Closed Thread

Old 08-03-2006, 09:45 PM   #1  
GmaTo8

Smile Weight Loss and Chit Chat #206

Hello and to the Jaded Ladies site,

We are a group of ladies that come here for support and encouragement on our weight loss struggles, and we also find time for some chitchatting!. So please, won't you join us ?
Old 08-03-2006, 11:21 PM   #2  
a work in progress

Hi ladies --

Just a quick one tonight. It's almost 8:30 and we haven't had dinner -- we had huge Cobb salads for lunch with dressing on the side.

My arm and hand are really sore tonight, and I'm having to back up to correct a lot of typos. I see the surgeon tomorrow -- have no idea if she is going to send me back to work Monday, or start physical therapy, or order another EMG test, or what. I'm scared and anxious. I started a chronic pain management class this week -- there are 6 sessions, and it's about dealing with and accepting chronic pain, meditation, stuff like that. I like the teacher -- I hope it helps.

OK, gotta try to figure something out for dinner. Please hold good thoughts for me for tomorrow.

See you soon...
Old 08-04-2006, 12:52 AM   #3  

Height: 5'1"

Hello everyone.....

Hmmmm....now I could have sworn I did a "quick fly by" this morning to say I would return tonight. Must have thought it out loud and didn't go through it!

MaryKate--I'm so sorry that your arm is bothering you so much. I hope the doctor has some kind of relief for you when you see them tomorrow. I will be thinking of you. Just make sure you pop in and let us know what happens ok?

Jane--Grandpa is still in the hospital. He's doing better. Not exactly sure when he'll be home though. We were going to do a family BBQ this sunday at his house, but we wanted to cancel due to what has happened...well he has been saying that if he's home, he still wants one. Crazy man!! He needs rest not a bunch of kids under three running around. We'll see what happens.

Cristi--Be careful in this heat. Sound like you may have had a little heat exhaustion. Were you working outdoor at all?? Glad it didn't get to intense and turn into a full blown migraine.

Joan--Wow,...what a wonderful thing you do at the food pantry. Being an Oregonian, I know all about rain! Don't worry....you won't drown in mist.

Hello and Welcome to any newbies out there! Please come and join us. And all you MIA's....come in to just say a quick "hello"

I'm suffering from TOM. And I feel bloated and icky so I'm going to grab a glass of water and plop on the couch for an hour before bed.
You all have a good night.
Old 08-04-2006, 10:03 AM   #4  
GmaTo8

TGIF!!

Joan - meant to tell you - I signed up for the Walk to Emmaus after all. (we talked about that elsewhere) Not sure which session they'll put me in, but it'll be sometime in the fall. I'm really looking forward to that, now that the decision has been made, lol. Wow, your involvement with CCSA is wonderful! You get a star on your crown in heaven for that, Joan. Hey, it finally rained here, too.

Mary Kate - good vibes : are coming your way today. I hope the doc has some good news for you. Don't worry about typos, ok? We'd rather you spare your arm and hand. I had no idea there were such programs as chronic pain management classes, and think that's a great idea! Glad you have a nice teacher. My SIL could use these for his chronic neck pain. The docs have said he'll have that all of his life.

Marti - yay, glad your grandpa is doing better. Aww, I hope they do have the BBQ if he's home. Nothing like kids and grandkids to make a person feel better. Honestly, when I'm feeling yucky or blue, a visit from any DGD cheers me right up. Aww, I hope you're feeling better -lots less bloated - today.

A big hello to anyone else reading this.

Today I'll have little Caylin for as long as she'll stay. It's her day to be "Grandma's Girl", but usually after about an hour, she wants her mama, lol. I need to do some spot removal on the living room carpet today. This beige carpet is a pain in the patooty. Not sure why I chose it! But at least there are good products now for that.

I made a very tasty and healthful broccoli casserole for dinner last night. When I get a chance, I'll post the recipe. Neal and Katie are such a good sports, being my guinnea pigs, tee hee.

Have a good day!
Old 08-04-2006, 10:36 AM   #5  

Good Morning Ladies!

Up earlier today....hubby got called bright and early so I got up w/him. (should sleep good tonight right!)

It's Friday and I'm happy. Work week is over and I get a break.

Jane--Do you have updates photos of your DGD? They're such beautiful girls. Some of my family members are worried about a BBQ happening. He does need rest, so I'm not sure what's going to happen. I know he wants family around. And if he's up to it, I think he should have family around.

Not much on the morning agenda. James bought a yoga/pilates book so I've been doing that. Nicer than tapes or DVD's, I can do it anywhere!

Ok...off I go.

Talk w/you all later!
Old 08-04-2006, 05:20 PM   #6  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Hello Ladies!

MARTI...it probably was the heat. Of course at the time, it really didn't feel so hot-when I started anyway. And the wind was blowing pretty good so...but towards the end I was feeling the heat. Glad your grandpa is feeling better. Is this a Jhanai weekend? Hope you are not feeling so bloated with TOM.

JANE...what is the walk to Emmaus? Hope you enjoyed your time with Caylin. Can't remember what was said on the other thread, sorry. Oh, about the carpet spots...when we had the carpets cleaned I bought some of their spot cleaner and it is GREAT! For the longest time I used Shout or Resolve and it always seemed to leave a spot. This stuff from Stanley Steemer is water based and gets the spots right up. It's a little more expensive than the stuff at the stores but I think well worth it.

MARYKATE...sorry your arm is bothering you still. I do hope you can get some kind of relief when you go to the doc. I too didn't know they had pain management classes. Keeping you in my thoughts

JOAN...I think that is great what you are doing. I am definitely going to have to get back into my volunteering...makes me feel good helping others plus keeps me busy. Just have to find out who needs help where.

We finally got rain too! Not near enough though, but anything was/is better than nothing.

Went to exercise this morning and came back and cleaned house and did laundry. It really does feel good to get that exercise in. Other than that not much going on. Oh, I talked with Josh last night finally. Was worried he wasn't going to call before they leave Sunday. I am so scared for him and all the guys over there. I have been a nervous wreck for about a month now and am afraid it is only going to get worse. Another reason I need to keep busy...need to keep my mind off him being in Iraq. He's headed to Kuwait first. Was supposed to be there for about a month now they changed it to two weeks. Anyway...just pray for our Troops ladies! Anyway, no special plans for the weekend. I have a ton of books I need to get read so may do a lot of reading this weekend since V will be working both Sat & Sunday. What's everyone else up to? Any special plans for the weekend?

Take care and hope everyone is having a nice Friday!
Old 08-04-2006, 08:35 PM   #7  
GmaTo8

I'm back.....

Marti - well, if there is a BBQ, hopefully your grandpa can rest while some of the others baby him a little. At his age, he certainly deserves it! You betcha I can post some new photos of the kids. I've got lots of them, lol. I'd lose my Grandma status w/o lots of photos, right? So, about the Pilates, do you mean that you follow the diagrams in the book?

Cristina - the Walk to Emmaus is a 3 day religious retreat that is supposedly very uplifting and renewing. People who come back from it say they can't describe it. But my buddies at church have been wanting my to go for a long time, so I finally got the paperwork done. About the carpet spots, I've been using Oxyclean for carpets, and so far, so good. I had dark green carpet in my other house, so this beige is about to drive me nuts, lol. Glad you finally talked to Josh. Can't believe he's leaving Sunday! He's already been in my prayers, (as have you) and I'll keep you both there, ok?

Well, it's still quiet in here. I know Robin is still on vacation, lucky dog, but where is Angie, Sue, Julie, Sassy, Kathy, Kim, Alex, and anyone else I forgot?? I hope you're all too busy having fun to check in here, lol.

Caylin ended up staying for quite awhile today after all, which surprised me. Mary took the twins and got some shopping done, and said it was so much easier with just 2, lol.

Neal and I washed windows, since the weather was so nice. I like having the kind that flip in to wash. We got the shady side of the house done, and will do the other side early in the AM before the sun gets back around there. Don't like streaks!

Gonna go play some 500 rummy with my fella soon. We're in a tie, so I better concentrate real hard, lol.
Old 08-04-2006, 08:39 PM   #8  
GmaTo8

Cristina - I like your new avatar, btw. Is that from Faith Hill's album cover? She had a song out with that title.
Old 08-04-2006, 10:20 PM   #9  
joan fay

S/C/G: 158/154/135

Default Friday Evening and all is well

Hello Everyone.
Well I hopped on the scale and I was down about a pound. I wasn't expecting it. But I'll take it. Been eating out a lot - birthdays and more birthdays. That's over with for a while.

Had the pleasure of going with my Sweetheart and a friend to deliver a check to a pastor who was volunteering at our church - sort of an interim. He is now retiring from our church and hoping to sell their home and buy into a retirement place. What a dear man and his wife was so special. They lived in Pakistan for many years as missionarys. So, that did my heart good.

Oh my goodness - Christine you changed you avatar. I loved your monkey with the glasses and red lips. It made me smile. But this one must to special to you - Good for you.

Jane - the walk to Emmaus sounds heavenly - I've never heard of it. I'm sure you will be blessed in doing this.

Marti -- I seemed to have missed out on the what is wrong with your grandfather. Do hope he recovers and he is able to enjoy a bbq with the family. Sometimes that can be a good thing.

Marykate - take care and don't overdue. Whatever the problem - the doc will surely be able to help you - may with some gentle therapy.
Sorry if I missed someone - I just getting acquainted.

Well gang - off to Palm Springs tomorrow. My sweetheart and I will leave very early and do what we need to do and then come back the same day.
Sunday will be church and I don't know what else.
Have a wonderful weekend everyone.
joan fay
Old 08-05-2006, 12:22 PM   #10  
GmaTo8

Hiya ladies,

MaryKate - what did the doc say? I've been thinking about you.

Joan - yay for the 1 pound down. Have fun this weekend with your sweetie in Palm Springs, and enjoy your visit with the pastor and his wife. They sound like very nice people.

Hello to everyone else.

We got the other windows done today, and I've made a pot of vegetable soup for tomorrow. I know it's not soup weather, but I've been craving it for awhile, and until now, it's been too hot outside. I guess I'll just have to blast the AC while we eat, lol.

Have a good weekend.
Old 08-05-2006, 02:30 PM   #11  

Just a quicky here.....

Cristi--Since Jhanai skipped me last weekend I'm taking her for the next two. So I do have her this weekend. She was reading over my shoulder reading about "TOM" and wanted to know what it meant. She then told me "Oh....I call it the 'Little red dot' "! Cute eh?

Jane--Yes about the pilates. You follow the diagrams for each pose. I've been doing the simple ones and have come to realize how much flexibility I have lost in the last couple years. So I'm trying to work myself back into doing this. Of coarse, James took the book to work since he's out of town........have to wait until he gets back.

Joan--My grandpa was working on one of his shed last week and had a dizzy spell and fell. He's doing much better and hopefully he'll be home today. Have fun in Palm Springs!

Well I need to get off here. Going to see my grandpa and then off to my sisters. Have a great rest of the day!!
Old 08-05-2006, 02:47 PM   #12  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Smile

Hiya ladies

JANE... for the much needed prayers. I think Iraq is going to be the death of me! Hey, you and Neal wanna come on over and do my windows? Puhleeeeease I don't like getting on a ladder so the outside windows have suffered a little. They actually aren't too bad though for not being washed since we have been here. When it rains it gets them pretty good so I don't worry about them. The retreat sounds very spiritual. I didn't know that Oxyclean for carpets...I'll have to check it out when I run out of this stuff. Know what ya mean about the beige carpet. We bought this house after everything was done so didn't have a say in the carpet color and other things. I sure would not have gone with the beige. And most people think it is the dog but it's not...it's the guys in this house that make the messes, ugh! LOL

JOAN FAY...I will put the monkey back up just for you! This one doesn't have special meaning...just liked it and felt like changing the avatar. I am still looking for the "right", "special" one for me, just haven't found it. Hope you and your sweetie have a GREAT weekend in Palm Springs! WTG on the pound!

JANE...I don't think that is the cover of Faith Hill's album...not sure though. I just found the avatar somewhere and liked it. I keep looking for the "right" one but can't seem to find what I am looking for.

MARTI...I'm hoping your grandpa is doing better and you guys can have the BBQ. I think having family around always makes one feel better. Just make sure he doesn't do anything and just relaxes though. EDITED: oh, that is cute-the little red dot! If only it were little though, lol. Hope you and Jhanai have fun!

MARYKATE...hope all went well at the doc's.

Hi to everyone else

I did hear from Josh again yesterday evening. He lost his phone and Thursday night when we were talking he told me there was a minute left on the calling card-did I hear the beep. I didn't...but I had already said take care, and I love you and then we started talking again, lol. The phone went dead, ugh! Anyway, he called yesterday just to say that and talk some more. All the guys are a little nervous and scared about leaving. Anyway...

I almost didn't get up this morning but I did force myself to and got my butt out the door bright and early. I hate getting up so early but at the same time I feel better because I get so much more done. I went for my walk, mowed the front yard, cleaned the house (straightened it) and went and met V for lunch at 11. He's going to change the door knobs when he gets home and edge the front (I don't edge or weedeat) and I have a load of laundry to do and then lots of reading. If I can stay away, lol. I am getting sleepy, very sleepy. But I like that everything is done and I have the rest of the day to do whatever-good feeling.

Take care ladies and I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!
Old 08-05-2006, 10:05 PM   #13  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

Hi ladies, I hope you are having a good week-end. I cleaned house and did laundry today. Showing tomorrow. Mom was here for a couple days and we actually just visited until I took her home today. Not alot going on except for the houses...
I haven't done too well with food choices..I seem to get through 2 meals just fine and then all **** breaks loose. What a failure! I have absolutely no will power. I think I am going to have to exercise like 3 hours a day in order to keep myself out of the kitchen. LOL
Have a good Sunday all!
Old 08-06-2006, 05:55 PM   #14  
GmaTo8

Happy Sunday to you,

Marti - oic about the pilates. I've heard that doing those is good to relieve stress as well as tone the body. Little red dot... lol... your Jhanai is a sweetie. Have loads of fun with her today. I told Mary you wanted to see current photos of the girls, and she said she wasn't sure she wanted their pics on the internet. Then I had to 'fess up that they've already been, but that I don't leave them posted long. So she said she'd think about.

Cristina - I've been thinking about you today, with Josh deploying. How long before he'll be able to check in again? Hope it isn't too long. I bet your carpet cleaner from Stanley Steamer is better or at least as good as the stuff I buy. But the Oxyclean for carpets does get the job done. Neal is the worst culprit I have around here, too, not the dog. Even the DGDs aren't as hard on the carpet as he is. Why are you getting new doorknobs? Btw, I like the monkey avatar better, too.

Sue - you're being awfully hard on yourself, Sue! Could you try maybe saving more calories for evening since that's when your trouble time is? That's what I had to end up doing, and so far, it's working for me. Just a thought.

A big hello to anyone else reading this.

Mary and the girls came over for soup today. She told Dale on the phone what we had (he LOVES my vegetable soup) and she said he just about cried, lol. I'll have to make another pot of it when he comes home next time. Terry and his family are stopping by in a little while to visit. I love Sundays!

We went to the Eagles (the club, not the band, lol) last night with my sisters and Leroy, and I'm proud to say I took with me the snack I had planned, so I wouldn't get off program. It happened to be 6 Triscuit crackers and a wedge of Laughing Cow cheese, so it was very portable, lol. That's my NSV for the week.
Old 08-06-2006, 09:36 PM   #15  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

Jane, I also decided I was being too hard on me. So, I sat down today, meditated and tried to come up with a plan of action. I wrote out 6 small meals or snacks for tomorrow that I think I can live with. The evening snack is either sweet (fig bars or fudgesicle) or salty (cheese crackers) depending on what I am craving then. That way I won't have to say NO when the munchies hit. This plan can be altered a bit each day for the week. I told DH what I am going to do and told him I would appreciate if he cooperates. LOL He always says he will and then comes in and says he wants to go for pizza or a milk shake. Of course, I run and grab my shoes and say "let's go." So this time I told him that I am doing this for ONE week, just to see if I can. At the end of the week I will re-evaluate and come up with a plan for the next week. I also did WATP today and feel pretty good...so "fingers crossed" that I find what works for me.
Earlier my little neighbor guy friend came over with a bag of cherry tomatoes for me and said "these are sooo good on a salad." So I have those to munch on. I bought bananas, clementines, grapes, watermelon, peppers, salad greens and zuchini.
Now, if I can just keep busy so I don't snack. I am going to the library in the morning and may even do some sewing this week. Or...I can always spend the time on the computer gabbing.

Anyway, I am glad you had a nice Sunday with your family. I miss having all my family here. We used to all go to Mom's almost every Sunday. I thought my kids would come here like that, but they flew the coop...ha.

Hi to everyone. Cristina..add my prayers to the list. And ((hugs)) too.
Closed Thread