug hopefully the family thing will resolve

ruth, it sounds like you need the dogs to visit the site and do some therapaws for us!

All have a good day!!!!
Old 08-07-2006, 12:41 PM   #13  
determined chick

S/C/G: 213/191/125

Height: 5'

Quote:
Originally Posted by RNMOM
inspired, how 'bout that shake recipe???
It's just something I threw together.
2 tsp of instant coffee
2 tsp of baking cocoa
splenda (to your liking)
sf soy milk
a tiny bit of ff half and half

I have a shake cup to mix it together, but would be easier in a blender.

It's a good pick me up!
Old 08-07-2006, 05:31 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 160/147/130

Height: 5'4"

hi guys. Another day at the office. We had BAD thunder storms today. I had to cancel a hot stone massage because I didn't feel good about putting my hands in WATER during that kind of storm!! She was nice but my next client was the nastiest person I've ever met. How exactly can some be so high strung or stressed (the excuses she gave) that they are nasty at a SPA??? And nothing even went WRONG she was just crappy! It's the very first client I've EVER had that I couldn't find SOME way to at least wish her well. She was horrible!! I'm so glad she was my last client. She even got mad because I couldn't give her an extra 30 minutes for the same price (she got there late) so she tried to make me stay late by not getting ready for her next service when I was finished. So I just told the estee that she was in my room to wait for her there and I went home. The estee called and said the woman blew a gasket when she realized she hadn't effected my leaving at all. She was just mean. I hope there is some reason that she was just having a horrible day - I'd hate to think she's like that all the time...that kind of bad mood can eat away at a person's soul.

Anyway, enough venting...I have a wonderful job - I have no excuse for venting!

RNMOM - no recipes...it was my first hosting for them. They will eat cooked veggies and beans in winter but stick to fresh organic things in summer. They use no animal products at all. (if it can be avoided) so no dairy, butter, flesh or eggs. We just had various salads and fruit for dessert. We did have rice chips. Poor DF lived on those for the evening I'll have them over again though. It was nice!

Beachbum - glad the cravings are under control! So nice to not be haunted by foods!

Jessie - I miss the dog park. my aussie use to love to go - the lab doesn't handle it well. Too much happening at once for her. Glad you guys got to go though!!

Cottagebythesea - we had Tiamo Pinot Grigio. I really enjoyed it. It's a softer, sweeter white. I usually like very dry whites but have been looking for something sweeter for the wedding (variety). This is probably it if I can find pricing on the internet for it.....so far nothing.

schatzi - when we found our land I had the hardest time picturing what it would look like with a house. It doesn't look at all as I "saw" it but it's still great! It has hills. DF hates them and I love them -they're my favorite part. His least - he has to mow. Good luck!!

okay - time to close my book here. Have a good evening all!
Old 08-07-2006, 05:58 PM   #15  
RNMOM

Default grasshopper

Wow, I can't believe someone that goes to a spa could possibly be raunchy. I treat myself to a spa about once every six weeks and I can't believe how totally wonderful it is! I usually treat myself after I've completed SB phase one and want to feel pampered. A facial is my favorite thing to do.....uhhmmm just thinking about it relaxes me. How can anyone be rude at those places? Sorry for your bad day with her.....
Closed Thread