Closed Thread

Old 08-03-2006, 04:37 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 198/193/140

Height: 5'5"

Default Let's track 2 - (get and share ideas)

Hello everyone:

I don't know how hot it has been for the rest of you, but the last few days here have been so hot. My plants are soaking in the water as fast as I have been drinking it.

Yesterday:

B - 1 Egg; 2 slices of WW Rye Bread; 1 Tbl Lite Butter; 4pt

L - 2 Slices of Lite Cheese; Lite Pita Bread; Tomatoes & Basil
1 C Milk - 5 pts

S - Lunar bar 4 pts

D Lean Cuisine 6............that comes to 19 points,

but got the munchies at night....had a few handfuls of lite potatoe chips and a Skinny Cow Ice Cream sandwhich (I know that that is 3 pts)

So I'll say I had another 6 points....so I went 2pts over my allowed 24 pts.

Today

B: 1 Egg; 2 Lite WW Rye Bread 1 Tbl Lite Butter 4 pts

S: 1 banana 2 pts

L: Lite Raviolis and 1/2 C Sauce 6 pts 12 pts so far.

D: Chix and a Salad (probably 8 pts there depending on dressing).

Paula: I can't believe how much you ride. I have to get back to my exercising soon. My son will be in camp for a few weeks so I will be on a better schedule and I can go to the gym. I noticed that when I exercise I am hungrier. Also because of the heat here it is hard to get motivated to work up a sweat. I go into my vegetable garden in the morning and work in there pulling weeds, etc. Then I'm so soaked from that activity I haven't felt like working out.

See you tomorrow. By the way, does anyone know how to keep the weight tracker at the bottom of the posts. I currently have to keep going into it and putting it in everytime I post. Thank you!

melloyan

Old 08-03-2006, 05:34 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 222/187/120

Height: nearly 5'2"

I have to add my 2 cents about eating below your points.

There has been a lot of research out their showing that obese people who eat a very low calorie diet can (and do) lose a lot of weight very quickly.

Web MD explaination of it

Now combo that with thin people on a VLCD (like the entire cast of Ali McBeal) - I read somewhere that Ellen's girlfried (her name escapes me) ate exactly 500 calories per day while on that show and even counted how many calories were in her toothpaste in case she swallowed some. I am trying to point out that a thin person on a VLCD is an anorexic.

Both scenerios result in the undeniable fact that people on very low calorie diets lose weight. It isn't necesarilly healthy. It definately isn't something you can maintain long term. But will you lose weight? Yes.

I often read about people on the boards who claim they only had 800 calories or 15ish points and didn't lose weight - therefore showing that low calorie diets don't work. Well, I defy you to find someone who stayed at 800 per day for a month straight and stayed the same. It can't happen ~ odd medical conditions aside.

So why does everyone thrash on people who are worried about a 20 point day, jumping on them about not being healthy? I mean, we don't all pounce on a buddist or muslim during religious fasting. If someone wants to fast or wants to lower their points to get out of a rut, that is their perogative. It isn't something I can do - but it does work.

I think we don't want people to be able to cheerfully maintain on 18 point days because we can't do it ourselves.

There were lots of examples in the book "Thin for Life" of people who used VLCDiets as part of their weight loss efforts. And then later in life would occasionally go back on them for 1-3 weeks if they had put on 5-10 lbs to take care of it.

There are also lots of people who gained every lb back after their VLC diet. But there are also WW that gained back the weight, Atkins folks that gained back the weight. I am sure their are even calorie counters who stopped counting and 'poof' the weight came back. It isn't the fault of the diet, it is the fault of the person for losing initiative. And while we all know that some diets are better than others, if someone wants to eat at the way low end of the point range for a bit - then good for them, for being able to do it. I wish I could.
Old 08-03-2006, 06:37 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 163.4/120/132

Height: 5'1"

My 2-cents --

I, for one, am stuck in the 20 point range for now and I must tell you that some days are good and some days just out-right suck. I don't often use my flex points, but there are some days where I just need to eat more. Period.

I've done well on the WW program and have eaten my points with few to no flex point each week since I started 4months ago. I've lost weight every week (some weeks more than others). I honestly couldn't imagine eating below the 20points on a regular basis. That just can't be good for you long term. You may lose the weight, but I can't imagine your body will function properly on such a small amount of fuel.
Old 08-03-2006, 07:28 PM   #4  

I don't think VLCD's are good for you. Take a look at the side effects on the WebMD page. I do think they help facilitate weight loss.

I just get annoyed when someone reads a random post (say above) and then starts in you for not using your flex points -- tells you you have to use your flex points, it isn't good for you to not use your flex points, that there leader said to always use all your flex points etc...

It is your diet. You are choosing to not use them. You have lost weight every week. And you are at goal. That is wonderful.

I have had a lot of 40+ point days and I see you at 20 and think. Wow - I wish I could be like that. I know it is hard work because I have had glimpses of it a week or two at a time, but am never able to stick with it. It just drives me nuts when people find a fellow dieter that is being successful, and them jump all over her for not eating enough - it seems weird.
Old 08-03-2006, 07:30 PM   #5  

Breakfast: Oatbran cereal and coffee (3)
Lunch: ? noddle stuff (4), watermelon (1), 2 very small cookies (1)
10 points so far
more cookies (2)
Dinner: ?

I am headed (sans children) to a classical music concert on the lawn. It should be a nice evening.
Old 08-03-2006, 07:45 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 163.4/120/132

Height: 5'1"

I'm with you, morrigan. We all have to do what works for us, and more importantly, what we will be able to stick with long term. That's the hardest part. Trying to figure out what we will be able to stick with in the years to come.

Lots of people have told me that I need to eat all of my flex points. Personally, my leader never told me to do that. He told me to use at least 2 of my activity points each day, but that I didn't have to use the flex unless I wanted to. What I love is knowing those flex points are there and understand that I haven't failed if I do choose to use them.

I'm about ready for a good 'ol 40 point day! LOL!

Have a great time tonight!
Old 08-03-2006, 09:38 PM   #7  
Jennifer

S/C/G: 235/192/170

Height: 5'7"

Howdy all! I agree, WW has proven scientific research saying what we should eat each day. I also agree, that a random day here and there, being too low or too high in pts. won't sabotage your diet. I don't choose to eat below my pts on a daily basis, I do however, chose to be alittle under the day before weigh in, IF I can be. Alot of times I cannot be, I'm just frankly, too hungry..but the days that I seem to be under after dinner, I won't go out and just waste pts on nonsense food, just to be exactly on my point target. Alot of nights, I do that...It'll be 7-8pm and I'll have 3-5pts left...Yes, I know I should plan my day better so I don't have so many at night, but sometimes it just happens, and the day before weigh in, I choose to not use those on sugary sweets, that I tend to use them on more often than not.
I am one who def. uses about 1/2 of my flex pts. every week, so I definitely do eat enough...hello!! lol, look at my stats...I've been on WW 19 weeks and am only down 18lbs...if I was eating wayyy less, it'd be alot more AND I'd prob. have failed by now, considering I cannot do anything, that I cannot do for the rest of my life. Now for my day...which, was not an under pt day mind you
B: Muffin 2pts
L: pb&j 3pts, 100 calorie chips 2pts, yogurt 1pt
S: fruit 2pts
D: out w/inlaws...the darned rolls anyhow!
steak 5pts, baked potato w/small amount of butter 5pts, salad w/dressing from home 4pts, rolls w/small amount of butter .....drum roll please 15pts!!
39 pt day out of 26. I'll use 13 flex and be done with it. On to a better day tomorrow.
Old 08-03-2006, 10:11 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 187/187/145

Height: 5'03

Hello!! breakfast-grapes/banana/all bran cereal bar=4 pts. lunch-lean cuisine/sf pudding/1 mini choc. cupcake=9 pts. dinner-2 chicken soft tacos/pintos and cheese=9 pts. snack-watermelon=2 pts. Total for the day is 24 pts. I rode my exercise bike 10 miles today.
Old 08-04-2006, 08:20 AM   #9  

Wed nite-Thursday afternoon

Start-26

Dinner-Chicken-4
baked fries-3
low fat ice cream-3
popcorn-3

Breakfast-pb&sugar free j on lite whole wheat-3
coffee-1.5

Lunch-Pizza wrap-3.5
fruit w/choc pudding-4
fruit snack-1

Total-26

Stayed on my pts then, but last night was a different story! YIKES! We went out to Ruby Tuesday's...they don't have a very diet friendly menu anymore. I got the Hickory Chicken Sandwich, without the bacon..um, yeah, still 18.5 pts. SUPER! Oh well...altogether I spent 39 pts. So I haven't even had breakfast yet this morning and I'm already -13pts. I had only used 3.5 fp, and my new week starts Sunday at dinner. I'm just going to have to try to be extra good today (which will be hard cause I have a cake due Sunday, so I'll be doing the baking today.) Oh well, it is what it is!

Edit to say...I have to add, though, that even though I did blow it last night, I'm proud of myself that I fessed up and figured out pts for everything. I really was going to just "forget" that it happened, but I realized that if I did that I probably wouldn't be as careful today about what I eat, and I would end up just making it worse.

Hope everyone has a successful day!
Paige
Old 08-04-2006, 10:03 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 198/193/140

Height: 5'5"

Hi Everyone:

Morrigan I think you are correct. My husband is a diabetic. When he first was diagnosed he had to lose 40lbs. So he cut out all the sugar (of course) and cut down on his calories...we learned that he has to eat basically a low carb diet. He lost his 40lbs in about 4 months w/o exercise. He has kept the weight off and it has been about 8 years now. I'm jealous because I wish I had the will power he has...but a day at a time.

Anyway I thought I'd share this recipe from hungrygirl I got today. If you use low carb pita pocket I'm sure the point range moves to about 1 pt. or you could probably just fold the pita over for 2pt count with the apples.

Apple picking time is coming up in a few months, and I love to make apple pie. The problem is I eat to much of it. So if you guys like pie, maybe this is a good fix for us.

Applie Pie Pockets

(1 pita-half - 139 Calories, 0.5 fat, 207mg sodium, 35g carbs, 5.8g fiber, 16.5 sugars, 3.5g protein = 2 pts)

4 applies; sliced and peeled
One half tsp. vanilla extract
1 tbsp. brown sugar substitute (or any calorie-free sweetener)
One half tsp. cinnamon
2 tsp. cornstarch
2 Western Bagel Alternative Pitas (or any reduced-calorie pitas; (halved

Directions:

In a small covered saucepan, cook sliced and peeled apples in 1/4 cup of water until tender (2-3 min.). Remove from heat and drain water. Into 1/4 cup of COLD water, mix vanilla, no-cal sweetener, cinnamon and cornstarch. Cook and stir until thickened to a caramel-sauce-like consistency (adding a few drops more water if it gets too thick). Remove from heat and stir apples into mixture. Stuff 4 warm pita halves (30 seconds in the microwave should do it) with mixture. (Serves 4). Top with ff cool whip.

Haven't eaten breakfast yet. It is finally a cooler day. So I'm chilling out for a while. I will post later.

melloyan
Old 08-04-2006, 01:13 PM   #11  

Breakfast: Oatbran cereal and coffee (3)
Lunch: ? noddle stuff (4), watermelon (1), 2 very small cookies (1)
10 points so far
then a few more cookies (2) = 12
then tofu and cottage cheese (6) = 18
Then salmon(3) and wine(5) = 26
then sort of went overboard when I got home. Cookies and mild (4), cereal and milk (3), cereal and milk (3)

33 points + my 22 point day from before was really more like 25

This week in points 25,32,25,33 so far
Old 08-04-2006, 01:14 PM   #12  

Today: oat bran cereal with milk (4) and coffee with milk (1) bites of kid cereal (2)

7 point breakfast

lunch at Mc Donalds (asian salad no dressing (4))
the starving by dinnertime.
veggie burrito. It had about 1 cup of rice (4), 1/2 cup of beans (2), and a big tortilla (3), plus I had some wine (2) an apple (1) and a bunch of wheat thins (3), and a bite of chocolate

26 point so far if I don't have more wine - which I may

DH is finally home - instead of being ecstatic, I just want to pass out with the relief of not being in charge of the children alone.

Last edited by morrigan; 08-04-2006 at 09:20 PM.
Old 08-04-2006, 01:59 PM   #13  

Ok, so here's the total for today........

Start-26

Dinner-Hickory Chicken Sandwich w/o bacon -18.5
Fries-5
1/2 moz stick-2
1/2 chicken finger-1.5
Spinach salad from salad bar-3
ice cream-3
choc pudding-2
frosting-4

Breakfast-Pizza wrap-4
coffee-1

Lunch-Ham sandwich-2.5
FF ice cream-1

So I'm at -21.5 pts for the day. UGH! I have used up 25 flex pts (at least I only have 2 more days till the end of the week.)

I really try not to use much of my fp, but at least if I do have a night where I go out to dinner or slip up, it's not the end of the world!
Old 08-04-2006, 09:13 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 187/187/145

Height: 5'03

Hello everyone! I used my 35 weekly allowance pts. today on pizza. Plus my 24 daily pt. I rode my stationary bike 40 miles.
Old 08-05-2006, 07:14 PM   #15  

Make yesterday about 33 points (I had more wine and crackers)

Today I did the long bridge swim for the 13th time. It was 1.75 miles with whitecaps, 3 foot swells, and a head wind. I got horribly seasick, had terrible indigestion, I was green and it took me about 1/2 hour longer than usual. Can't say I didn't get my exercise for the day though.

Breakfast: clif bar (3) and latte (2)
Lunch: bagel (2), meat (2) and lentil soup (4)

Headed to a buffet wedding and I have no idea what is in store

13 points so far today

The wedding had great food. Wild Salmon (3), Buffalo (1), quinoa (2), veggies (0), and salad (2) -- but the dessert (12) and wine (8) did me in point wise.

42 point day

Last edited by morrigan; 08-06-2006 at 12:08 AM.
Closed Thread