South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 07-29-2006, 11:29 AM   #1  
determined chick

S/C/G: 213/191/125

Height: 5'

Unhappy Starting Phase 1...yet again.

I have been having such a hard time to finish phase 1. I don't just end up going to phase 2, I end up blowing it all. I do well on weekdays, but when it comes to the weekend I can't seem to stay motivated.

I usually start phase 1 on Mondays, which I think may be my problem. So today is Saturday, and I decided to start off fresh today. Since I usually do well when I start off on phase 1 I figure if I start off on a day that I usually struggle, I will be able to stick with it.

I've been told that maybe I should just switch to phase 2. However, I really need phase 1, not only to lose a few pounds quickly, but to get rid of my sugar and carb cravings.

I'm back to my highest weight of 213, so I need to do this not only for appearances, but for my health. I am only 5'0, so this really isn't a healthy weight for me. I know I can do this because I did SBD before and went down to 168, but depression and stress took over again and the weight kept creeping up. I hardly noticed until I weight myself and was over 200 again.

Does anyone have good suggestions to stay on track and stay motivated?

Chantal
Old 07-29-2006, 12:32 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 238.4/231.6/215/199/140

Height: 5'4"

Dear Inspired
I know what you mean! I have been on and off since January! I am hoping for and working on changing to SB and it will be the thing to keep me going.

You're not alone, and remember the old addage try and try again. Eventually, you will find the thing that works for YOU and you will get there.

It's better to try then to just give up! Be proud of yourself!
Old 07-29-2006, 01:34 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 330/315/154

Height: 5'6

It took me a series of false starts before I finally got it right. Good luck to both of you. To make u want to start Phase 1, let me tell u about my progress thus far. 9lbs in 6 days.
Old 07-30-2006, 11:07 AM   #4  
determined chick

S/C/G: 213/191/125

Height: 5'

Thanks for the encouragement guys. I did really well yesterday, and I know I can do this! Last time I did SBD I lost 13 lbs in 2 weeks. I was doing water aerobics as well. They only have it twice a week now, so I'm going to be starting that, as well as doing a lot of walking and biking.

I am setting mini-goals as well and will give myself mini-rewards when met. Once I reach my first mini-goal I plan on getting a mystic tan once a week. There's skin cancer in my family so I don't want to take any chances with the real deal.

Thanks again guys. I'm glad we're all in this together!
Old 07-30-2006, 11:49 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 330/315/154

Height: 5'6

Your welcome.
Closed Thread