Old 07-31-2006, 04:20 PM   #1  
Jaslyn's Mom

Default LA Supplements

I would like to know how the supplements are working for anyone who's taking them. I was given the LA Excel when I first started and they do actually give me a boost of energy. I stopped taking them about a week ago (trying to spread them out b/c they cost 89.00) and I've gained 0.6 lbs since my last weigh in! I also purchased the Carb Enders at the advice of the counselor. Do they actually work when you're going to splurge on carbs?

Also, has anyone purchased supplements off of Ebay? They are a fraction of the cost but i'm wondering if they're safe. If so, please provide the name of the seller! Thanks,
Tonya
jaslyncymone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 04:34 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 260/252.6/125

Height: 5'1 1/2"

I haven't used the Excel, but I have been using Hydroxycut due to the price. I have the Carb Enders, and I'm not sure about their effectiveness either, but I only bought them from the COD instead of a cheaper Walmart alternative because I had some $$$ stored up from losing during promotions. But I do think the carb enders help a bit.

I haven't purchased the supplements from Ebay, but I have ordered the Lites with no problems. The COD tries to scare you out of doing that because it takes $$$ away from them.

Bottom line is nobody knows if these supplements really work because they aren't regulated by the FDA. For some people they work, and some they don't. But they aren't required for the program. If you've gained .6, maybe look at your diary to see if you've taken any extra BLTs here and there (bites, licks and tastes). Or maybe TOM is due. If not, then you can go back to their supplements, or try a cheaper brand.

Hope this helps.
bizlawchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 04:54 PM   #3  
Jaslyn's Mom

lol!!! Yes, i did have a couple BLT's between last Saturday and today!! I feel bad b/c I should have written these in the diary but feel as though I might be scolded (yes, i feel like a 2 yr old on my weigh-ins) if the counselor knew this!!
jaslyncymone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 06:38 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 260/252.6/125

Height: 5'1 1/2"

I know what you mean. I don't always write in the BLTs either, but I try to stay aware so that if I am up, I know I deserved it. The few times I have gone over on a starch or something, I hate it when the counselor writes in my file "client had extra starch".
bizlawchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 06:15 PM   #5  

I have a question for anyone who has taken the excel supplements. I have a strange side effect and just curious if this has happened to anyone else. I get crampy, like the cramps like I'm about to start my TOM...anyone else? I know its from these pills b/c I'm not due for another 2.5 weeks and this has just been happening since I've taken the excel supplements and in general I very seldom get TOM cramps...anyone?
thinambition is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2006, 10:23 PM   #6  

I just started today; I'm on the purple plan I did buy the FB500 and TriMax and carbblocker. I bought these because a girlfirend of mine that referred me to LAWL said she took these and they really work so I thought I'd try them to see. I'll know in a few days if they are working.
Nascar Girl is offline   Reply With Quote