Old 08-01-2006, 04:39 PM   #1  
lana

S/C/G: 160/157/130

Height: 5'3"

Default Nutrisystems dinners vs. Weight Watchers frozen dinners

I have thought about ordering the Nutrisystems plan for a month, but then wondered if it would be easier to eat cereal and fruit for breakfast, then for lunch eat WW frozen dinner (with a salad) and WW frozen dinner (with a vegetable and salad) for dinner. I could also purchase the WW frozen desserts for snacks. I would like some advice on this idea. I hope this messages goes thru; I would really like to get started on a plan.
lanabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 07:23 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 228/215/160

Height: 5 ft 5

Hi Lana,

I've been on Nutrisystem for 2 weeks, this is my 3rd week. You could
go to http://plussizenow.com/ns/ it will give you some comparisons
and try a similar diet like you are talking about.

There are a few things about Nutrisystem-NS that are different, NS is based on the glycemic index-good carbs, and also nutrisystem everything has protein, the hot chocolate, the chocolate, the pasta, everything, so you get a mixture of portion control, good carbs, fiber, and protein. I really like it.

If you have any questions email
[email protected]

Good luck with whatever you do

I have thought about ordering the Nutrisystems plan for a month, but then wondered if it would be easier to eat cereal and fruit for breakfast, then for lunch eat WW frozen dinner (with a salad) and WW frozen dinner (with a vegetable and salad) for dinner. I could also purchase the WW frozen desserts for snacks. I would like some advice on this idea. I hope this messages goes thru; I would really like to get started on a plan.
Old 08-02-2006, 09:24 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 233.9/143/160

Height: 5'7"

Basically, you CAN do the same thing as NS, while not using the NS food. If you want to go with low glycemic food choices, simply choose cereals that are low sugar and whole grain (like Cheerios, Bran Flakes, etc.) and oatmeal packets.
For lunch and dinner-the entrees with a salad or a serving of veggies is just about right.
For snacks-you don't have to stick so much with WW desserts-you can count out a serving of pretzels, Baked Lays, a Snackwell's cookie, or any low fat/reduced calorie treat that is between 80-130 calories.

The day would be something like this:

Breakfast:
Cereal and skim milk OR
oatmeal packet and fat free yogurt
1 piece of fruit

Snack:
skim milk or fat free yogurt

Lunch:
entree and a salad with low cal dressing

Dinner:
entree and a salad or a side of veggies

Snack:
Treat of 80-130 calories

This is approximately their 1200 calorie a day plan.

Nutrisystem actually was not even low glycemic, until about a year and a half ago...it was basically the same plan that it is now, or what similar to what I am describing-before they changed their cereals to whoel grain, buns/rolls from white to whole wheat, and so forth. Eating whole grains/better carbs is better for you than white/refined ones-but the basic reason that you lose on NS is because it is LOW CALORIE.
aphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 02:12 PM   #4  
lana

S/C/G: 160/157/130

Height: 5'3"

Thumbs up Nutrisystems dinners vs WW frozen dinners

Ladies, thanks so much for your replies. The plussizenow web site gave some good information.

Aphil, thanks for the daily meal suggestion. sounds good.

Now I just have to get going. I'm really tired of having all this weight around my middle. I have never been this heavy before; I also have to get myself exercising after I get home from work. I live 36 miles from my job; I leave my house @ 7:00 am and don't get home until 6:15 pm or so, but at least I do have a gym 10 minutes from home (which I have a membership to). I guess it's all about changing bad habits to good habits and also to stop thinking and talking about losing weight and just do it.

thanks again

Aphil, happy delivery!
lanabs is offline   Reply With Quote