South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 07-31-2006, 09:24 AM   #1  
Skinny(er) by Thirty?

S/C/G: 192.2/163.8/154/135

Height: 5' 6"

Default Phase 1 Week of July 31

ok phase 1-ers. How are we doing? Anybody else getting ready to dip their toes into phase two later this week?

I actually already bought whole wheat pita bread this weekend (4g of fiber-way cool!) so tha I can be ready for when school starts again for me next week. SO GLAD that I started this a few weeks before I go back to teaching, because I never could have made it through those first weeks (of phase 1 and the new school year) without you guys and the support of this site.

I have the quick and easy cookbook on order at the bookstore (but no obligation to buy). Anybody used this one yet? Any opinions?

I'm so sold on this that I went through my newest issue of cooking light and phased the recipies, and made notations where I could change things to make them be on plan.

How much has everybody lost on phase 1 so far?
Old 07-31-2006, 09:51 AM   #2  
Shrinking Mom

S/C/G: Goal Weight:127

Height: 5"

My Phase II was supposed to start tomorrow....but I may prolong it one more week.
This 2 pound gain really has me reeling and I am trying not to get too discouraged.....after all I know what caused it.........

I am just frustrated with myself
Old 07-31-2006, 10:28 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 164/164/130

Default Yeah!! Phase I here I come!

I started Phase I today!!! Yipee for me! I am going to do this. I am going to do this. I am going to do this. I woke up this morning, turned on the shower, and thought OH @!#$ I REALLY HAVE TO DO THIS! LOL. Anyone else out there starting out with me??
Jalene
Old 07-31-2006, 10:47 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 330/315/154

Height: 5'6

I begin Phase II on Monday, August 7th. I start my exercise regimen tommorrow.
Old 07-31-2006, 10:50 AM   #5  
Recovering Sugarholic

Height: 5'3"

Jalene, I am kinda starting today, although I have corn on the cob in my fridge so there may be that small smudge on my phase 1 weeks! But, I will eat it with protein to curb any cravings.

It's always great to share menus, so post your P1 menu here!

Today:
B: 1/2 cup black beans with 2 scrambled eggs
S: 1/2 cucumber
L: romaine salad with sesame dressing, carrot, snow peas. some further sustenance such as cottage cheese or yogurt, not sure yet.
D: At Carraba's, planning on crab cakes with tomato remoulade and ceasar salad.

I need more dairy but we just moved and have no food in the house! Will try to grab some skim milk on the way home!

Jessie
Old 07-31-2006, 10:59 AM   #6  

Default Not good at planning

Well, here goes my menu if you want to call it that:
Breakfast - 2 Hard boiled eggs and 1/4 of a steak I cooked last night.
Snack- 5-6 slices of cheese
Lunch - 3/4 of steak I cooked last night/ Wendy's side salad
Snack -???
Dinner-Chicken Breast with sauteed zucchini

Feel free to critique my menu. ANYONE?? LOL
I can do this. I can do this. I can do this.

Jalene
Old 07-31-2006, 11:07 AM   #7  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Jalene, get more veggies besides salad in there! You also need to include legumes and dairy if you are to be successful on Phase I.
to The Beach!
Old 07-31-2006, 11:12 AM   #8  

Jessie - Technically, carrots aren't allowed until phase 2. And more than likely the crab cakes will have bread crumb fillers. You already know about the corn on the cob. I dont' want to criticize but I do want to make sure you know what is officially allowed so you can make your decision with your eyes open.
Old 07-31-2006, 11:14 AM   #9  

Default Thanks Ruth!!

I need all the help I can get!! I am bad on the legumes part.... UGH! Anyone have any creative ways to disguise them?? I love this forum. I don't know that I will get much else done today because I am so excited about starting this WOE and finding this forum!!
Old 07-31-2006, 11:36 AM   #10  

Jalene - Taco Bake is an easy recipe that uses refried beans but it is all disguised in with the other stuff. Check out the phase 1 recipe section. You can also do chili or make a three bean salad if you like that. Oh, the Kale and Black Bean vegetable side dish is really good too. I use Rotel instead of regular tomatoes in it since I like it spicy. That's a good phase 1 side.
Old 07-31-2006, 11:42 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 183/182/150

Height: 5'7

Hi Everyone,

I started SB on sunday the 30th. I was doing WW but I was allowing myself too much sugar. SB is healthier for me. This is day2 and I can do this! Last time I tried SB I dropped 8 lbs during phase 1. Felt great. even the aches in my feet and joints disappeared, so that told me that my love of sugar really had an impact on my health.

I am starting back at school on the 15th so I will have my phase 1 completed, before I get too busy.

Have a great week everyone,
Kewe
Old 07-31-2006, 11:44 AM   #12  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Thanks, Barb. I missed the carrots and the crab cake problem. Sometimes crab cakes are made with that darned fake crab too which is not allowed.
Old 07-31-2006, 11:44 AM   #13  

Thanks Barb! I never thought of refried beans. I like them! Welcome Kewe!! The more the merrier!!
Jalene
Old 07-31-2006, 11:57 AM   #14  
Recovering Sugarholic

Height: 5'3"

Jalene,
Make sure you buy organic refried beans, the "normal" canned ones are very high in fat! I like Amy's organic ones or often you can find ones made with just black beans and water.

Thanks for the reminders, chicks. Salad was prebagged so it has just a tad of carrot in it, think it will be OK. I will reconsider the crab cakes, although since it's at a nice restaurant I don't think it's fake crab. I know they aren't breaded but you're right, they might have some bread crumbs in them.

Jessie
Old 07-31-2006, 01:40 PM   #15  
Skinny(er) by Thirty?

S/C/G: 192.2/163.8/154/135

Height: 5' 6"

There is a very yummy phase 1 great northern bean recipie on the site here. Also, most nicoise salads have some sort of white bean on them. Yum!

Bad bad me accidentally skipped breakfast this morning (overslept and we would have been late for swimming) but I made up for it with a big healthy lunch.

My abs have been aching the past two days. Maybe from exercising (or biting it hard skating on hockey skates - still have not got the hang of those darn things). Could this be fat burning, or muscle building? I have been trying to do more belly crunches, to keep the feeling (that something is actually working in the midsection) but I really just need to go to the gym this afternoon when ds wakes up from his nap.
Closed Thread