Closed Thread

Old 12-07-2001, 10:39 AM   #1  
Conquering with SBD

Default Weekly Challenge - Dec. 9 - Dec. 15

I have decided to start a challenge that lasts only one, yes, just ONE week. This week I am challenging everyone to drink 8 glasses of water (or the equivalent) everyday from December 9 until December 15.

We all know that drinking water contributes to weight loss, so I thought this would be a good challenge for us all before the Christmas season really gets into full swing. We might even lose a few extra pounds...

Sign up if you are in, check in everyday to update your past day's results and add comments on any difficulties you come across and how you resolve them.

For me, I am committing to the challenge and promising to drink 8 glasses of water each day next week.

This challenge wants YOU!

Last edited by sweet tooth; 12-07-2001 at 02:21 PM.
Old 12-07-2001, 11:13 AM   #2  
Mistress of My Universe

Default Okay, 8 by 8 is...

Okay,

I'll do this, but that means 64 ounces right? 8 cups of 8 ounce cups? I use a 33 ounce bottle at work of seltzer water--does that count? Then I drink fresh water from it after I empty it of the seltzer.
Old 12-07-2001, 11:37 AM   #3  
Conquering with SBD

Yes, that's right. 8 glasses at 8 oz each. The seltzer counts, too. I drink sugar free seltzers all the time. That's the only way I can get my water intake in.
Old 12-07-2001, 01:20 PM   #4  
Taking It A Day At A Time

Default This is a great idea!

Hey Peggy,
This is such a great idea to do weekly challenges. This way we can work on meeting the challenge of something for a week and can see how easy it can be if we really try. I love the water challenge and I will join this challenge because that is something besides trying to exercise everyday I can too. The journaling I am not good at yet, and some weeks I do better than others. LOL But this I love and starting with the water will surely make a difference in our weight loss, especially if any of you's have any chinese food, than man does my weight go up and do I ever have to drink water like crazy. But I can do this so count me in guys.

I am sitting here right now with my water jug besides me so GLUG GLUG GLUG off I go! TO THE BATHROOM PROBALY FROM DRINKING ALL THIS WATER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sassy Sharon
Old 12-07-2001, 02:00 PM   #5  
Long Lost Chickie

Default Water water everywhere!!

Peggy, hope you don't mind if I take it a step further, just for myself. I already drink 64 oz. of water every day so I'm going to try for at least 10 glasses or 80 oz. every day. That is, except for the weekend where I am seriously lacking. I never seem to get it all in over the weekend. So I vow to do the 64 oz. on Saturday and on Sunday and 80 oz. Mon. through Fri.

Hm, going out to the mall tomorrow. Better find out where the ladies' rooms are first......

This is a great thread, Peggy!!
Old 12-07-2001, 04:05 PM   #6  
CJ
Pending Email Confirmation

S/C/G: 184/172/130

Height: 5'4

Great thread Peggy! I'm in! But like Jello, I have no problem drinking the 8 glasses so I'm going for the 10 also! Hey Sharon - get ready cuz I'm sure the journaling is going to be one of our challenges! hahahahaha --- Oops, I should talk - I fell off the wagon there for a bit myself - but am getting back on again!

Do we report every day ???

Love, CJ
Old 12-08-2001, 10:41 AM   #7  

Default I am doing good so far!

Hey Peggy, CJ, Jello and Tricia.

So far so good, I am drinking ALL my water PLUS a glass or two more when I can. This challenge really helps us and I am soooo happy that you started it Peggy. How are the rest of you doing? Fine I hope!

Oh ya CJ, the journaling will probaly be coming up and that is one I will really have to work at. LOL The water one is pretty easy for me and will be an exercise one but the journaling.........................
will be a real challenge.

Take care everyone and please post and let us know how it is going for you.

Love ya, Sharon
Old 12-08-2001, 10:42 AM   #8  

So far so good, I am drinking ALL my water PLUS a glass or two more when I can. This challenge really helps us and I am soooo happy that you started it Peggy. How are the rest of you doing? Fine I hope!

Oh ya CJ, the journaling will probaly be coming up and that is one I will really have to work at. LOL The water one is pretty easy for me and will be an exercise one but the journaling.........................

Anyone else up to the challenge? Come on guys, it can only help you.

Love ya, Sharon
Old 12-08-2001, 10:47 AM   #9  

Anyone else up to the challenge? Come on guys, it can only help you.

Love ya, Sharon
Old 12-08-2001, 07:19 PM   #10  
Conquering with SBD

Just checking in to make sure that my water count is in. Yesterday I drank 10 1/2 glasses of water. Today, so far, has only been 4. I will make to the 8 yet and maybe a little more.

It's good to see everyone is starting the challenge early and getting ready for the start tomorrow. Personally, I will be sticking close to a biffy!

Take care,
Old 12-09-2001, 09:34 PM   #11  
CJ

Checking in ... I had 8 glasses of water yesterday and am drinking my 9th glass now as we speak ... then off to bed! Hope you all had a great weekend.

Until tomorrow ...
CJ
Old 12-09-2001, 09:48 PM   #12  
Conquering with SBD

Today is the first day of the challenge...the previous days were practice for everyone. So far today, I have had 5 glasses of water, but am sipping on the remaining 3 as we speak. I'll finish them, then off to bed for me.

Tomorrow, it is back to work and I have 3 - 16 hour days to cope with. That should keep me busy, instead of in the fridge!
Old 12-10-2001, 10:51 PM   #13  
CJ

Monday - Dec 10

I got my 10 glasses (80 oz) in today!

CJ
Old 12-11-2001, 09:25 AM   #14  
Conquering with SBD

Monday, Dec. 10

10 glasses for me, too!
Old 12-11-2001, 11:38 AM   #15  
Long Lost Chickie

Was running around so much yesterday that I didn't get in the water. So when I finally got home, I had to catch up. Drank lots of water in the late afternoon and into the evening. You all know how much sleep I got last night!! But I did it!

On my sixth glass already today and it's not even noon yet....
Closed Thread