South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 08-05-2006, 06:20 AM   #1  
determined chick

S/C/G: 213/191/125

Height: 5'

Red face Sandy Beach Weekend Chat

Good morning everyone? Did you all sleep well. I'm up this early on a Saturday because my boyfriend works at 7am so he gets up at 6am, and of course that wakes me up. I haven't been able to fall back asleep.

I think I will take advantage of this early Saturday by going to a few garage sales. Gotta love those. There's usually 3 or 4 just around the neighborhood. That's how I got my George Forman and my Juicer. I think I will be on the lookout for a food processer today.

We went out to a restaurant last night, because we usually eat out on the weekends. I did very very well! I picked the place because I knew they had a low carb menu. I had the chicken breast, side tossed salad and steamed brocoli with melted cheddar. It was some yummy. Jeff got the fish and chip wish smelled soooo good, but I did not ask for even a nibble! I'm very proud of myself. Especially since I successfully finished my first week on Phase 1!

So, what does everyone have planned for today?

Last edited by inspired75; 08-05-2006 at 12:25 PM.
Old 08-05-2006, 06:44 AM   #2  

Happy Weekend!!!

on Strong Will Power Inspired!

We're off early this morn to continue on the Land Hunt... The one property that we really liked was only approved for spray irrigation septic system so it's out...
The other is under contract... Boo Hiss!
Will check back later!
Old 08-05-2006, 07:26 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 160/147/130

Height: 5'4"

oh Schatzi -tough break!! You'll find land you like, keep searching!!

Inspired - nicely done eating out. Would you believe that my fiance took us to a mexican resturant!! I WAS in phase two but it was still very hard!!! He cheated all over the place but I stayed strong Now he knows he can't go there without cheating so we go other places.

Me - working today. Ug. I dreamed last night that they added all this stuff to our walls....tacky, LOTS of stuff. Then changed our computer programs so no one knew their schedule or clients anymore...and hired all these new therapists that KNEW what was going on and we, the old ones, didn't. I was running arond my dream on the edge of a panic attack saying "I don't handle change well. Why did they change everything at once?" I was actually HAPPY to wake up and find out it was a Saturday and nothing had changed

Tonight we have a healthy cookout, tomorrow I'm feeding two raw foodies and my dogs have a play date with their dog. We'll see how that goes. He's a tiny fella and mine are......well....my lab hunts tiny wild things. My Aussie likes his seasoned and med. rare - straight off the grill, he'll be fine

I'm not sure if I've lost weight or not. I think I might have. I'm waiting to see if it sticks this way for a couple of days. You know how water can yoyo you around sometimes. But I may have lost a pound. We'll see

Have a great weekend chickie!!
Old 08-05-2006, 07:59 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Quickie! Yesterday was really hectic but I got everything done and even went to a BBQ at the Pypers' cottage for supper. I must admit I did have one cob of corn though.

I'm off to set up for the pie sale for 8:30. It's over iun the park and I've got my cleaning stuff with me to be sure there is no bird decoration on the picnic tables we will use. I have tablecloths too. I have also decided I am no longer baking pies for organizations that think $6 is the right price for a homemade pie! Mine cost more than that to make if I use store-bought fruit!

Some of the Meadowpalooza folks will be here at ten to borrow some big bowls and I also need to unlock the Fair Hall so we can store stuff in the fridges over there. The meadow looks like a refugee camp right now with all the tents. I am planning to make fruit on skewers later today to help our with the food for this army!

Later today I go to my sister's place for dinner. She invited me before Meadowpalooza and I forgot! I'll be taking in two dinner parties but eating at only one. Wish me strength!

Yes, I'm really busy but I am having fun!
Old 08-05-2006, 09:11 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 238.4/231.6/215/199/140

Thumbs up Confessions on the Friday night's beach...

Good Morning Chicks!

Oh, it was a good day yesterday! I anxiously awaited one of my best friends and her family to come to our home on the first day of thier vacation.

So, I cleaned and planned and shopped! They were to arrive at 4 pm(ish) - and I was in the grocery store, finishing up at about 3:30. Drove home and told DH that I needed to just jump in the shower. Then of course, as I was drying off, I heard Annie (my beagle baby) barking and I knew my friends had arrived -- NOT FASHIONABLY LATE! LOL!!

So, my confession - Breakfast: 1 c skim, 1/2 c eggbeaters, 2 Tbs. natural peanutbutter, and some splenda

Lunch: Too busy

Dinner and Appetizers and Dessert: Uh Oh

Sushi appetizer, I ate 2 pieces

Ceveche appetizer, which is basically raw fish "cooked" via lime juice with onion, garlic, and red pepper slices.

I brought out blue corn chips (and didn't touch them) and made fresh guacamole. I succumbed to the temptation later, but overall, I didn't eat too much of that, just a few or several. I didn't count.

Then I made everyone margaritas, but I actually had 2 cosmos Yum-O
I did nurse them for a long time, but still...

It starts to get tougher from here on out

So, we moved out onto our deck, since the weather was nicer and cracked open a bottle of Merlot and started the grill.

Dinner was 1/2 of a steak, part of a baked sweet potato, plain and a veggie salad with my homemade Balsamic and EVOO dressing

Bread was on the table, and I bought some REALLY nice bread, but didn't touch it. (welllllll, until I was cleaning up - but I took the SMALLEST end piece with some goat cheese spread) That was really unneccessary!

My girlfriend and I polished off the wine by ourselves throughout dinner and in a while, I served dessert. I presented them a feast, and it was a lot of fun.

Ok, so here I go made mint tea, no sugar, LOL, 2 kinds of cookies, lemon and Italian Amaretti, followed up with 4 pints of different ice cream...ready? ROFL
1. Hagen Daz full fat : Rum Raisin (almost better than an orgasm)

2. Stoneyfield Farm Frozen Yogurt: Cookies and Cream

3. Soy Delicious Purely Decadent non-dairy frozen dessert: Peanut Butter ZigZag. really yummy for soy, holy cow!

and drumroll, please,
pint # 4 was a Godiva, dark chocolate (to die and go to heaven, OMG! When "Harry Met Sally" scene, ice cream -- incredible!

So, NO I didn't eat all of them, but small amounts of 2 out of 4 and a bit of 1 of the other.

For a nightcap, I served a nip of something called Limoncello, which is basically Vodka and Lemon fused together and sweetened. DH said it tasted like Lemon Pledge, but he doesn't like liquors. I love Grand Marnier, although, I don't drink it, or I should say, I haven't had it in many years.

Our friends left around 10 and I went to bed soon after. What a night! It was conversation, food, and a newly made memory.

Back on the beach, BABY!!! "like a whale" haha, but It's All Good!

NO GUILT! It's a brand new day! Have a great weekend everyone!
Old 08-05-2006, 09:25 AM   #6  

Default I Will Be On Program Today!!!

Morning gals....

Sipping on my coffee waiting for it to kick in!!

Inspired Way to stay on program girl!! Especially when faced with chips and salsa.

Schatzers Good luck today- the right one will come along!!

Grasshopper Hope that your day at work is a good one.

Scully Sounds like a fun evening- way to get back on the beach today.

Me- Errands this morning and then home to do laundry and clean this afternoon while the baby naps. We are swimming and having dinner at my mom's this evening. Should be a good day. My ONE GOAL for the day is to totally stay on program and not slip up AT ALL!!!!! One day at a time is how I am going to approach this until I get myself back under control. I like Barb's idea of the one planned item after dinner and then that is it!! I am too close to goal to start screwing things up!!

Have a super day ladies!
Old 08-05-2006, 09:31 AM   #7  

I was supposed to get woken up last night for work but they didn't get the patch so I got to sleep. Now I have no idea when they will page me. I hope it isn't in the middle of Powerflex. The music is so loud in there I usually can't hear my pager. I did an hour on the stationary bike yesterday even though that meant dinner was late. I just fixed the salads first and Brian could eat that while I fixed the rest of dinner. I'm getting selfish about my exercise. It is too important that I do it regularly again. And my weight is definitely going down again. I suspect it will slow now that TOM is over but I've actually lost the 5 I gained in July. I'm sure some is water but I'm glad that eating out for lunch yesterday didn't hurt me. I stuck to vegetarian black bean soup and water. Yum!

Scully - Wow. Some of that sounds so good I don't even want to think about it. Today is a new day so just move forward.

ruth - I'm so glad you are having fun but you sure are busy. I agree about the pies. They should be charging at least $10 for homemade fruit pies.

little - Sounds like a good weekend planned. I'm not changing my ticker until my official weigh in on Wednesday. I usually go up a couple on the weekend so I'll see what happens.

schatzi - Good luck! I know the perfect place is out there and I hope you'll find it soon.

inspired - Sounds like you did well at the restaurant. I'm sure the cheese wasn't lowfat but sometimes I eat it anyway (there was a little cheese on my soup yesterday and I didn't let it worry me).

As far as plans, I need to finish breakfast and start sewing patches on uniforms until it's time to go to Powerflex. Then we'll go volunteer at the animal shelter for a few hours. I'd like to at least get my meals planned today if possible so I can get to the grocery store fast tomorrow.
Old 08-05-2006, 09:52 AM   #8  
beachbum

Good Saturday Morning Ladies

Its finally getting cooler out this morn than we had in some time.But I afraid the beach is out as we won't be able to park down there with 2 miles back up of tourist coming to the Cape. We live too far away from the beach to walk there.Have to wait until the weekend crowd goes home.Going to stroll down the busy thorofare that heads in the village.

Went on the scale and I lost another pound,that makes 4lbs.but won't count it until Monday Official W-I.

Schatzi-Crossing my fingers you find something.

Inspire-you did great keep away from temptations. big congrats

Little Grasshopper-Its funny how dreams sometimes seem so real,happy that your woke up to reality.

Ruth-Sending some will power your way,Be careful at that pie sale. I used to bake for our church for our Summer Fair and others used to buy stuff and I got mad after a while as the sale was for home made items.

Scully-Oh!! You poor thing!! All that hard work and they didn't appreciate by not touching the food. Next time just serve veggies & dip,at least you'll be OP[on program]

Kiko-Have a great time at your mom's house.

Have a nice weekend,Hugs BB
Old 08-05-2006, 01:50 PM   #9  
Here we go again!

S/C/G: 319/319/150

Height: 5' 5"

Thumbs up Saturday on the beach

Hello, everyone! I'm wrapping up my first week on the beach and have been loving it. I plan to get some housework done today. My challenge is coming up tomorrow. My family is getting together on Sunday evening and it always revolves around food. I have been asked to make a potato casserole that is a specialty of mine 'cause everyone loves it. I said ok, but the idea is revolting to me. I can't believe I used to think nothing of eating it! It's loaded with fats and everything that makes your arteries clog LOL. I know they are grilling meat, and I hope someone brings a salad. I'm thinking about steaming some veggies and bringing them too just in case. I hope they won't be having chocolate! I just have to stay strong. Eating that stuff just isn't an option for me anymore. Anyway, I'm getting my house in order today, and bumming around the house and *maybe* I can go to a movie tonight! Now that would be fun!
Old 08-06-2006, 07:25 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 160/147/130

good morning ladies! It's bright and early on a Sunday morning and I've agreed to go with a gf to get her hair done. ug. Oh well, friend bonding time

Last night we went to this "healthy" cookout. I ate a bit before we went but by the time df was finished getting ready, running errands and just plain lally gagging around, I was starving!! It was over an hour to get there and when we got there it was late and everyone had eaten - so no one was watching the food. There were bugs, flies and bees on everything!!! I even tried to scare them away - but they're scaryer than me - I gave in. The dessert table was the only thing being guarded...of course. So I had dessert for dinner. I don't mean a healthy one either. I ate the most crap in one meal that I've eaten in two months. I felt AWFUL!!! And was mad as crap because I didn't WANT to eat it..but I was an hour from ANYTHING and starving and no one was leaving anytime soon. By the time we left - I was going to get a grilled chicken sandwhich or something - it was so late, I was worried I'd feel bad this morning so I just went to bed hungry. Bad day - bad day!!

Also, I wore a new shirt to the party. Was feeling all cute and thin. DF even complimented me on how I looked. I figured I MUST be hot - right???? Well, got there and near the end of the night - went to their bathroom and wow, I didn't look like I thought I looked at all. It was just a hard night all around. Must do better today.

Hope you have a good day!!
Old 08-06-2006, 07:28 AM   #11  

Morning Gals!
Old 08-06-2006, 08:06 AM   #12  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Just call me party animal! I did the dinner partry at my sister's place - great laughs! Came home and joined the bonfire in the Meadow. I came home at 12 and my neighbours on the other side came over and invited me to their garage raising party which had been going on since 6 AM when the guys started to build. Of course I joined them for a while.

I was just up the hill to Liz's place with the 10 lbs of sausages and a huge fruit salad for their breakfast. I'm off to Church (with watermelon slices), Cathy will be coming in here for lunch, I have an auction to go to at one and THEN I am having a nap!

By the way, I have eaten very mindfully - lots of veggies and bead dip plus only grilled meat! I must get on the scale sometime!

Catch y'all later. I need to tiddle up for Church.
Old 08-06-2006, 08:21 AM   #13  

Ruth You certainly are a party animal! Those spontaneous things are always so fun.

Schatzi Going to get coffee??

Grass Don't beat yourself up, hop right back on the beach today. You can do it!

Barb You sound so positive! I am sure it feels great to be getting exercise and eating back under control.

I managed to stay OP yesterday- yippee! We made one of the recipes from the Phase 2 entree thread. They are chicken tenders with a blue cheese buttermilk dip. Laurie posted them awhile back. If you all haven't made these, you must. They were DELISH!!!!!

Today consists of church and then cleaning. We wound up being gone all day yesterday, so nothing was accomplished around here. We did grocery shop, so I am ready to go for the week.

Happy day to all!
Old 08-06-2006, 10:45 AM   #14  

Good morning, everyone! Powerflex was good yesterday. We had a different instructor and I'm not as sore as usual. I still think I got a good workout. Yesterday went as planned with the shelter. I've gotten all the patches on my uniform but my leader knot and I can do that today. Then it's time to start on Brian's uniform. I even managed a trip to the library. It's almost time to head to church and then I'll be grocery shopping this afternoon. There just might be time to head to the city pool. That would be nice.

beach bum - I really miss the beach. We used to head there quite often when I was growing up in Florida. Texas is so big, I'm a long way from the beaches (lakes just aren't the same).

TXTilly - If I were you I would bring a salad or some steamed veggies just to make sure you have something to eat. Can you convert your potato salad recipe to make it more healthy? Use new potatoes, lower the fats?

little grasshopper - I've been there and done that. Just move forward and remember how bad it felt.

Ruth - good job on the eating!

Schatzi - Hi!

Kiko - It feels good staying OP, doesn't it. I need to plan a new recipe for this week. We really like the one I fixed last week. At least, I didn't get to eat the leftovers for lunch since DH ate them so I think that one is coming back. I like the sound of the chicken tenders but DH doesn't care for chicken so I think I'll try something else. There are many I haven't tried and I need some quick ones since TH is Roundtable and Friday is the School Supply sale (and we're hoping to set up a Scout table if the PTA allows us)
Old 08-06-2006, 01:06 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Hey, everyone,
I'm finally getting a chance to sit down in front of the computer for a moment! We went yard-saleing yesterday and I picked up some curtain valances and sheers for a song, so I've been busy washing them up with Oxy-Clean and doing a bit of sewing to remake them to fit my windows. I'm pretty proud of what I did, if I must say so! Jake's sister stopped in for a (long!) while just as we were sitting down to supper, and proceded to unload all her lastest troubles. I thought she'd never leave! She's a bit of the Black Sheep of his family, but she's brought all this upon herself, so it's hard to feel sorry for her. Everyone has tried to help her in the past, but she just doesn't get it.
Today Jake mowed the lawn while I cleaned the house, and now Jake and DS are power-washing our cars. Amber is at a friend's birthday party right now, and afterwards she and my DIL are coming over for some swimming and a cookout. We're just having BBQ chicken, potatoes in foil (for them), corn-on-the-cob, and grilled zucchini, with brownies and ice cream for dessert - just SF FF ice cream for me! I'm starting to get some things packed for my vacation to the Finger Lakes next week, too. Can't wait for that!!
Closed Thread