South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 08-02-2006, 05:30 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Wishing Wednesday Chat - August 2

From another board...............................
I wish to appreciate everything that is right in my life and keep the annoyances and challenges in perspective.
I wish to appreciate the variety of healthy foods around me, the ease at which they are available, and how good they make me feel.
I wish to hit this day with the most positive attititude in the world, even if sometimes I'm faking it, attititude is everything.

So...heavy stuff for first thing in the morning but food for thought.

Today is going to be another scorcher and I suspect my AC is not working properly! The poor thing has been overworked and may be iced up. At any rate, today will be a quiet day except for an 11 AM meeting with the Heritage Mucky-Mucks from Ottawa. (I wonder if they'd mind if I met with them naked. JUST KIDDING!) The remains of the day will be spent quietly - no garlic harvesting, cooking, laundry or other nonsense - just reading, water sipping and dog petting. I may do the Church bulletin and finish the TheraPaws newsletter.

What are you doing to keep cool and keep your cool today?
Old 08-02-2006, 06:06 AM   #2  

Good morning Ruth! Enjoy your day and stay cool!

I was lying awakie in bed and decided to just get myself up- time to start the day and a new school year. I have big hopes that my stress level will lessen this year as the baby is a bit easier and my job will be a bit easier. Here's to less stress in my life!

Have a super day all-
Old 08-02-2006, 06:56 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 160/147/130

Height: 5'4"

Good morning. Not again here too. Just got our electric bill - OUCH!! It was worth it though Df works outside all day and he's really having trouble keeping enough fluids in his system. He gets a bit better every day but he comes home after work and falls right to sleep. I feel for him. He usually moutain bikes 4-5 times a week and he hasn't been in a week now because of what the heat is taking out of him. I've been doing my exercise inside or early a.m. and I've been having trouble not turning INTO a skinny cow - which still isn't all the skinny if you ask me!! They have a no sugar added, no fat ice cream that is very good.

okay, scales are stuck. I think I've been too liberal with my carbs. Even if it is fruit, I need to cut back a bit. I did the measurements for my wedding dress yesterday. It will arrive October 15th. Right now it won't fit. Not good. I'm close but not yet. Also I found out this morning that my birth father, who I've never met, is coming to the US in October. I'll meet him then. Two reasons to straighten up and hit my goal. I have this need to be the best I can be when I meet him. I know it need to work on that - being the best you can be has little to do with what's on the outside but it's still a current need. As for the dress - that's a solid, vanity thing!! I want it to fit me...without the fat role at the top, please!

So it's fewer taco bakes and more salads for me!

I'd better get stretched out. I'm feeling like I need some oil in my joints this morning! Have a great day all!
Old 08-02-2006, 07:41 AM   #4  
Skinny(er) by Thirty?

S/C/G: 192.2/163.8/154/135

Height: 5' 6"

Yay another pound! Today is my last day (for now) on Phase 1. I don't think I will miraculously drop another one tonight, bringing my grand total for Phase 1 weightloss to 11 lbs. Yay! What a great kick start!

I didn't get to the gym yesterday. The baby would not take a nap, and by the time he finally did, it was time to go to skating, and too late for me to skate as well (group lesson time only). Today is Mommy and Child Swimming Lessons again, and maybe this afternoon I will get to the gym again for some cardio.

Monday I go back to school (mostly to clean the cabinets out in my new classroom).

Fall's cool weather can't come soon enough!
Old 08-02-2006, 08:35 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Imagine getting a thick towel, soaking it in hot water, and wrapping it around your head. That's what it feels like outside right now. The heat index is supposed to be 115* today, UGH! Thank God for our air conditioner!
I enjoyed working with Peggy yesterday. I didn't realize how much I had missed the companionship of working alongside of an adult. All she had me do was walk around with a feather duster and vacuum, so it was easy work, and I was back home by 2pm. I'm helping her again today and tomorrow. I'm nosy as all get out, and I really enjoy seeing how other people decorate their homes.

Ruth ~ I hope you can get someone out to check your air conditioner! Enjoy your quiet day.

Kiko ~ Back to school already? Our summer is going by too fast, and Labor Day will be here before we know it. Kids around here usually start back to school around then. It sounds like you're looking forward to your new position, I hope you love it!

littlegrasshopper ~ That's a shame about your DF. Jake comes home hot and exhausted too, in this heat, so I know what your going through. He's good about keeping himself hydrated, though, so it really helps him get through the workday. Don't worry, you have plenty of time to fit into your wedding dress, and you'll certainly make it by then. What a great motivator!

Louren ~ You are doing fantastic on Phase 1! I wouldn't be suprised if you drop another pound overnight, it happens!
Old 08-02-2006, 09:32 AM   #6  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

Today is Leos's birthday and he has never seen a day like this over 90 on the Cape that hasn't happened in 70's and that along time.Boston is going to be well over 100 % We're spending our day in our A/C home as Leo is having trouble breathing after having the lung cancer.

Well I got on the scale again,to make sure that yesterdays weight loss wasn't a fluke,and I'm down additional 1 that 3 lbs gone.Let see if it stayed this way until next weeks W-I.

Going to drink extra water & exercise to the minimum

Hugs BB

Last edited by beach bum; 08-02-2006 at 01:45 PM.
Old 08-02-2006, 09:54 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 238.4/231.6/215/199/140

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning All!

It's going to be a cool 101 degrees here in my end of Virginia. I am back to an almost 5 pound loss, not sure what is the difference in a few days, but I realized that I have no reason to compare myself to anyone here who has lost more in phase 1 -- I mean, what's the point, right? We all have a different metabolism, age, muscle mass, and water retention. In the end, it is encouraging to see us all moving in a positive direction.

That said, I have taken your advise and just moved on to Phase 2. It will be easier to find things to eat anyway. My blood sugar level has stabilized and my cravings are essentially gone. I think I have the desire to want ice cream, but I am not ready to give in to the desire. I bought a South Beach "bar" that is a protein/chocolate kind of candy and had that yesterday. It was good and I feel no deprivation whatsoever. I'm sitting here eating an Asparagus Omelet with Goat Cheese from the SB Diet Cookbook, page 45. It's actually P1, but it is like eating a gourmet breakfast. Later on I am going to make a recipe for Ceveche on page 172, also a P1 recipe. There is so much more room to play with new recipes now.

So, the past few days, I've been so busy. My teenager got sick at camp and we had to go pick him up, so he has a whole year to wait for the camp that he's been pining for. I finished priming and painting my 12 y/o ds bed room, and we are putting together a loft bed for him, which should be done today. I am just planning on running errands and exercising before lunch. It's so amazing how fast the summer is passing.

Every one stay blessed and on target with your goals! Drink lots of water to keep hydrated in this heat!

Have a great day all!

Big Hugs all around

Last edited by Scully1280; 08-02-2006 at 10:41 AM.
Old 08-02-2006, 10:30 AM   #8  

Need I say more ? No power this morn, we had a rogue thunderstorm come through this morn and zapped us!

Ruth: What beautiful thoughts to start our day

Kiko: Yes I hope there is less stress fer you too!!!!

Grasshopper: Oh boy, this is a tough time fer folks that work outdoors... I hope DF takes Gatorade or Pedialyte with him to work too.. He's electrocytes are probably getting wacked out too, and those drinks will help replace the nutrients and restore balance..

Louren: on yer loss!

Cottage: he heeeeeee! I love to try to look in peoples windows while we've been on our land hunt.. I love to see how people decorate too..

BB: fer your SBDAtkinish diet!!!

Scully: that omelette sounds Delish!!!!! Enjoy!

I'm finally havin my cawfee-- and get the food shopping done before pumping it up with Gilad.... !!!
Old 08-02-2006, 10:37 AM   #9  

I'm feeling really motivated. I'm down a pound today. The block party was a ton of fun last night and I stayed completedly on plan! The desserts looked great and it was tough to watch DH eat chocolate cake but I did it. I had eaten my beef and bean quesadilla ahead of time and I loaded up my plate with lots of the coleslaw that I had brought. I was able to eat grapes and that was about it. Brian and I jogged/walked the half mile home at one point and got our bikes so we got some exercise. Then they put on music and invited people to dance. My kid can really dance. I probably looked silly dancing but I don't care, I had fun!

I've got a Scout planning meeting tonight but I think I have time to make it to the gym if I can get out of work on time. And that is unpredicatable. I really feel for all of you dealing with the heat. It's in the low 100's here but that is normal for this time of year and the humidity is low. In fact there is a high risk of fires today. I wish we could get out more in the dawn and dusk hours but West Nile is very prevalent this year and quite a few people have been catching it so I've tried to be really careful.
Old 08-02-2006, 12:28 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 178/145/143

Height: 5ft 6

Morning ladies - Feel like it's about time for a WHOOOSH because I've been doing really well and the scale isn't budging... this morning it still read 150, but it may be due to bathroom issues as I have explained in previous posts...

It's been SO HARD waking up in the mornings, think of all sorts of excuses not to work out, but man after I work out the rest of the day is so much brighter and it's so nice to get off work and not to have to go to the gym!

Feeling good and healthy again, but still my self esteem isn't there. Any suggestions?

Barb - Block party does sound fun! I wish I was down a pound... Way to stay OP!

Schatzi - If you have no power then how are you on the computer?

Scully - Your meals sound delicious! 5 pounds in INCREDIBLE!

Beach Bum - Good job on the loss! I guess you'll have to get creative with indoor fun?

Cottage - Yep heat+humidity = Texas (too)

Louren - YOU ARE DOING GREAT! Definitely more important to focus on the exercise you DO get then berating yourself for missing a day!

Grasshopper - My goal date is October 25th so we should keep eachother in line since our goal dates are so close!

Kiko - Cheers to less stress in life! (and more yoga?)

Ruth - Good morning! That is a great quote, really a prayer almost to be grateful for what you have, what you are blessed with and not focus so much on what's inadequate in your life, to put everything into perspective... to be positive and focus on what we are doing well more than negative and focusing on our faults...
Old 08-02-2006, 03:03 PM   #11  

Hey everyone .... I haven't really posted in awhile, except to update my exercise post. I've been doing fairly poorly, diet-wise, throughout July. I need to get back on track for August. My ticker is telling lies, since I've regained a few pounds (hopefully, it'll slip away once I do a strict Phase 1). Sounds like July was a tough month for a lot of ladies, though!

I'll be on Phase 1 again soon. But it's hard getting the fruit out of my diet for two weeks! I'd definitely miss it! Still, it's for the best because with all the bad food I've been eating, I definitely notice the change in how I feel. All cranky, bloat-y and tired! Three good reasons to eat better!

Anyway, hope everyone's keeping cool in this hideous heat! Boston's a muggy sauna today and I'm looking forward to going to my parents' house and hopping in the pool!
Old 08-02-2006, 05:34 PM   #12  
beachbum

Thanks Schatzi and Sarah for yourcongrats on my weight loss. Hopefully it will stay around for my official Mon W-I.

Hugs BB
Old 08-02-2006, 09:46 PM   #13  
RNMOM

Default Hiya

It's a late night post, but the day in the ER was WILD and this is the first I've been able to sit down. Everyone looks like they are doing great, setting goals and re-movtivating. That is such a help to me. It's been perfect weather today, only about 88, for all those that are suffering with the heat, I'm sooo sorry! Hope you cool down at night so you can sleep.

Hugs to all!
Closed Thread