Old 07-25-2006, 09:31 AM   #16  

Good Morning, Flowers! We are leaving for Sioux City around noon so I'm not sure when I'll be back to check in. Our water softner died, I think, so we are going to look for a new one. It is cycling much too often and used 6 bags of salt in less than 3 months. I tried to tell Bob it wasn't working right but we all know how that goes.

Susan -- You and I posted about the same time yesterday and I missed seeing you. We are supposed to be getting a new phone system in our school; it would be nice to have a phone in every room but the school is old and the money involved is much. They did install a new fire alarm system which is so sensitive that the wind blowing dust around will set it off. We are across the street from the fire department, but still have to evacuate until the volunteers arrive and check the whole building. The wires are visible along the ceiling so I suppose they would do the same with phone wires. So far no one has gotten the idea of cutting them when no one is looking. Your husband's procedure doesn't sound like fun at all. I hope it goes ok for both of you!

"Gma" -- I finally got up last night and headed for the recliner! I hate nights like that! Then the stupid paper delivery person rang the doorbell at 5AM! Bob thinks he must have hit it when he opened the door to throw the paper in. It was nice of your DIL to call you. You mentioned her father, but does she have a mother living in the U. S.? I wonder what kind of treatment Americans would get in a Mexican prison. Not good, I'll bet.

Hope you all have a nice day . . . the choice is yours! (I kind of feel like Paul Harvey and his "rest of the story!")

Jean -- from Iowa!
Jean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 10:15 AM   #17  

Jean: Good luck with the water softener. Men believe there are certain things that women are too "dumb" to understand, any kind of machinery, appliance, etc. ANY directions involving a vehicle, car repair, plumbing, carpentry, and lawn maintenance. In this day and age, most older women probably know a little about how to fix any of these things. My dil's mom is caucasian and lives in southern Indiana. Her dad's parents still live in Mexico and don't speak English (the wedding was fun because of this except the good looking brother cop translated for us) but his brothers live here in the states, I believe. Her dad's side of the family are so sweet and nice and the uncle that is the LA Cop was especially gracious. I don't know if you know who the actor Esai Morales is, but my dil's uncle looks like him (see picture below of Esai) Why do men seem to age more gracefully than women? This actor is mid 40's and a confirmed bachelor from what I understand. I used to watch NYPD Blue and he played the lieutenant on the show for several years I think. I always thought some woman would snag him, but he plays the field I guess, I know he isn't gay or at least says he isn't.

Well, the floors are complaining they haven't yet been mopped so I guess I better get back to work. I am trying out a new recipe for pork tenderloin and I hope it is edible. You never know.

Faye

Last edited by gma22; 11-30-2006 at 04:56 AM.
gma22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 04:19 PM   #18  

Hello, Magnolias! Faye - made you chicken yesterday. Put it in the crockpot and it was delicious. Sure is nice to go home and have dinner nearly ready.

My boss has been on a mini vacation and won't be back until Thursday - got a call from one of the tenants there was water leaking from the ceiling in the hall downstairs. Called the heating and airconditioning to check for condensation leak. Leak---ha! Had 1/2 inch of water in the utility room upstairs where the unit is leaking through. Why me??? Everytime he goes out of town some major problem happens.

Still working on debugging the database but it is coming along pretty well.

Back to the grind!
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote