Old 08-03-2006, 12:56 PM   #1  

Default Hummus

Found a thread on this from several months ago but no clear answer. My book does not list hummus. How is it counted?

There were a couple of people who said 1/3 c. equals 1 starch, which would make sense as it is mostly beans. . . .

Does anyone know what the final word on this is? I love hummus and it would make a great snack with celery.

Thanks!
athensmomof3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 12:59 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 260/252.6/125

Height: 5'1 1/2"

If you go to the LAWL website and click on the healthy eating, it will give you a recipe for their hummus. I just made it this week and had it for lunch on Monday. It was OK... I left out the oil so it was only a protein. I think it needs something else, though. But it was yummy on the pita chips (recipe also from their site) and baby carrots. By the way, if you do make the pita chips, I use a 4" pita and then split it in half and then cut the halves into wedges. Gives you more, I think.
bizlawchik is offline   Reply With Quote