Closed Thread

Old 07-05-2006, 08:44 PM   #1  

Smile Dieting with Diabetes- The Long Hot Summer Part 2

The thread was getting awfully long, so I thought part 2 would be a good idea.

Hope all is well...

Its raining cats and dogs here...and the dang roof is leaking! The pool is green, so I have not been interested in diving in it, even though it is just algae! I did get my walk in this morning...good thing since the rain is really heavy and there is plenty of thunder and lightning!
Old 07-06-2006, 07:16 AM   #2  
stbakd

hi monet
alls well here. sunny and hot here. glen
Old 07-06-2006, 07:25 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Cloudy before dawn, cleared at sunrise and now it's cloudy again. Make up your mind, Weather!

BGL was 4.8 this morning and I have given up weighing myself daily. I'm focussing on eating good healthy food and not too much of it. My ticker is alternating between lying and being truthful so I'm going to just ignore it.

Is algae a healthy veggie, Monet? MAybe you could swim and get your veggies.

Glen, I don't want to imagine what Toronto is like today! I spent one summer there at York and vowed never again! Keep cool.
Old 07-06-2006, 10:15 AM   #4  

I wish it were a healthy veggie, Ruth. Thankfully, Tom dumped LOTS of shock in the pool last night and it is blue again. Cloudy, and the chlorine level is probably lethal to humans right now, but it will be swimmable by tomorrow.

Hi Glen!
Old 07-06-2006, 10:17 AM   #5  
creations

Nice cool summer morning.
Weighin this morning,down 2.8lbs.
Hope everyone has a great day.

Judy S
Old 07-06-2006, 04:25 PM   #6  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Well, we are having another of those days when you feel like you can actually chew the air . . . certainly to thick to breathe it . . . ugh Don't know what is going on, this is definitely not our normal kind of summer.

Glen . . . Hi . . . haven't seen you here for a bit. How's it going. Did you finish your accounting course yet?

Monet . . . Hi . . . sounds like the weather is nasty all over.

Ruth . . . Hi . . . you've got the same kind of scale that I have, I guess. I'm definitely ignoring mine.

Judy . . . Hi . . . Wow, a cooperative scale. congratulations on that nice loss.

I seem to be extremely busy and I can't figure out why, probably just the heavy weather makes everything seem to take twice as long. Anyway, I'd better get back to it.

Have a great day, gang. Keep on doing the good stuff and the good stuff will happen for you. See you soon.
Old 07-07-2006, 07:06 AM   #7  
stbakd

hi all
meowee i'll be done in sept
glen
Old 07-07-2006, 07:29 AM   #8  

Good morning! The weather is overcast...which means cooler! I am going to suit up and head out for a walk in a minute. I have not been as good about getting in all my workouts, so I don't want to slack off and have it become a habit. I have also been taking too much of a break on checking my glucose levels. The Byetta has kept them good, so its not bad, per se. I was checking more frequently, but it seems like a waste of test strips when it is always just about perfect.

I weighed in officially on Wednesday and was down two more to a total of nine since starting the Byetta. Supposedly, there is some evidence that it helps 'heal' the beta cells of the pancreas... I wonder how long that takes.

We had a algae infestation in the pool, but it is better now. Unfortunately, the chlorine level is too high to swim! I hope it is down enough to swim by tomorrow. I am really missing water aerobics.

GLEN: Not much time until you are done! Do well!

MEOWEE: I can relate! I feel like I am running in circles...and my son in law got me hooked on a video game! I SO don't have the time! I am knitting a blanket for a baby that is due in three weeks, and its got to get done! BUT, I am doing everything BUT that!

CREATIONS: Way to go on the 2.8 pounds! Awesome!

Old 07-07-2006, 11:14 AM   #9  
Mommy of Skye and Sam!

S/C/G: 203/188.5/160

Height: 6'0"

Morning!

Back in the saddle for Friday-work the main job, run home and get all my paperwork done, then go to the JcP. I will have a decent check next week, due to some good commissions, so I can buy my wedding jewelry making supplies... For four necklaces & earrings, it's gonna cost about $240.... but I'm using Akoya pearls and Swarovski crystals, so it's not too bad. Then I will just need to find the time to get them done!!!

Anyway, gotta run!

Hugs,
Old 07-07-2006, 03:23 PM   #10  
Onward and Downward

Hi there, sugar-babies . . .

Our weather is absolutely gorgeous today. Would be nice to have it continue for a while . . . just have to wait and see. In the meantime, I'm taking advantageous of the cooler, drier day to put some finishing touches on a crocheted afghan than has been begging to be finished. Since you have to drape it across your lap to work on it, it is definitely not a project for a hot, sticky day.

GLEN . . . keep up the good work, boy I'm sure it will be worth it when you are finished.

MONET . . . Wow, it just keeps getting better and better for you. Hope you get a few cooler days so you can get that baby-ghan finished.

JOSIAN . . . Those jewellery gifts sound like they will be absolutely marvellous. So meaningful that you are making them yourself. Hope you'll post a picture of them when they are finished.

Have a good evening, everybody. Keep moving and shaking and heading in the great downward direction. See you soon.
Old 07-08-2006, 06:21 PM   #11  
Onward and Downward

Hey gang . . . where are you all hiding?

It turned just plain HOT around here today, but at least the humidity hasn't been too bad. I am, however, feeling draggy today from the heat and my BS is also up a bit higher than I'd like. Kind of strange all around.

Finished the afghan (well, almost, I still have a lot of loose ends to weave-in) yesterday and threw it over the back of the couch and the cats immediately took up residence. So it has a good supply of cat hair before it's even totally finished.

Hope you are all having a good weekend, kiddies. Keep on doing all the right stuff and I'll check in again tomorrow.
Old 07-08-2006, 06:57 PM   #12  
creations

Just been cleaning house and cooking. Had the air on all day,its alittle on the warm side. The son and greanddaughters are coming tomorrow. Daughterinlaw and I are going to a stampin and scrapbooking convention tomorrow. So have to have plenty of food for them to eat.
Walked around the street fair yesterday,wore me out.
Judy S
Old 07-08-2006, 09:12 PM   #13  

I spent the day playing a video game my son in law got me started on. I suppose I should not call him an enabler, since it doesn't take much to get me interested in games! This one is an awesome game...it is very complex. I finally got in the pool today. The chlorine was high still so I was careful to shower off after I got out. It sure felt good to be back at water jogging!

I hopped on the scale this morning, and I was encouraged to see another pound gone. I am wearing a pair of capris I have not been able to wear since before I had surgery a year and a half ago!

Old 07-09-2006, 11:31 AM   #14  

Well the weather here is nasty one minute a little rain and I mean a little then just hot and muggy. I hate weather like this. I need to give ya all an update on my granddaughter. She is doing good and gaining weight. I got to see her a couple of weekends ago and I just think she is most beautiful. Keep praying for us we still have to go to court on the 11th and see what the judge has to say. They made my son move out of the house (he was living with his mom, my husband's ex) and his mom has the baby so we can see her any time. But things will work out I have faith. God will take care pof us.......Oh my sugar was 197 yesterday and 153 today. All the stress of this is really affecting me. And I think I gain a couple of pounds scared to get on the scales......Ya'all have a nice day, and be safe.
Old 07-10-2006, 05:26 PM   #15  
Onward and Downward

Hi gang . . . it's been quiet in here for the past couple of days . . . guess we are all just hanging our and trying to stay cool.

Hope everybody had a pretty good weekend and didn't roast in the high temps . . . well, I guess 'didn't stew' would be a better way to put it, given the high humidity.

Keep doing the good stuff, kiddos. See you soon. Keep cool.
Closed Thread