Old 08-05-2006, 09:56 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 201/198.6/140

Height: 5'4"

Smile Lurker no longer

Well I have lurked for the last two weeks but thought I'd finally introduce myself!! I'm Liz, I'm 28 and I've been overweight since...well...forever! As long as I can remember anyhow. This is not the highest weight I've been, I got up to 270 a while back. I went to WW and got down to 255, which is where I stayed for a while until 2 weeks ago when I decided to change the management around here! So far so good...my DH is doing this with me which makes it easier...he's not doing it quite as hard core as me (he only has 30 lbs to lose) so he will definitely be a trigger for me when he's feeling like chowing down on some pizza!

The thing that finally made me wake up is that DH and I really want to have a baby, but so far no go. My doc has been very candid with me that it is due to my extra weight that my cycles are not regular! Finally, a wake up call! Yes, this weight IS affecting something! I guess nothing has ever motivated me enough before....I started dating my DH at 19 and we've been together ever since....I've always been reasonably happy, fairly healthy and active so it never bothered me. Now I have a very good reason (of course, there's tons of good reasons, but none that ever "hit home" before, if you kwim).

Anyhow you guys seem like a great bunch of people, and I can't wait to get to know you better!
sept15lija is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2006, 11:17 PM   #2  
~~Maintainer!~~

S/C/G: 346/186/186

Height: 5' 9"

Welcome! Glad you're joining us. It sounds like you have great motivation to start losing.
jtammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2006, 10:56 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 278/229/119

Height: 5ft

Hi Liz -
You have inspired me to stop lurking and introduce myself too!
My name is Mary and I'm 27 and like you have been overweight for as long as I can remember. At the moment, I am the heaviest I have ever been - 275lbs. I have had some success losing weight before, but after a month or so I always end up going downhill. If I have one bad day, I end up thinking that I've ruined all my good work and might as well eat 2 packets of Mars Bars!!

I am hoping that talking to people on this site will help me stay motivated this time - or I might have to get my jaws wired! - they all seem so nice and I'm looking forward to talking more with everyone.
mary27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2006, 12:38 PM   #4  
You can do it!!!!

S/C/G: 294/260/200

Height: 5'3

Welcome Liz and Mary! I am glad you all came out!!!! hehehhehe.

Anyhoo...trying to have a baby is a huge motivator Liz. I know when I was trying, I lost about thirty pounds and them BAM I got pregnant. Have you always had irregular periods? Just having irregular periods alone with out even factoring weight can be tricky getting preggo. It is almost impossible to know when you are ovulating. But, I am sure you know all of this. It makes it easier when hubby is in it with you...but I always get bummed when my hubby looses so much faster than me. HA!

Well...you guys found a great place to get support. Welcome!
Monkeybabies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2006, 12:44 PM   #5  
Caroline

Height: 5'0"

Welcome to both of you! Everyone here is great and super supportive, it's wonderful. I'll look forward to seeing you around : )
thistoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2006, 03:19 PM   #6  

Thanks everyone!

Mary - Same here! When I eat something I shouldn't it's always like, oh well, maybe I'll start again next Monday! LOL I'm really focusing on taking this thing one day at a time.

Gina - Thanks for the hope - that's exactly what I am hoping will happen (lose 30-40 lbs and get pregnant!) I'm sure it would be better for me to work my way to goal and then TTC, but I just can't wait. We've already been trying for over a year! My periods have always been irregular, so yeah pinpointing that egg is quite difficult! LOL
Old 08-06-2006, 03:31 PM   #7  
loving my beautiful self

Height: 5'5"

Welcome Liz and Mary! Hope to see you around
beautifulone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2006, 03:50 PM   #8  
Staying Positive!

S/C/G: 398/258/199

Height: 5'3"

Welcom Liz and Mary! You both will enjoy the great support that this group offers! I am 29 and I have been on my journey for almost a year now and when I hit a stall in weight loss I found this wonderful group of people. Extra motivation and support has really helped me. Anyway welcom ladies.

Kenya
rkrs6673 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2006, 06:59 PM   #9  

Well Liz and Mary I have never introduced myself here just post. You ladies are the same as me weight wise. The thing that motivated me this time is becoming a new grandma and I want to be able to play with the baby on the floor and want to live long enough to watch her grow and become a mom'!
Heres to all of us. I know I sure love reading these posts and have gained so much info here so thanks to all of you and hope you don't mind that I just jump in!
luflic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2006, 07:08 PM   #10  
You can do it!

S/C/G: 314.4/302/150

Height: 5' 7"

Hi ladies!

Liz you and I sound very similar! I am on the WW plan too, and I'm doing this so DH & I can get preggers too. Feel free to message me if you ever need to talk!
Kat311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2006, 09:48 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 293/ticker/135

Height: 5'3"

to Liz and Mary!!! I look forward to getting to know you.
trishn222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2006, 11:16 PM   #12  
Bye Bye Pounds

S/C/G: 270/270/240

Hey everyone. I decided to stop lurking too! I put up my profile on the profile thread, but basically I am trying to prevent getting diabetes (it runs in my family). I really do well with support so I can't wait to read all the threads!
cheapie86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 12:01 AM   #13  

Height: 5'8.5"

Welcome Liz, Mary and Cheapie!! So glad you decided to come out of lurksville!
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 12:38 AM   #14  

Height: 5'5"

Hi Liz! I completely understand the fertility issues making it "hit home" because I am trying to lose for the same reason. I went through months of injections that didn't work, and my doctor thinks losing weight may help the fertility drugs work better. Did you ever try those or did your doctor just make the weight loss recommendation based on your irregular cycles? Good luck to you!

Welcome to Mary, also!
peaceful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 03:35 PM   #15  

Thanks everyone!

luflic - Congrats on becoming a grandma!! I love reading the posts too I have skimmed almost all the way back! There's so much awesome information.

cheapie86 - Heart disease runs in my family. And my mom has high blood pressure..and my dad has all sorts of problems. Hopefully by getting healthy now we can avoid some of these problems down the road.

Kim - Good luck with TTC! Are you TTC'ing now, or waiting until you lose some weight first?

txmel - Yeah we tried on our own for quite a while, and when nothing was happening I went to the doctor who basically told me to lose weight. I lost twenty pounds, and he put me on clomid. I did two months of clomid, and I had a very good ovulation on it both months, but no pregnancy! DH has been checked so we know he's not a problem. I still have my prescription for clomid, but I'm going to hold off a bit, thinking that losing weight can only help the drugs work even better.