Closed Thread

Old 12-04-2001, 08:20 AM   #1  
Long Lost Chickie

Default The Thin Group #68

Hello and welcome to the Thin Group! We are a great group of ladies (but men are welcome if there are any who care to join us) who have one thing in common. We are all working together toward our goal of being healthier in our daily lifestyles and to lose weight in 2000. There are all different ages and backgrounds here and we all have different ways of losing our weight. We all love to have fun and laugh, but we also give a lot of support, encouragement and motivation for one another. Please feel free to post with us - just jump right in and believe me, you will be welcomed with open arms. The more the merrier!

Please feel free to check out our website and learn more about us at: www.geocities.com/hotsprings/sauna/4797

Yeah, OK, I stole from Ms. CJ. But she is the queen after all!! Hope you don't mind, your majesty!!!
Old 12-04-2001, 08:34 AM   #2  
Long Lost Chickie

Ok, now that I've done all that, starting new thread and all, it suddenly occurs to me that maybe I shouldn't have. Was it 29 posts before a new one? Or 39?? Oh well, if I screwed up, you'll forgive me right??

Peggy, I just realized that you turned 50 in September! I turned 40 on September 19th. And you know what else? Your b-day is the same day as my Rich's! I knew I liked you, girlie!!

I was good last night everyone. And I've decided I'm NOT getting on the scale this week until weigh-in. I'll just have to rely on my good judgement and not worry so much about the numbers. I was getting obsessed!! Last night I got up around 2AM to go to the bathroom (go figure) and found myself thinking about going in and getting on the scale. That's just nuts.

I did get on the treadmill last night and did about a mile and a quarter in half an hour. Not fabulous but certainly not the little quarter mile in 10 minutes and then off like I used to do. Tonight I think we might go out for a "real" walk since the weather's being really cooperative. Supposed to hit 65+ today and 70 tomorrow. Both would be record-setting temperatures if we get there. Wish it could stay this warm all winter long.

Chinese food for lunch today but I had a very light breakfast and have a light dinner planned for tonight. I also plan to drink plenty of water so that should help. I read all the WW books to see which chinese food had the least points, etc. so I think I know what I'm going to eat. (It's a chinese buffet.) I think a big key is going to be just eating slowly, taking only a little on my plate at a time and spending more time chatting and enjoying the company rather than eating eating eating.

I'm trying to look at this as a personal challenge to see how well I can do instead of fretting and "just knowing" I'm going to do badly, etc. I don't want to have to give up lunches out and parties and the occasional pizza or dessert! Send me good vibes!!!

Gotta run. Time to start the work day. Yuck. But you gotta do what you gotta do.

Much love to you all!
Jo.
Old 12-04-2001, 10:33 AM   #3  
Conquering with SBD

Jo, it's so good to hear that you have a plan for lunch today. I think that is important to keep you from going nuts and to not feel guilty after. I really think that we have this concept of what is acceptable "diet" food and that pizza and sweets are not acceptable food, so when we have some, we feel guilty afterward. Don't beat yourself up over that, just plan to have what you enjoy, within your points, or even better, within your banked points. You will do fine, just remember that you have a plan and that doesn't mean that if you enjoy special meals you need to feel guilty after. Enjoy and don't feel guilty.

Here are more coincidences - My hubby's birthday (his name is Bill) is on Sept. 19. He also has a twin, so there are 3 of you on Sept. 19. One of my kids was also born on my birthday, so there are three of us on Sept. 14. LOL.

I am so jealous of your weather. I woke up to -19 this morning. It is really getting cold out now. We normally have a 2 or 3 weeks of -30 around Christmas. Not my favorite time of year. One year we travelled from Thailand to Canada a few days before Christmas. When we left Thailand, it was +34 C and we arrived in Canada to -35C - all in the space of 18 hours. What an adjustment on top of jet lag. I'm trying to convince hubby to take a trip to warm climate, but he has been on planes so much this past year that he just wants to sit at home in the cold. I just don't get it, but then I can never claim to understand the workings of the male mind. LOL

I am trying to plan for a dinner out tomorrow evening, but haven't been doing very well with banking points. So far this week, I have, let me see, 0 points banked. I think it will be salad and a chicken breast at the restaurant tomorrow. Oh well, I like that just as well as most things. I have a luncheon on Friday, also, and that will be turkey dinner with all the fixin's. I will need to plan for extra points for that meal instead, because I won't have the flexibility to order something lite off the menu. I have 4 days to save points, so should be in good shape by Friday. Then there are 2 days to recover before WI. LOL.

My mother has been very nasty with the family lately. She leaves nasty voice mail messages and tells lies about the family behind our backs and throws temper tantrums when she doesn't get her own way. Actually, she has always thrown temper tantrums when she doesn't get her own way. Before we went away in September, she left a voice mail message on our phone telling us that we shouldn't bother to look for her when we got back because she was selling her house and moving away. She also phoned all my friends and the rest of the family to tell them I was a horrible person and that my kids were horrible people. Then Sept. 11 happened and she was suddenly concerned about us travelling to the Middle East. She even phoned the president of the college that I work for and gave him an earful. How embarrassing... Anyway, we have decided to go away for Christmas. I just can't deal with this over the holidays. It's way too much stress.

Hubby just called in the middle of this and told me that he has to go to the Middle East at the beginning of January. Has to be there Jan. 6, so will need to leave Canada about the 2nd or 3rd. I would love to go, but the last child living at home told us he is moving out Jan. 1. There's mixed emotions. Yippeee, I can keep the house clean now and don't have a trail of his stuff everywhere. Oh no, I can't travel because I have no one to look after the house and the animals. Hmmm. I guess I can send my shopping list with hubby...just as long as he has the credit cards, it will be fine.

I guess I better be getting to work. I have a ton of stuff to do and just can't seem to make any headway...wonder why that is? Have a great week everyone. Take care.
Old 12-04-2001, 12:59 PM   #4  
Taking It A Day At A Time

Default Sassy

Geeeeeezzzzze OK OK Jello I am coming back. I saw that you want my butt back in here. But no time to post right now, on my way out. But have lots to tell so will post later on tonight.

Just thought I would let you guys know I haven't forgotten about you and have been reading all your posts. So will post later on and rest assured it will be a loooooooooooooooooooooooooong one since I haven't posted since before Thanksgiving. Oh you guys can wait can't you? LOL

Thanks for missing me guys.

Till later, love ya, Sharon
Old 12-04-2001, 01:51 PM   #5  
Mistress of My Universe

Default Hi Everyone :)

Hi Everyone!

So I haven't been an angel this week either, but I haven't done too bad on the other half

Friday, my darling boyfriend took me out to dinner at the Outback to celebrate a terrific paycheck with his new job. I DID have some of those scrumptious fries as an appetizer, but not as many as normal. And then I had the steak and veggie griller which is just that--veggies, some steak, and rice. I didn't really eat the steak, just the veggies. Saturday I did okay, but we were babysitting my Mom's kids, my sisters, so I had pizza that night. My Mom was rendez-vousing with my Dad who had just returned from his TDY in Italy. She surprised him with dinner and a romantic night at a hotel So me and Chris had kid watching duty.

So the next morning, we took the girls' to the hotel and surprised them with their dad. They didn't know he was coming home so early in December, so we took them to breakfast and he walked up on them. It was sweet.

So with all of this cheating, I lost .5 pounds instead of the whole pound I should have lost. So I am now drinking water, water. I'm doing pretty good at the water business and getting to the gym. I DID go yesterday, so tomorrow is my next day. I try Mon, Wed, and Friday, but so far, I've only been getting out there twice a week. I'm hoping for 3 times this week

Just wanted to check in and say hi
Old 12-05-2001, 02:31 AM   #6  

Default Wow Sharon is back! he he

Hi Jo, Peggy, Motivated Kitten - and wait a minute - is that, could it be---- Sassy Sharon? Woo Hoo. Can't wait for that long entry girl...

I'm bad, I'm bad, you know it...

Well the lastest over here is that bf has not been asked to be a groomsman for one of his, like two closest friends. Instead they want him to be MC. And he'll be a good MC, but I know why he has been asked to do that - that picky gf (fiance now) of his mate. Grrrrr.

Health-wise doing better. Not great, but better. Oh and I started up a diet journal at fitday like kitten has. It's much easier to use than other ones I've seen.

On the scales on the gym yesterday I was back down to 146, I don't know why - I've not been very good! Perhaps I'd been carrying some water.

Anyways, have to go now but I'll be sure to be back more often. As of yesteray I work by myself. Yep, me, in an office surrounded by empty desks. Must remember to take some CDs to work!

Love to all
Sam
179/146/130
Old 12-05-2001, 10:33 AM   #7  
Long Lost Chickie

No time! I'm taking this afternoon off to go shopping!!! It's supposed to go up to 72 degrees with sunshine and it's entirely too nice to be sitting in an office! Too nice to be inside a mall too so I'm going to run around and spend lots of money in many different stores. Spread the wealth, that's what I always say!

Last night for dinner (after half an hour on the treadmill ) I had the best french onion soup!!! It was made with onions, (duh!) broth, seasonings, light bread and fat free mozzarella. I stuffed myself with it! Later, I had just a scoop of fat free chocolate ice cream which I probably could have lived without but here's the big deal ...

I wasn't hungry so I didn't eat!!!!!! What a concept!!! Instead of sitting in front of the TV, munching and snacking, I watched some TV, read some of my book, drank a bottle of water and went to bed. (Got up a few times during the night though. Oh, that water!)

Still haven't gotten on my scale and hope to keep avoiding it at least until Saturday morning. Big challenge coming because a bunch of us are going out after work on Friday. I'm thinking Diet Coke (OK, maybe ONE beer) and skipping the fried munchies. I'm up to the challenge, I swear!

OK, so now I'm going to close this post and just sit here and hold my breath waiting for a nice long post from Ms. Sassy. Hum de dum, here I sit, wanted to go shop but had to wait for Ms. Sassy instead, ho hum, dum de dum...... Sigh.

Just kidding Sharon!!! Write when you have the time!! Just miss your face in this place, that's all!

Hope you all have a good one!
Jo.

P.S. Have to rustle up some lunch while I shop. Going to be tough. Have to drive PAST the McD's and avoid any food courts and candy aisles. Hm.... Still worrying over that. I'll report back on how I did tomorrow.
Old 12-05-2001, 12:06 PM   #8  
Conquering with SBD

Hi everyone. Just checking in to see how everyone is doing. I'm not doing very well. The weight has gone up this week - it's that TOM for me, so will need to live with the bloating and stuff for another couple of days. Hopefully, my weight will adjust by WI on Monday and I will be down a big bunch. I'm being very good with stay OP this week, so that should help.

I laughed last night because hubby was making supper and asked how many potatoes I wanted. I told him about a cup and went back to what I was doing. When he served supper, my potatoes were in three littles piles on my plate that were the exact shape of the 1/3 c. measuring cup. Parsley flakes sprinkled on top. That boy is learning things... I don't know what I would do if I had to go back to the 20 year old model. LOL.

Jo - I am sooooo jealous of your weather. Woke up to -19 this morning. Vehicle finally started to warm up as we pulled into the parking lot at work. I hate winter, I don't like being cold... Buut, now that hubby is going away in January, I was thinking that I should maybe take a jaunt down to Vegas for a weekend. What do y'all think of that? Jo, you did so well last night. I discovered that I don't feel like eating in the evenings when I am drinking enough water. It really is amazing when you discover that you can pass up the snacks because you don't feel like having any. Keep it up. Wishing you the best on eating out on Friday.

Sharon - We're all waiting for some news. I have lots of time to devote to reading a loooooooong post.

Sam - You are doing well with your weight loss. Back down to 146. You don't have much further to go...another 16 pounds. WOW! Won't that feel good after Christmas? There is a bonus to your bf being the MC. You won't be sitting alone at the reception. LOL. How is the job going? Do you know if you will be laid off, yet? Here's hoping that everything works out for you.

Motivated Kitten - Good work on going to the gym. We have a gym, weight room and swimming pool here at work, but I seldom get down there to use it. I think up to now, I felt too self-conscious because I didn't want other staff members to see me working out. After Christmas (my New Year's Resolution), I will sign up with one of the personal fitness trainers and get some expert advice on what I need to do to firm up and get the bod moving.

CJ - Where are you? Haven't heard from you for a long time. Check in, we're all missin ya.

Take care, keep up the great work everyone. Bye.

Luv,
Old 12-05-2001, 08:00 PM   #9  

Hey Peggy, we weigh the same! Cool. You have a loer goal than me though, how tall are you? And good on you for having a resolution that is both a reward for your hard work, and that will only help you to get healthier and fell even more fantabalistic than you do now. Mind you with your loss to date, you must be feeling great!

Jo, you are doing very well on your treadmill aren't you? And yay the no snacking - I need to learn that. I eat at least half of my calories after 5.30pm. I'm such a night snacker. Good luck on staying off the scales and Friay night being on track. Let's see you offically leave the I was Up Club this Saturday hey?

CJ, are at the cabin? How long til we get to see some photos?

Well as of today I work by myself. No plans as yet to close down the office it seems. I've been by myself for one morning and already I'm lonely and miserable. Really, really need a new job. Pity this place pays so well, i'm sure to have to take a $ cut.

Anyways I'm gymming at lunch - just a weights class and hopefully we'll go for a walk this afternoon. That will be 4 days exercise in a row and I'm now day 9 no bingeing - yay!

Hugs and seasons cheer to all!
Sam
179/146/130
Old 12-06-2001, 12:13 AM   #10  
Taking It A Day At A Time

Default OK guys, ready or not here I come.

I'm baaaaaack! First of all Jello is a BRAT for starting the new thread. But I guess that's what we all get for not being around. So on second thought, you are just a little BRAT. HA HA

The weather today was beautiful and it got up to 72 degree's. Today when I went walking it was so nice with short sleeves, and no coat and I saw all the Christmas lights and everyone's house all decorated and could not believe that it could be so nice here in Indiana on Dec 5th. Man I could get used to this. LOL Oh sorry Peggy, I am not trying to rub it in or anything and how about I send some of this nice weather to you in Alberta? Believe me if I could bottle this and send it to you I would. Don't worry Peggy, this won't last, soon winter will be here and we will be shoveling snow too.

OK now you know that CJ told you that I joined the ranks of the"Up Club" and that I did. I went to my WW meeting the Monday after Thanksgiving and had a gain of 5.8 lbs. We ate out a really lot during the time and although I did pretty good I thought on Thanksgiving day, the eating out and not drinking my water or getting any exercise in did me in. But now for the good news, when I went to my WW meeting this past Monday I had worked really hard getting back on track, drinking ALL my water, back to exercising and following my program and I am happy to report that I had a loss of 6.4 lbs so that makes up for my gain and a bit more. Man I was trying to lose at LEAST half of my weight gain, but I am a happy camper right now. Now to keep on going in the right direction and I will be doing the happy dance for sure. I guess now I am out of the "Up Club" and so glad to be out of it.

Motivated Kitten-Hi Tricia, I want to give you a warm welcome. I am so glad you liked our wonderful group and decided to join us. You will love this group as I do. We will really help you out in your weight loss quest. We have a great group and have alot of fun as you will see. Wow good for you in losing those 30 lbs, only 20 more to go is fantastic. Way to go! I like the way you are going about your weight loss, watching what you eat and exercising is the right idea. Also that is a good idea to have a free day where you eat what you want, and I do the same thing. Monday, my Weight Watcher weigh in day is the day I usually can have what I have been dreaming about. It gives me something to look forward to and if I want something I just tell myself to wait till Monday to have it and it gives me something to look forward to. It works cause I am about halfway to my goal and have lost about 35 lbs and you have lost 30 lbs so whatever works right? You did well this week too with the half a pound weight loss. Keep on doing what you are doing.

sweet tooth-Wow good for you getting your own personel trainer at work, that will be sure to help. Let us know how it goes. You are doing awesome with you weight loss, almost 40 lbs is great. See people are noticing you weight loss already. Thanks for the variation on the WW soup, will have to try your version. Sorry that your Mom is doing what she is doing. I don't blaim you for going away on Christmas, I would too. Hope things take a turn for the better where she is concerned. I know it must be hard for you and your family. I guess no one explained about Black Friday did they? Well that is the day after Thanksgiving and it is the BUSIEST shopping day of the year. They have so many great sales so alot of people want to stay out of the stores on that day.

Jello-Hey Jo, thanks for missing me, I really missed you guys too but have been reading all of your posts so I have been lurking around here. LOL You are doing a great job of your walking. Up and down the hill is good for you, even if you are being pulled by your scarf by Rich. LOL I love my Monday weigh in, it really keeps me on program on the weekend. At first I was like "No way do I want a Monday weigh in, how about a Thursday or Friday one" LOL But now I really am glad I go on Mondays. Maybe you could do like Peggy says and weigh in at the Monday one or at least go to a meeting and see how you like it. It may be a good one to go to too.

Carolyn-Hey girl, so glad you are back around here. You are a site for sore eyes. Wow good for you losing those 33 pounds. WHOO HOO! Also that is great that you have been going to your gym and doing all that exercise. That will really help big time. Keep up the good work! Thanks for the cold corn salad recipe. It sounds yummy. I will have to give it a try. Your Thanksgiving dinner with everyone really sounds like it went well. And MY GOSH, you sure have earned your halo with your ex there to be with the kids. That was so thoughtful of you. Good job on staying on program at your pot luck too.

CJ-Yes I too had so much fun with your visiting Ken and myself. I really enjoyed lunch at Cracker Barrel so much. I think the boys, Dan and Alan enjoyed it too. I know you were tickeled when they both gave you a big hug when we left. See they do love you too! Hurry up with the pictures of Dawn's wedding, I just can't wait to see them. Hope your weigh in this week goes well for you. I know you will get that weigh off, I did and I know you will too.

Dreamer-Hey Sam I know you must be so excited about your Christmas break. I know you are needing it. How did your tree decorating with Charlotte go? That is great "baby's first Christmas" always is. You sure sound like a lonlely girl at your work, hope things work out for you. You are doing fantastic on your exercise girl. Yaaaaaaaa for you! I am proud of you for all you are doing.

OK guys I really missed all of you's so much and will try to post more. This group has really turned around and look how much support we are giving each other. I can see how motivated-even during the holidays-we have become and I am proud of each and every one of you's.

Take care and talk to you later, Love ya, Sassy Sharon

Last edited by Sassy; 12-06-2001 at 08:26 AM.
Old 12-06-2001, 08:28 AM   #11  
Long Lost Chickie

I'm back at work. Yuck. Left at 1:30 yesterday afternoon and went out and spent lots of money. It was about 70 degrees and very weird to be Christmas shopping in short sleeves and no coat! Know what I had for lunch? A Subway 6 inch turkey sandwich, some Wow chips and a Diet Coke. Sandwich had no cheese, mayo or oil and was on wheat. Grand total for lunch was 6 WW points. And delicious! I think I probably walked off at least a point or two.

Got home a little before 5 and had time to wrap some of Rich's presents before he got home. He swears he won't snoop but I'm not sure I trust him completely!

Still haven't gotten on the scale but I think I'm doing pretty good. Had a salad for dinner last night. Just not hungry. .... Who said that!?!?! Actually, when I started shopping yesterday, my stomach was growling. But I got into money-spending mode and simply forgot about being hungry!! Pretty cool!

Now I have to get back to work. It's amazing how it all piles up even when you're only gone a couple hours. Oh, I really need to ask the boss for a raise!

Almost forgot! Guess what I got in the mail when I got home. Officially notarized court documents from my lawyer that say I've got my maiden name back!!!!! Woooo Hooooo!!!!!! Now I just have to start sending copies to Social Security, Dept. of Motor Vehicles, Visa, my bank, etc. etc. etc. Could be a long process but what a great Christmas gift!!!

Hope you all have a good day!
Much love, Jo.
Old 12-06-2001, 09:43 AM   #12  
CJ
Pending Email Confirmation

S/C/G: 184/172/130

Height: 5'4

Default Here I am ....

Hello everyone. Sorry I have not been around for a while but I have gotten myself into a "funk"!!!!! I've been trying like crazy to get back to journaling every day cuz that is my "secret" to success and I've been hit and miss! So here I am for a big dose of SUPPORT from my special buds (that be you guys). I didn't make it for WI yesterday but my scale here at the cabin said I did not get rid of those 2 lbs yet! I've not even been getting in my full water quoata and I know that is why! So after I post here I am going to get busy and drown my sorrows in my big WW 32 oz guzzler!!! LOL

I have been doing journaling online but got away from that while we were in Indiana and Kansas ... so forget the month of Nov .. have been working on my December month this morning. But, what I am going to do is start a food journal thread here hoping that will get me going again. I do hope some of you will join in with me and post what you have had for the day!

Dreamer: I'll have to wait until I get home and on my computer there to put my disc in for the wedding pics. I don't have the software program on this computer at the cabin. Also, I didn't take pics of the actual wedding ceremony - we couldn't do flash pics during ceremony but will have them as soon as the photographer gets them to my daughter. Be patient, they are coming! My, you sound so lonely at work! Sorry about that. I hope you have a very wonderful 1st xmas with your little one!

Jo: Looks like you're getting out of the "I was up" club! Guess I better get busy - don't want to be left behind! Thanks for posting on the updates. You know, it doesn't matter if you get weighed on Saturday ... that goes on to the Friday posting tho ... then your next Saturday will go onto the following Friday ... so let me know after your WI so I can put everyone together for our big grand total of lbs GONE FOREVER! OK? OK!

Peggy: You are doing great - we were at the same wt at one time but you have passed me up! I really got a laugh at the 3 piles of mashed potatoes on your plate! That is soooooo cute!

Sharon: Glad everything is going great for you! Way to go on that big wt drop! Maybe next week I will be down too! Give my love to everyone there and Monica too! Did you get your other blue bottle yet? Talk to ya soon.

OUR WEBSITE: I have been working a bit to update our website ... I do have a December page up now and some xmas music on the site. I need to update birthdays so need b'days of the newbies. Peggy, I think your's is Sept 14? My son and brother's birthday is on Sept 13th. Anyways, back to the website ... on the xmas page there is a spot about members xmas traditions ... if you want me to add one for you email me with it and I will add it on. If you want to add anything to the website (poems, inspirations, your biography, your picture, etc) please email me the info and I will add it. I made this site for our group and don't want it to just sit there "dead". Thanks

Well, got to go get dressed. Our weather was up to 67 yesterday too - but I think the wind is blowing in a storm (expecting some snow maybe). Actually, I would love to have snow ... snow up here at the cabin is so beautiful!

Talk to you soon. Love you guys!
CJ

Last edited by CJ; 12-06-2001 at 09:47 AM.
Old 12-06-2001, 11:08 PM   #13  
Mistress of My Universe

Default Hi Everyone

Hi all!

Well, I don't know why, but the evening always kills me at work no matter how good I've been. I had an english muffin for breakfast, a salad for lunch with a kiwi fruit and then, before we closed, I had a piece of banana nut chocolate chip bread. Durnit--why am I soo tempted? So tonight, I came home and had a plate of spaghetti with plain sauce. I guess I can't beat myself up too bad though, it's a piece of bread. LOL with tons of sugar and chocolate chips too

Anyways, I have a mini goal for 149 on Wednesday for my weigh in. I'm floating around 151 right now, so 2 pounds couldn't hurt!

Talk to ya'll later.
Old 12-07-2001, 09:29 AM   #14  
Long Lost Chickie

Good morning and TGIF! It's been a stressful week at work. But I HAVE NOT eaten because of it. There are too many other reasons to eat! Seriously, I'm quite pleased with the "that bozo is not going to make me eat!!" attitude I've adopted this week. Hm, should just think about work all weekend and that will keep me from overdoing it, right? NOT!!

Spent a little time on the treadmill last night but was dying to just stand under the hot shower for a while, then get all warm and toasty in my "scruffies" and snuggle up on the sofa for the evening. And that's exactly what I did. Polished off the last of Rich's fabulous fat-free french onion soup and that was it.

Rich spent most of the evening out shopping for something (he refused to tell me what) and when he got home he locked himself in a room with wrapping paper, scissors and tape. This morning there's a big stack of presents in the living room!!!! But I've promised not to snoop ... much.

I still have a little Christmas shopping to do myself but I'm mostly done. Good thing too since the weather's finally starting to think about turning winter-cold here. Dropped down to (gasp!) 62 today!! Sorry Peggy, just had to tease you a little.

Within the next half an hour, they're serving the monthly birthday cake in the cafeteria. I've decided to stay right here at my desk until all danger has passed. Tonight out with the gang is going to be all diet coke and no munchies. I have a salad for lunch and WW soup planned for dinner. These are my plans. Hope that it all pays off tomorrow at weigh-in. Still haven't checked my scale at home.

CJ, sorry to hear you're in a funk. Could it be the winter blues coming on? I know that I've been fighting them. But the water and journaling is sure to help. I'm OK with the water but have to force myself to count my points and write them down. I'm not out of that UP club yet!

Motivated Kitten, you sound like me and Dreamer. I'm such an evening eater too. But I've found that if I eat a little more during the day, I'm not as hungry at night. You sound like me with the breads too. Love that pasta!!! It's the italian in me.

Sam, sounds kind of lonely at your office. Although I must admit there are days when I would kill for that kind of peace and quiet to get my work done. Still, I don't think I'd like it every day. I've been in here on the weekends when practically no one else was around and it was downright creepy. But at least no one could hear me singing along with the radio.

Ah, Ms. Sassy! So good to hear from you (read you) again! Don't be such a stranger!

Peggy, I laughed when I pictured your little potato sculptures from your hubby!! Hey, at least he's got the right idea! And you know exactly how much you're eating! If it works...

Guess I'd better go. Got a major project dumped in my lap yesterday and it has to be done by Tuesday. I had planned to take Monday off but looks like it's not going to happen now. Oh well, such is life.

Send me vibes tomorrow morning for weigh-in????
Much love to you all!
Jo.
Old 12-07-2001, 10:45 AM   #15  
Conquering with SBD

I'm checking in quickly to wish everyone a wonderful OP weekend. I don't have much time just now, but I had a terrible day yesterday. Turkey dinner in the cafeteria at lunch, then evening snacking last night. I just couldn't stop myself.

Today is a new day, so I am wanting to stay OP until WI on Monday. Hopefully the worst I will see is staying at the same weight. I may even have to work on the treadmill over the weekend. LOL

The other thing I want to mention is that I have posted a weekly challenge for next week. Are you curious? If the answer to that is "Yes," then you will need to read the challenge yourself. By the way, while you are there, be sure to sign up for it. (hehehe)

Gotta go now.

Luv,
Closed Thread