Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Closed Thread

Old 07-31-2006, 10:36 AM   #1  
Elizabeth

S/C/G: 233/158/145

Height: 5'6

Default Binge-free week, July 31st start

This is a thread to challenge ourselves to remain binge free for one week. Some of us make it, and some of us don't, but we all give it our best effort. It doesn't have to be an entire week. Some of us take it hour-by-hour. Whatever you can do, come here to share your successes and your struggles. Together, we are all stronger!

Please refrain from mentioning any specific foods because it sets some people off for a binge. If you feel the need to mention food, head on over to Cyber Purgers and confess away.

This is a thread open to all, don't hesitate to jump in anytime!!! Newbies are very much welcomed!!!

Good luck and much strength!
Old 07-31-2006, 11:12 AM   #2  
Elizabeth

S/C/G: 233/158/145

Height: 5'6

Hello Everybody!

Well, yesterday, I was bad. REALLY, REALLY bad. I made a bad decision to try the low carb thing. Only counting carbs. Not counting calories. So, I DID follow a low carb diet. But it turned into a high calorie nightmare! The words, "eat all you want" should NEVER be in my vocabulary!

So, today is a NEW day, a NEW week, almost a NEW month, and I'm gonna get back on track! No more excessive quantities of ANYTHING, well, maybe lettuce

Good luck and lots of to everyone!!!!
Old 07-31-2006, 12:08 PM   #3  

Height: 5'-2"

I'm in, Elizabeth! Thanks for starting the thread.
Yes, sometimes a "new plan" is a bad idea. Today will be better, hon.

Good luck, everyone!
Old 07-31-2006, 12:48 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 307/172/153.5 (half of SW)

Height: 5'8''

Yes, I tried low carb too a couple months ago, but I got REALLY bored with it ~ but I still lost weight because I cheated ~ I counted calories with it too. I don't think I lost weight any faster than with my regular diet. It's too hard to stick to. I need certain things that low carb doesn't allow.

I'm excited about the forum wide weigh in!!! I hope all of us CICs are participating!!!

Good luck everyone this week!!!
Old 07-31-2006, 02:18 PM   #5  

hi all
i was BF yday (monday) so a good start to the week. right now doing very well on food. having some sweet things but mainly sticking to healthy stuff and having a good balanced diet. fingers crossed i can keep it up

low carb isn't for everyone. i think the south beach is slightly better as it emphasises vegetables. personally i think low GI is a much better way to go...

court again today. the defence start their case today and i am looking forward to them falling apart yah hoping they destroy themselves. catch you later
Old 07-31-2006, 02:18 PM   #6  

"I have an impersonal trainer. We meet at the gym, we don't talk, he works out alone, and I go home"

hehe love that harpo - very cute
Old 07-31-2006, 02:24 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 180/130/130

Height: 5'5

Lightbulb

I'm in!

I go on vacation starting today, so my challenge will be to focus on relaxing from work w/out relaxing my food habits too much. So far, I've been binge-free for about 4 days. I've stayed away from snacks & I've been alone in the house twice now for hours at a time w/out doing my usual non-stop eating routine. Instead, I'm focusing on eating 3 healthy meals a day and responding to my hunger w/real food instead of my bf's junk.

I'm planning on making this a great month! And looking fantastic in my bikini when we're camping
Old 07-31-2006, 03:36 PM   #8  
New Beginning, New ME!

S/C/G: 162/133/125

Height: 5'4"

I'm in too of course..but as i say that I just finished a sinfully good dessert...but I am still walking 4 miles a day and I jsut got out of the pool playing with the kids...we were in that thing for almost 2 hours.

I can tell the effects that the bad food I have been eating is having. I am SOOO very sleepy, I could lay down right now and just sleep and sleep...NO energy whatsoever...Tomorrow is August 1st and I will go one month IN CONTROL this month...

Finished the last Harry Potter last night and I have to say i think that the 2nd and 4th are my favorites but I really liked the 1st too. The 3rd was oK but not as good as the others in my opinion....Today i start watching the LOTR Extended version trilogy. Seen these a hundred times but never tire of them....

Off to get my swimsuit off and drink some water and get ready to walk....good luck ladies!!!
Old 07-31-2006, 03:48 PM   #9  

Height: 5'-2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweet_pea
"I have an impersonal trainer. We meet at the gym, we don't talk, he works out alone, and I go home"
Harpo, I LOVE that...
Old 07-31-2006, 04:41 PM   #10  
Lesley

S/C/G: 277/262/150

Ugh we just had guests from out of the country for a week so I was very very bad!!! Not like full out binging...well there was a day at a brasilian steakhouse that gives me nightmares. They just kept coming with the meat!!!!!

I think I gained a couple of pounds back, but I will be better this week I swear!

Forum wide weigh in??? And me a week after I've been just dreadfully bad! I hadn't heard about that. I'll have to go check out what thats about.

Harpo: I agree totally cute sig! And your picture is gorgeous!

Ellis: Your new avatar cracks me up!
Old 07-31-2006, 05:29 PM   #11  
Lose that Baby Weight!

S/C/G: 172/154/125

Height: 5'2

I am definitely in! Off to a good start today already...
Old 07-31-2006, 08:13 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 307/172/153.5 (half of SW)

Height: 5'8''

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweet_pea
Oh, I wish I could take credit for that, but it's a great one-liner from George Carlin. I thought about giving him credit, but I think some people get offended just by seeing the man's name . . .
Old 07-31-2006, 10:24 PM   #13  
I need buddies on MSN. D:

S/C/G: 240/159.5/140

Height: 5'6"

Well I sure did horribly yesterday. Need this week to be binge free! I'm in!

Hope everyone else makes it this week.
Old 08-01-2006, 01:42 AM   #14  
I'm doing it this time!

S/C/G: 189/175/145

Height: 5' 4"

Default knock, knock, knock...

Can I come in?

2 days no binges! Most people I know look at me when I say this and say, "So?" But I know you guys would understand!

2 weeks until school starts (I teach 1st grade) and I need to get in the habit of controlling my food portions. I want to gradually get in the habit of just eating less and walking more. Eventually I'll venture out and try eating more healthy foods, but for now, just the accomplishment of putting less food in my mouth, even for 1 day, is a HUGE success! And I did it two days in a row!

If I come back tomorrow night, that'll mean I got through 3 days! *crossing fingers*

See you then!

Heidi
180/180/135
Old 08-01-2006, 03:04 AM   #15  
On my way...

Height: 5,4 ft

Good morning everybody!

May I check in as well??

Ok, yesterday was binge free. And not only binge free, it was a "eat- healthy food- in- reasonable- portions- day". Jahoo, I certainly lost 60 pounds yesterday because I did so great.....

Elizabeth: Oh Oh, the bad and dangerous "Eat all you want" phrase....Itīs a killer sentence for me! I did it after reading Susan Powters books: eat all you want and as much as you want- as long it is fat free or low fat. Yes, yes, I gained a lot of weight in during my low fat diet. Even low fat food can provide an enormous amount of calories.....

To all the Newbies:

I hope everyone is having a nice day!

Kate
Closed Thread