View Single Post
Old 07-26-2006, 10:13 AM   #8
dawn78
LAWL,nursing,red,no lites

S/C/G: 168/143/135 pre baby stats

Height: 5'1"

You can have on plan tacos! It just takes a little more planning and preparation. In the recipe thread I posted a taco seasoning recipe, I’ll copy it here again: (unlimited use)
2 T chili powder
2 tsp paprika
2 tsp cumin
2 tsp oregano
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
This makes enough for multiple uses.
What I do is brown, drain and pat the grease from some very lean ground beef (my center allow this), season according to my taste, then I use low cal tortillas, lettuce, low fat cheese, and depending on how many condiments I have left I may also use some salsa and FF sour cream. I’m not familiar w/ the red plan so I’m not sure how much you can have, but I know there has been times when I’ve made this for my family and I didn’t have any starches left so I just turned my into a taco salad minus the chips. I also use the recipe above for fajitas.

Just hang in there. We’ve all been there. The first week I even called my center to quit but they didn’t want me to give up so I promised them I would keep at it for another week and then I never looked back again. You can do this! You’ll learn so much about eating better and how to revise some of your old recipes that this will all become second nature before you know it! You also found gold when you found this site. It’s a great place for support and advice.