View Single Post
Old 07-26-2006, 12:23 PM   #9
bizlawchik

S/C/G: 260/252.6/125

Height: 5'1 1/2"

Kindra,

We all know what you're going through, but the first week is the hardest. You will soon see new habits emerging along with your new body.

As for tortillas, I found a 50 calorie, 8g fiber, low carb tortilla and had my COD e-mail the dietician that the whole tortilla counted as 1S. This has been my savior! I put egg beaters in it in the morning with cheese, have it as a wrap with tuna salad or turkey at lunch, and then... yes - tacos!

They are from LaTortilla factory, and if you go to their website you can find which stores near you carry them.

Also... and this may be a little complicated, since you are new, but try to follow:

Taco salad: Look at the nacho recipe in the carb craver section of your book. This gives you chips, cheese and salsa. Add your ground meat with the seasoning Dawn suggested above. Put all that into a big bowl with some lettuce, onions, maybe some green peppers (grilled or not), and then top with a 2T. of lite sour cream. This will give you the following exchanges:
P(carb craver), P, 2condiments (sour cream).

Also, the salsa and sour cream when mixed together make a great dressing for any kind of salad!

Good luck, chickie - we're all here for you.

My last suggestion is to plan. When I first started I told my husband that he needs to tend to the children for one hour each week while I make my menu and shopping list for the week. I then wrote in my diary what I was having for the whole week, and then made my grocery list. This made the week SOOO much easier, because I didn't have to do any more thinking.