Old 07-26-2006, 08:30 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 289/289/269 mini goal weight

Height: 5'8

Default please look at my fitday journal Thanks:)

Hey gang I statred using fitday yesterday and I was hoping some of you would take a look at my journal and tell me what you think. I did drink water and sugar free decaff tea yesterday that I did leave out. Also I had a salad with cukes,toms, lettuce and fat free ranch dressing. It was a big salad maybe 2 servings with dinner and 1 with lunch. Please let me know what you all think and where I should improve.I know I need to improve just by looking at the log Thanks for all your help
Tiffany

Also the waffles was 1 serving that equals 2 waffles. I lm

http://www.fitday.com/WebFit/PublicJ...er=tiffany2328
TiffanyinMass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 09:15 AM   #2  

The biggest thing I would suggest is getting rid of as much processed, or prepackaged food that you can (especially the weight watchers desserts, or at least cut back on them). Overall it looked pretty good for a start, but I would phase out the desserts and replace them with fruit, or something homemade (like with less sugar, whole grains etc.). Work on getting as much protein as you can in the day and cut back some on the carbs (as in cereal, processed foods NOT fruits, veggies, or whole grains).
I think your calorie intake looked pretty decent. If you feel hungry still, I would say to definitely find ways to up your protein intake, and add more filling foods like veggies to help with that...
I'm sure some of the calorie counters will give better feedback too.
buckettgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 09:22 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

That's not a bad start! I agree with Amanda's suggestions (reducing processed foods, adding protein, switching carbs), and emphasize PHASING in new foods IF you are feeling overwhelmed (some people can jump right in, others can't).

Keep it at that calorie level and see how it goes, and when you can set a new goal. That is, in addition to keeping a calorie level, try to eat X servings of fruits and veggies. Once you get that worked in, pick something else to work on.

I look back at my logs from when I started logging food last August and really see how I've changed what I eat!

Also, keep posting. This is a great place to come for ideas!
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 09:28 AM   #4  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

You aren't doing bad but I think you do have places where you could improve.

I agree with the others that working on getting processed foods out of the mix should help you a bit. I notice you had 2 desserts, which isn't bad in itself but both were processed as well as the chicken parmesan. One thing to also look at is your wheat bread and peanut butter. Is it 100% whole wheat bread? If not, I'd highly recommend switching. I'd also look at switching your jif to a natural peanut butter as jif adds sugar to theirs.

Overall, it is a good start.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 09:31 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

The nice thing I noticed was that almost all the things you ate have a slightly healthier alternative. Like Wyllenn said, you can phase these in over time. Real chicken, low fat cheese, fat free cottage cheese, fresh fruit ....
It is a very good start, yup!
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 09:39 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 289/289/269 mini goal weight

Height: 5'8

Hey All Thanks for the feedback yesterday.. I am greatful for the help.. I am tweaking my menus now so I can do better. Yesterday was crap day! Hubby was home and we had an appt with my sons doctor so my day was messed up from the word go! My son has anger issues I am struggling to deal with. I am at a loss of what to do. The doctors have gave me options but I am sick when I think of any of them. But, I know I will have to do something or I will have to deal with so much worse in the future. I did manage to get to the gym.. I did a mile on the elliptical and a mile on the treadmill! I was soooo happy over the elliptical.. I am getting batter at it. Today I am not heading to the gym.I am having bad cramps sorry if it is (TMI) BUT, you are all women I am sure you understand. I do go back to work tomorrow so I am happy about that! I will have to adjust my gym time.. Normally I have been going between 9 and 10.. Now I will go I guess between 3 and 4 come home make dinner and be a happy house wife and mom Hvae a great day..
Tiff
TiffanyinMass is offline   Reply With Quote