South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 07-31-2006, 01:44 AM   #1  

Default Motivations Monday on the Beach

Morning Gals! I'm having one of my bouts with insomnia... It's 1:30ish I'm having a cuppa vanilla carmel tea to satisfy my sweet tooth.. Hits the spot! I've been surfin the site , reading some folks NSVs and Amazing stories of getting healthy and losing weight to help motivate me-- and today I was able to get into some size 16 jeans without laying on the bed to zip them up! Yay fer me! This week - I will continue with exercise and making healthy food choices! I think Our Kiko runs a weekly behavioral goal ... I'll be adding more specific goals on that thread

Alrighty, time to try to get some shut eye
Old 07-31-2006, 06:39 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Schatzi, if I'd known you were here at that time this morning, I'd have joined you. We could have made it a Pajama Party! I've been having an awful time trying to sleep lately. I hope it's just a phase.
I'm on vacation the whole week! Jake has to work, but I'm going to enjoy just being home by myself and doing just what I want to do. A friend of mine owns her own cleaning business and asked if I'd help her a few days, so I told her I would. That should be fun. I need to make an appointment to get my hair cut and colored, too. Maybe they can get me in today. Gotta run for now, time for Curves. I'll probably check back in a little later.
Old 07-31-2006, 06:55 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 160/147/130

Height: 5'4"

cottagebythesea - a week of vacation! I envy you....enjoy it!! My mom has her own cleaning business too. It IS fun to help herwe use to go for really big subs afterwards though. We'll be needing to make a change to that part of the tradition.

Schatzi - I always wake up at 3:30 am. most of the time I'll go back to sleep but some days i'm just awake. It's so frustrating!! Congratulations on the jeans!!! I tried mine last week. I can get into them but there's the big "mushroom cap" as DF calls it. I'll be so glad when THAT'S gone!!

Big day ahead. Mondays have been really slow with work but today is packed - I hope it setst he tone for the week.

Our car got sick yesterday. Timing belt. Yes, it bent everything in it's path. DF is a mechanic and has been thinking he should change it for 3 weeks but didn't feel like it was urgent. I guess it was. We have a backup car though. And he'll fix this one hopefully in the next week or so. Good thing we didn't sell the back up car yet!! Have a great day all
Old 07-31-2006, 08:03 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning, Fellow Early Chicks.

I was still up at one and could have popped in but bed was looking really good. This Fair stuff is exhausting, especially when you stay until the bitter end! Everyone slept until 6:30 this morning and we've had breakfast, coffee, exfoliated (just me), made today's list, have a laundry on the line and the soaker hoses going. Margo is going to be here shortly with her dog and we'll go for a wee walk before it gets too hot and muggy.

Odds and ends need doing around the house and I will be over at the Office for a bit this afternoon winding up Fair stuff. It was successful in that nobody died and none of the Executive killed each other! Boy, tempers get high under stress! I, of course, am an island of calm in a sea of chaos.

Great title for the daily, Schatzi. I am feeling pretty motivated today too. I have exactly two weeks until I leave for my Indiana Road trip and really want to be back in ONEderland by then. I'm even going to eat FISH! I still draw the line at oatmeal, however. I think by the time you get to be an antique you should be able to stop trying some foods. The jury is still out on Guiness too.

Margo's here so I have to decide which Girl goes for a walk. My knee is still too wonky to handle both critters on the double lead. Catch y'all later!
Old 07-31-2006, 08:09 AM   #5  
Skinny(er) by Thirty?

S/C/G: 192.2/163.8/154/135

Height: 5' 6"

Good Morning! Feeling Great this am! 3 more days of phase 1, then on to phase 2!

My body must've thought I was exercising by osmosis while watching dd at hockey practice yesterday, because I lost again last night. Not bragging, just elated!

I have to drop my car off to be repaired this morning (after swimming lessons for everybody). Not mechanical, cosmetic after that crazy lady drove into me last week.

Have a great Monday!
Old 07-31-2006, 08:45 AM   #6  
Recovering Sugarholic

Height: 5'3"

OK, so I am trying Phase I even in the midst of the moving frenzy. We are mostly in our house now! DH will finish cleaning the apartment up today and we are DONE with apartment life!! (He's a grad student so he's not working right now!) This morning's breakfast with 1/2 cup black beans and 2 farm-fresh eggs from the organic food delivery. Mmm! (Usually I would add some salsa and mozzarella but no food shopping has been done yet in the new place!) Lunch is a big old salad with farm-fresh cuke slices. Might have to supplement with something else from the cafeteria but we shall see. We are going to Carraba's for dinner with my aunt and uncle, but they have awesome crab cakes and also lots of grilled meat choices. It's my favorite restaurant.

Have a great day ladies!

Jessie

P.S. Happy two-year anniversary to me! We already celebrated so it doesn't feel that special today, but it is, right?
Old 07-31-2006, 08:47 AM   #7  
Recovering Sugarholic

Height: 5'3"

P.P.S. It was last year in August-October that I lost 15 lbs on South Beach. As you can see, I didn't keep it off well. Here's to making up those 9 lbs and then adding some more by this October. I am feeling MOTIVATED today Schatzers! Plus the CAWAFEEE is helping!
Old 07-31-2006, 09:02 AM   #8  
Shrinking Mom

S/C/G: Goal Weight:127

Height: 5"

Yawn..
I hope I can catch some of ya'lls perkiness.......
I am feeling discouraged today....seems like my woops the other day has come to haunt me.

I am up 2 pounds

My older boys start school tomorrow so it will be just me and the baby during the day
Old 07-31-2006, 09:17 AM   #9  
Skinny(er) by Thirty?

I need CAWFEE! Luckily, the Y has free, so since we are headed there anyway for swimming lessons, all is soon to be good!
Old 07-31-2006, 09:24 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 238.4/231.6/215/199/140

Height: 5'4"

I feel like quitting, but won't. I just don't understand what I am doing wrong. I am up again on the scale and I swear! I've been following the rules, no cheating AT ALL! Maybe South Beach isn't for me. Maybe I should just go back to the weight watcher points, cause that is the way that I consistantly lose. Today is day 14 and I am at a loss of 2.6 pounds. Something has to be wrong about that.
How can I go to P2 if I am here?
Old 07-31-2006, 10:15 AM   #11  

Good morning!

Sipping on my cawfee waiting for it to kick in! 2 more days of summer break and then it is back to the world of the working for me.

Cottage Happy vacation! Hope you enjoy your week!!

Not a ton planned for the day- finish up some laundry, clean the bathroom, a trip to the library, and a birthday party this evening. My mom is going to watch the baby so I can take big DD to the party. Should be fun- I always enjoy getting to visit with the other parents. I am not the biggest fan of Chuck E Cheese, but oh well.

Have a super day all!
Old 07-31-2006, 10:45 AM   #12  
RNMOM

Default Good morning

Had a nice lazy weekend! Good to see so many on this morning. It's hard to believe that it's time to make monthly goals ALREADY! It's also amazing that I can take a great phase one weight loss of 10.5 pounds and turn it upside down in a week! I seem to be the kind of person that can't handle any carbs at all. I'm trying to find my zone and get in gear. Last night I realized that if I don't get to my goal AND SOON, the holidays will be here then I'll really struggle to behave! I need to see some success!

Kiko, I'm sorry you only have two more days of summer! It doesn't seem normal to be thinking about going back to school already! My dd will be a sophomore.......give me strength!

Scully, hang on! I don't have any answers for you especially since I've messed up so many times, but maybe your body is just hanging on until it knows you're serious

3bibs,

JessieW, moving and dieting???? You are my hero! You can do it! Happy Anniversary...it IS special!

Louren, can I sit by you???? I need some osmosis!

Ruth, glad your sanity is intact and you made it through the fair. I'm sure it was wonderful and hopefully people said thank you to you! Have fun on your road trip, sounds like just what you need.....I'm having a Thelma and Louise vision....................

grasshopper, cars of course you probably didn't have anything else to do with your time and money. Sorry

cottage, a week off.... COOL. Cleaning with a friend......?????? Honey, a week off means books, long walks in the park, shopping, laying in the grass.....cleaning? Be sure you don't go back to work exhausted.

Schatzi, sorry sleepyhead, I thought that insomnia was my thing. I hate being awake when I know I'm supposed to sleep. Maybe you can get a little nappy. Congrats on the jeans.

Speaking of jeans, mine have gotten more and more snug and I'm unhappy with me. I was going to quit coming to the site because I feel like a hypocrit even reading it. But I'm committed to NOT go back to wear I was. If I could figure out how to post pictures I could show a before and after. Pretty amazing. Anyway, I'm carrying those pictures in my planner and on my fridge. I won't buy bigger clothes and I got rid of my other stuff, so it's either get my stuff together or go nekked, and that's not a pretty thought.
Thanks for sharing successes and discouragement. You all motivate me!
Old 07-31-2006, 11:25 AM   #13  

This was not a good weekend for me diet-wise. I was at a party for 5 hours on Saturday and the food was hotdogs. Then we went to a friend's house yesterday where the menu was also hotdogs. At least there I could bring OP buns as well as my catsup and my relish. I'm hoping at least a little comes off before my August weigh-in tomorrow morning since TOM will be here today, I'm not counting on it. I will just deal with it and adjust my ticker tomorrow.

I have decided that after the weekend I am not going to eat hotdogs at the National Night Out neighborhood party tomorrow night. I am bringing South Beach coleslaw but I will eat something OP first and stay away from the food table.

My motivation is back and I've posted my weekly behavior goals to include staying 100% OP. That's what it is going to take.
Old 07-31-2006, 12:52 PM   #14  
beachbum

Hi Ladies

Well this morning I started my new low carb diet,and its actually Phase 1 again. Not Phase 1.5 [1 bread or 1 fruit]like I did in the past but very low carbing,even limiting my veggies.Hope it works!! this time around.I really believe that my weight gaining is due to the bread/grain food group. Some how my body chemcials have changed and bread just like potatoes is a NONO if I don't want to gain.

I also sign up with fitday,so I can see my progress cuting my carbs and add more protein to my menus. Hope it works,as Its really getting frustrating being on the beach for 3 years and have nothing to show for it. I started 3 yrs ago=158 and now today I'm 153. I'm gaining and now I see why Bread/grains & potatoes/corn have to go.

Hugs BB
Old 07-31-2006, 01:24 PM   #15  
Skinny(er) by Thirty?

rnmom - yeah you can osmosis exercise with me, you just have to be able to cheer VERY LOUDLY for the ONLY girl out on the ice. I love how brave dd is. Some girls would say no way. Not my princess. And if there is any doubt, she is so not a tomboy, her favorite clothes are dresses, favorite color is pink, and always carries her purse and wears bows. She just loves hockey!
Closed Thread