Closed Thread

Old 11-24-2001, 05:44 PM   #1  
CJ
Pending Email Confirmation

S/C/G: 184/172/130

Height: 5'4

Default ~~ The Thin Group Christmas Challenge ~~

CALLING ALL THINSTERS!

Well, we made it thru the Thanksgiving challenge so now it is time for our Christmas challenge. I thought that we could use this challenge to lose some of our weight and help keep us on track thru the holiday season.

Lets see, we have about 5 weeks - it will be a short challenge but sometimes that is better than the long range ones. As for me, I would like to get down 5 more lbs before xmas ... I know I can do this if I work hard at it ... and I intend to!

SO HOW ABOUT IT - ANY OTHER TAKERS??? COME ON AND JOIN IN - WE CAN DO THIS!!!! WE NEED THIS TO KEEP US ON THE STRAIGHT AND AND NARROW. I AM SURE WE COULD ALL USE THIS CHALLENGE SO JOIN IN!

So here are my Christmas Challenge stats:

BEGINNING WT: 172 (as of 11/24)
PRESENT WT: 170
GOAL WT: 165
LBS LOST: 0
LBS TO GOAL: 5

Love, CJ

Last edited by CJ; 11-24-2001 at 05:47 PM.
Old 11-25-2001, 06:46 PM   #2  
Conquering with SBD

I'm in, and raring to go. These challenges have been so good for me. I keeps me accountable for the commitments that I make, and I have been successful - the Thanksgiving Day challenge ended up very well for me. I didn't have the same turkey dinner and fixin's temptation that the rest had, so came out of the challenge much, much lighter. I didn't even celebrate Canada's Thanksgiving - had to take the train from London to Bristol and work that whole day. That was really poopy!!!!

I'm not sure what my weight is right now - it seems to have dropped quite a bit this week, so I will wait until WI tomorrow to post my goal for the challenge. If I can lose 5 pounds before Christmas, I will be ecstatic.

Talk to you tomorrow when I post my goal.

Luv,

Last edited by sweet tooth; 11-26-2001 at 11:57 AM.
Old 11-26-2001, 12:33 PM   #3  
Conquering with SBD

I have just come from WI, so can make my committment for the Christmas Challenge.

BEGINNING WT: 148.5 (as of 11/25)
GOAL WT: 142
LBS TO GOAL: 6.5

I have set my goal to correspond with a bet that I made with my youngest son last August. I told him that I would lose 30 pounds before Christmas and he told me that he would gain 30 pounds by then. Since I made that bet with him, I have lost 23.5 pounds, so need to lose another 6.5. I will work really hard to accomplish that.

Good luck to all who join this challenge.

Update December 3, 2001:

PRESENT WT: 146.75
LBS LOST: 1.75 Just about 2 pre-Christmas pounds gone...
LBS TO GOAL: 4.75

Jo - It's good to see that you have joined the challenge. 5 pounds is do-able. Go for it, girll!

Update December 10, 2001:

PRESENT WT: 145.5
LBS LOST: 3.0 Just about half-way, yippee!
LBS TO GOAL: 3.5

Luv,

Last edited by sweet tooth; 12-10-2001 at 03:58 PM.
Old 11-26-2001, 02:29 PM   #4  
Long Lost Chickie

Default All I want for Christmas is...

... to be skinny!!!!

OK, I just posted my shame on the regular thread. I'm here to say that I'll post my Christmas goal next week after my next weigh-in. I simply cannot face myself, my scale or anything else right now.

I am, however, going to promise to TRY to stay on track for the next month. I'll figure out the actual numbers next week.....

??OK????

Whimpering,
Jo.
Old 11-28-2001, 11:36 AM   #5  
Mistress of My Universe

Thumbs down Cool, let's go

Hi Everyone,

I'm a gonna take this Christmas challenge too. Just what I need to make it through the next month--a mini goal

So here it is for me:
PRESENT WT: 152
GOAL WT: 146
LBS TO GOAL: 6

I may be stretching too much for the 146 goal, but I figured if I stretch a little bit, it's better then giving me slack. This way, I hopefully won't think, 'Go ahead, go for that donut' because I'll have a little bit further to work.
Old 12-03-2001, 04:06 PM   #6  
Long Lost Chickie

This is so cruel!!!! I posted this huge post here on Friday but the forum closed down and I'm just realizing my posts have been lost!!! Grumble.

Well, I had said that I wanted to lose 10 lbs. by my weigh-in on Saturday, Dec. 29. I realize that this sounds like a lot but I had all sorts of good reasons for thinking I'd do that well.

But here it is Monday, the day after the weekend and now I'm suddenly not feeling so confident. Why don't I get more realistic and then if I do better, it'll be icing on the cake. Oooh, bad analogy!!!

I think I'll shoot for 5 pounds by Christmas. Again, my official weigh-in date will be Dec. 29 so I'm considering this my Christmas/End of Year challenge.

Either way, I'M IN!!!
Jo
Old 12-06-2001, 12:23 AM   #7  
Taking It A Day At A Time

Default Count me in!

Hi guys,
Sure why not? I will join you guys. Let's see there is only a few more weeks till Christmas so I don't want to make my goal too unrealistic so I will shoot for 5 lbs and if I can get through the holidays without gaining any weight at all that will be a plus for me. So 5 lbs it is and even if I stay the same I will be happy that I won't be up for the holidays and have to lose some holiday weight. So 5 lbs it is!

LET"S ALL DO OUR BEST!

Love ya, Sassy Sharon
Old 12-17-2001, 10:19 AM   #8  
Conquering with SBD

I'm updating my Christmas Challenge:

PRESENT WEIGHT: 141.75
GOAL WT: 142 (6.5 pounds to lose)
LBS LOST: 6.75
LBS TO GOAL: -.25

Yahoo! Made the goal for the Christmas Challenge. May be able to lose another pound before next week. No holiday parties this week, so I should be able to stay OP all week.

Last edited by sweet tooth; 12-18-2001 at 10:36 AM.
Closed Thread