Old 08-02-2006, 05:43 PM   #1  
Bikini Season :)

Default Cravings...

So this must be what its like to be a smoker or something trying to quit.. -- i cant get double cheeseburgers and fried chicken off my mind!! my mouth waters just thinking about it!!

help!!!

how long did it take for your cravings to diminish???
everytime i get a craving i eat a grape or take a sip of crystal light and it helps a little, but not enough!
KateRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 10:36 AM   #2  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

Good question! I still get cravings now and then! I find my cravings are worse after indulging in the stuff I crave.

Like I can go without chocolate for weeks, but then when I have some, I want more! Also if I've "fallen off the wagon" for a day I find it so much harder to carry on like before. I think junk begets junk. I need to remember that next time!!!

They do diminish though, over time and once you start to enjoy your new healthy eating lifestyle. What you're doing is great - come on here when you have cravings, take a walk or go to the gym. Distraction helps big time!
2frustrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 02:58 PM   #3  
ZenLizzie

S/C/G: 250/250/150

Height: 5'4

The only things I really CRAVE are hamburger meat and chips w/salsa. Neither one is too terribly bad in moderation, so I have some whenever I crave it.
Most of my other "cravings" that I've noticed are just for food in general and I seem to crave food after I eat things with high fructose corn syrup and other sweeteners. However, and sorry I'm rambling, but I also tend to "crave" certain meals like.. mentally. Sometimes when I'm having a bad day, I really want to eat fatty foods like mexican or pizza. So, for me, a lot of cravings aren't about the food they are just about my emotional eating.
And... they haven`t ever really gone away for me. BUT, not giving into those emotional types of cravings makes me stronger when they come around the next time.
WastedThermos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 03:06 PM   #4  
Fat to PHAT!!

S/C/G: 255/234/155

Height: 5'7"

Default Smells!!!

Smells always trigger my cravings!! Since my hubby and daughter aren't on a diet, they can eat whatever they want and it is so hard to see them eat sometimes. Also, walking anywhere near our cafeteria at work is torture!!! Thankfully, I don't have to be there often!!!

Please let them deminish....please....please!!!!
TiredofWeightin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 03:56 PM   #5  
Lose that Baby Weight!

S/C/G: 172/154/125

Height: 5'2

Maybe you can make Baked 'fried' chicken...or a Turkey Burger...I hate to say it but sometimes you just have to give in to the little buggers and move on. Just make sure it is once in a while and not like Daily rofl. I try to make sure I eat ever 3 hours to keep my motabolism up...this helps with cravings because if it isn't time for me to eat again then I have to wait. And usually waiting allows me enough time to think about it. Watching my eating this way also makes me more aware of foods purpose as energy and not just 'something to do when you are bored'
Stephanie Osborne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 07:23 PM   #6  
A Healthier Me

Maybe you can work small splurges into your routine every once in a while. As long as you burn off more that you take in, an occasional splurge won't do too much harm.
coco_chanell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 11:08 PM   #7  
Bikini Season :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiredofWeightin
Smells always trigger my cravings!!
this is ssooo true! i went the mall today and passed by a cookie shop, a pretzel shop and a chinese food stand - i ended up having to leave the mall!!!

gah!

but i hit the ONEderland today, thats a massive push to keep it up!
KateRN is offline   Reply With Quote