South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 07-29-2006, 07:59 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default The Weekend! July 29 & 30

Hi Chickies! Just popping in before I take off for another fun-filled day at Delta Fair! (Can you hear the sarcasm?) Actually things are going pretty well after a rough start. At the end of the Fair, it's tradition that all the Directors get onto the Bumpy Car ride and smash out their frustrations. I'd love to camcord it this year!

My sister and I are meeting for breakfast and then I'll let us into the Exhibit Hall for a private showing. She wants to take pictures of some of the kiddies' artwork to use as quilt ideas. The Hall doesn't open to the public until ten so we'd better get going.

Here's to a good weekend for us all! Memo to Self: Remember to lose six pounds by August! Yeah, right!
Old 07-29-2006, 08:44 AM   #2  

It's Time to Seize the Day Chicks

Ruth: I would love to see you all on the Bumper car ride.. How Fun!! Enjoy the day!

Kiko: Just devastating news. My heart goes out to you and them

DH and I are heading out shortly on a Land Hunt... We can't find anything we like so we thought we'd look around for a few acres and build... It also gives us an opportunity to explore our new home state.

London Broil 1/2 baked potato and a big salad is on fer dinner!
Old 07-29-2006, 09:37 AM   #3  

Ruth - That bumper car thing sounds like fun to watch. Have a great day and avoid the fair food.

schatzi - Good luck with the hunt. I've never built a house.

Kiko - How terrible for the family! There are so many deadly car crashes around here.

I made it to the gym last night. 45 minutes on the stationary bike and I feel great. I'm in my workout clothes and planning on making the Powerflex class this morning. I know it will be really hard since I haven't been in months but it's not going to get easier until I get back to doing it regularly. I will use lighter weights though.

I'm taking Brian to a birthday pool party this afternoon. I need some of that to avoid the food that I'm sure will be there. I didn't do so well avoiding the donuts at work. It was system administrator day and they brought in tons of donuts. Oh, well, today is a new day and I will move forward and stay OP at this party.
Old 07-29-2006, 11:13 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Hi everyone, just popping in for a quickie.
Ruth, that sounds like fun on the Bumper cars! Last week when we went to Dutch Wonderland I think the grown-ups had a lot more fun than the little ones on the Bumper cars. It sure is a great way to work out those fustrations!
Schatzi, have a fun day searching out just the perfect plot of land, how exciting to be able to place your house just right to take in the views and catch the sun.
Barb, why is it with us, that the closer we get to our goal, the harder it gets to avoid temptation? It seems we've both been struggling a lot lately when we should have reached our goal weight months ago. Have fun at the pool party today!

We have to go pick up Caite from French camp shortly. Monica came out yesterday afternoon and stayed over. Little Carley has become very attached to me and didn't want Mommy to take over yet!
Gotta run, someone is calling me.
Old 07-29-2006, 12:30 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 238.4/231.6/215/199/140

Height: 5'4"

After taking my measurements, I decided it was time to burn some fat!

Just boppin by to say that I got on the treadmill, aka the Dreadmill! Burned an outstanding 250 calories for 35 minutes! Now, I am off for lunch and chores for this toasty Saturday afternoon.

Hope everyone is having a great day!
Old 07-29-2006, 01:15 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 378/363/150

Height: 5'3"

Hi Chickies,

Sounds like you all have a full weekend ahead of you!

We're doing some deep cleaning around our house. It has to be done!

Hopped on the scale this morning as I had predetermined Saturdays to be my official weigh-in days. Much to my amazement, I was down six pounds! And yesterday when I snuck on the scale I wasn't down. Hubby is down eight pounds and he only has 35 pounds to lose.

Plus, the REAL thing is that we're both feeling so good! Hurray for feeling good! And I think prior, I wasn't eating enough food. After yesterday of making sure that I ate all five to six times we're supposed to, I did NOT get hungry at all and in fact, felt like I was cheating somehow. I love that.

Have a fantastic weekend, ladies!!!
Old 07-29-2006, 02:28 PM   #7  
Future Belly Dancer

S/C/G: 234

Height: 5'7"

Hey everyone! I haven't been by for a couple of days. Been busy and having problems with the diet. On Wednesday, I had a blood sugar low even after eating a good sized lunch AND snack. I wasn't prepared for it, I didn't bring any more food. My boss gave me the choice of an apple or a snickers. I chose the apple.

It's not allowed on phase 1, but it's fine. I felt better and have not had carb cravings since the friggen apple except for yesterday when DH wanted to go out for dinner and a movie. I convinced him to go to outback because I knew I would find something to eat there. I had a sirloin steak, green beans and a sweet potatoe, with a ceasar salad (No crutons!). I ate my steak and my beans, had one bite of the potatoe and let DH finish it off.

We went to Walgreens to get candy and drinks to sneak it. (I'm not paying those theater prices!) I got a caffine free coke, he got his sour gummies so I wouldn't be tempted to get into his candy. I got some sugar free candy. Sweet n low coconut clusters. Well, stupid me, the movie was so good, I wasn't paying attention to what I was doing and I had eaten 6 of those candies.

We saw Lady in the Water. It was GOOD!

I have been having problems with the South Beach diet with stomach aches and so I have modified my fat intake a little carefully and am doing better. It may not be 100 percent south beach, but I am delighted to report that I have LOST 6 POUNDS SINCE SUNDAY!!! WOO-HOO!!!

I have been working out faithfully, though I did not today and might not tomorrow. My belly dance class was brutal and my calves are so sore, I'm afraid to push on and possibly hurt myself. Might go for just a low-impact walk tomorrow to keep the blood going.

I'll drop in later. Happy weekend South Beach Babes!

~Ally
Old 07-29-2006, 05:34 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 160/147/130

Height: 5'4"

alleycat and sugarkube - CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!! That's wonderful, motivating news!!!!! Very excited for you!! (if I could find those darn dancing banannas, I'd post some for you both).

Ruth - You didn't say if YOU are going to ride the bumper cars?? Sounds like an eventful fair this year!

Barb - sending you lots of will power!! be strong!!!! Think of how good you'll feel and look this next - next week, even!!

Schatzi - are you near the triangle area in NC? Just curious. I live a bit north of it now and work right in the middle. Not much land left here

okay - did not exercise yet today but trying to get Df motivated. He worked outside trail building all day. he's pooped. This might be my free day. We'll ride tomorrow (or go to the beach. We always play hard at the beach though -so that might be even better

Got all the "fixings" to switch my dog over to a raw food diet. Expensive little bugger....but cheaper than the stuff the vet will recommend in 1 year when his thyroid "officially" needs help. I'm excited for Mac. His food is now better than mine. ha!! I've been wanting to make the switch since I got him but it is expensive and I always made excuses. It's time - I've watched what diet can do to both me and him. It's time he got a healthy diet too. He has 10 pounds to lose.....I'll track him too
Old 07-29-2006, 06:19 PM   #9  

Afternoon gals...

Just logging on for the first time today. It was the day of the "BIG" garage sale that I have been talking about for weeks. People weren't into buying baby stuff, so that didn't help us out. I made some money, so I won't complain! A girlfriend of mine is having another one in a few weeks, so I will just try again.

I have been a tired, grumpy PMSing mess the last few days. I keep waking up at night and am not able to fall back to sleep- last night I was up from 3-4. I don't know what the deal is. Maybe a combination of PMS, worrying about my parents, money stress, who knows.....

I picked up a rotisserie chicken and some veggies for dinner. Pasta for the girlies. Nothing fancy, but quick and healthy!

Later gals....
Old 07-30-2006, 05:06 AM   #10  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Once again, a quick check-in to let you know I survived the Saturday at the Fair. Today is the last day - Yippee! I know fairs look like fun, fun, fun, but believe me behind the scenes they are not all giggles! I was so tired last night that The Girls and I were asleep by 8:30! I let somebody else cover the evening Grandstand show - Michelle Wright.

Today should be more fun. I am going to Church, driving to town to pick up some stuff (and some fruit), judging the children's pet show and then serving at the BBQ. I hope to stay up late enough tonight to smash a few people with the Bumpy Cars but may not make it.

By the way, yesterday I had absolutely NO fair food, drank water and dropped two pounds!

Have a super day, Beach Beauties!
Old 07-30-2006, 08:49 AM   #11  
beachbum

Good Sunday Morning Ladies

Woke up late after having a bad restless sleep last night.Have to make this short as I have to get ready for church.

WI this morning and I only went up 1 lb at 155,so that will be my starting weight for the new diet I'm going on for a couple of weeks until I get my back to were it was before the summer.

Hugs BB
Old 07-30-2006, 09:14 AM   #12  

Morning Ruth and Beach

Ruth WTG on resisting fair food! That is not an easy feat.

Beach What diet are you going to do? Just curious....

Me- Church this morning and then the in-laws late afternoon. Nothing there will be OP, so I will figure out something to take. I think they get a bit offended, but it is almost the end of the month and we have to record our weightloss for the month. No time to cheat! (Although I have been almost daily. )

I have so consumed with this sudden death of the woman from DD's school. I honestly didn't know her well at all, it has caused me to reflect on my own girls so much.

Going to scan the recipe forums for some new, tasty treats. I have ground beef, chicken breast, and some boneless pork chops in the fridge ready to go for this week. Back to work for me on Wednesday, so I need to get my planning in order if I am going to hit my goal weight by my birthday! (I know Laurie- focus on behaviors, not numbers. )
Old 07-30-2006, 09:28 AM   #13  

Ruth - You did great at the Fair. And now it's almost over.

Kiko - I think it might just be too hot for garage sales. They are really popular when it gets a little cooler. Hugs your kids a little closer and you will eventually get over the death of the mother. It's tough to think of that happening.

beachbum - I had a restless night too. Pager kept going off this morning when I wanted to sleep.

Got to go. Brian's up and wants his breakfast. I'm only a little sore from the gym.
Old 07-30-2006, 09:46 AM   #14  

Barb: Smash the pager!!! Pull out the Batteries !!!!! Geez, no rest even on Sunday fer you!!!

Ruth "Weigh" 2 go on no Fair Food! You have strong Willpower Dust!

Grasshopper:Yes indeedy, we are in the RTP area... DH works for Cisco.. We were out looking towards Lake Jordan, Pittsboro area.. We were down around the Siler City area too yesterday... still a bit toooo rural fer me.. Id like to have at least 3 acreas, but yet be close to all those suburbia trappings. I like the Lake Jordan area as DH and I are avid kayakers/canoeists.

to all you losers of inches and pounds!

Today we are off again to look at land... DH says I lack all sense of direction..which is true, so needless to say there is alot of "yelling" back and forth going on... hehee...
we were too tired yesterday to make the london broil, so that's on fer dinner tonight... yesterday I made sandwiches for DH and I had a piece of fruit, LF triscots with salsa for dinner...not too good not to bad... ok gotta go!!!!
Have a Great Day!
Old 07-30-2006, 09:53 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

It's going to be another scorcher here today, at 7am it was already 80*. We came home yesterday after getting Caitlyn to find the pool filled with DS's family and Jake, all happily splashing around. It didn't take the rest of us long to join them. Later, we grilled steaks and salmon and had a fresh salad and corn-on-the-cob. Yum!
Jake is out mowing the lawn, then after a quick shower we're going to Trader Joe's to stock up for the week. I've already vacuumed and tidied up the house, so the rest of the day is mine!
Closed Thread