Old 08-03-2006, 04:40 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 204/196/165

Height: 5'6"

Default Weight loss slow on LA Diet

Hi All, I have been on this LA Diet thing for about 12 weeks and only lost 9 pounds. Anyone else having troubles with this program...Or can give me some tips and some menu things to follow to loose more...i get yelled at everytime i go get weighed in..thanks
San9856 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 06:15 PM   #2  
Katie

Height: 5'1

What is the color of your plan, what is your starting weight and goal weight, what are your exercise habits, and do you eat the LA Lites? Maybe we can give you some advice that will help!!
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 06:52 PM   #3  
Deb on LAWL

S/C/G: 256.8/see ticker/150

There are so many different reasons why you could be losing slowly, and Katie asked questions about a lot of them. Another thing to look at is medical problems. Do you have problems with your thyroid? Food allergies? Are you getting in all the food that they want you to eat? Are you eating more than you are supposed to eat during the day? Are you eating every few hours? Are you getting enough calories in during the day? (I know LAWL doesn't think in calories, but it's important.)
Give us as much information as you can, maybe even a couple day's menus and we will try and help you out.
MTdebster921 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 06:54 PM   #4  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Oooh, good thoughts Deb. I totally missed medical problems.
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 07:22 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 204/196/165

Hi and thanks for replying...I am on the purple book, starting weight 205 goal weight 165, and yes i do eat the LA bars..no tyroid problems i had cancer 13 yrs ago, i walk alot don't do much othr exerciseing..I have a LA shake in the am for breakfast, then some fruit mid morning and mid afternoon and lunch time with salad , then protein and vegetables for dinner .. la bar in the afternoon and the evening....Sandy
San9856 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 08:00 PM   #6  
Deb on LAWL

S/C/G: 256.8/see ticker/150

Hi Sandy,
I am on purple too. If you are exercising more than 5 hours a week, you may need more food. Are you eating the same thing every day, or are you mixing up your foods. Have you tried counting your calories to see where you are? If you click on the Myfitday link under my avatar, it will take you my public account. That will show you my menu and how many calories I'm getting every day. Do the lites give you problems at all? They have soy in them and if you are soy intolerant, you may lose slower. Are you on any medication? Some meds and even aspirin can make you retain water.

It sounds like you are breaking your foods up ok. Fruits and starches earlier in the day. Do you eat a lot of red meat? It takes a couple of days to digest, so it will slow you down if you eat it more than 3 times a week or back to back days.

How much water are you drinking? Too much or too little will slow you down. Do you feel bloated like you are retaining water? Have you tried hot lemon water?
MTdebster921 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 08:08 PM   #7  
Jaslyn's Mom

Default slow loss

I'm on the purple as well and my weight loss has been slow so i feel your pain. i think my problem is that i don't get all the food groups in sometime due to a hectic work schedule, family issues and so forth. i do try to get all my water in however. also, i have cheated a few times, b/c i just couldn't resist! i don't do much exercise other than running around at work. i'm still positive and just trying to keep the faith. although slow, i'm still motivated. just make sure u get all the food groups in and write everything down even if you do cheat!
jaslyncymone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2006, 07:42 AM   #8  
on LAWL

Height: 5'6

I think the fitday is a great way to track calories--as obsessed as we are with food we HAVE to get enough so that our body will let go instead of store. After years and years of dieting we have trained our brains that less is better but it's not. Track a few days of calories and see where you are landing. The shakes are great but you are losing 100 calories on those days. Debbie is right--LAWL acts like calories don't matter but if you drop below, say 1200, you won't lose--I am at 158 and still need 1300-1350 to lose--if I go below I hold on. Good luck.
Boo'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2006, 04:19 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 233.9/143/160

Height: 5'7"

You mentioned that you do some walking..but not much else. How much walking are you doing? For instance, the calorie burn for someone who walks a mile 3 times a week is going to be a lot less than someone who walks 2 miles 5 times a week. (3 miles a week vs. 10 miles per week!)
aphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2006, 12:39 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 196/191/135

Height: 5'4

I too am on the purple plan and feel that my weight is coming off slowly. I've been on LAWL for 3 weeks and have lost 5 pounds. I've been sticking to the program and getting everything in like I'm supposed to. My thyroid problem is supposedly in remission and I'm no longer on meds.

I'M DETERMINED TO MAKE THIS WORK!!

You're not alone. We can do this.
pafleur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2006, 09:26 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 234.4/199/155

Quote:
Originally Posted by San9856 View Post
Hi All, I have been on this LA Diet thing for about 12 weeks and only lost 9 pounds. Anyone else having troubles with this program...Or can give me some tips and some menu things to follow to loose more...i get yelled at everytime i go get weighed in..thanks
Nobody should be yelling at you. You go there for support and yes, accountability, but not yelling or guilt trips. If that continues I would complain. You are paying good money for the support and they should know better than to engage in that negativity stuff. ****, we get enough from society as it is.

Also, although your overall weight loss is not as great as you would like, have you measured yourself? You may find you have lost inches instead of lbs.
Cheekyamero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2006, 10:00 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 207/186/140

Height: 5'4

It's also important that you actually measure your food, get all your food in, drink water and cook as much of your own food as possible. This way you know what's in it. Stay away from high sodium meals.

Lots of luck...and don't get discouraged.

I have the experience of being yelled at too. Not at all encouraging. Some councellors shouldn't be working there, but most are wonderful.
Camie is offline   Reply With Quote