Old 07-22-2006, 09:37 AM   #1  
RosieKate

Default Back in Kindergarten #16

Welcome to Back In Kindergarten #16 to anyone reading this!

"I feel like I am back in kindergarten in many ways... personal, sometimes at work and now with the weight loss. I have done so many things wrong over the years.....emotional eating, pills for weight loss, eating the wrong things, failed diets, etc.
Now it's time to start fresh, kinda like back in kindergarten......"

Come and join us, All are welcome!!
Old 07-22-2006, 10:05 AM   #2  
RosieKate

Good morning!

Ok - I took the plunge and started the new thread. I don't think Susan can do it from her home computer, so I just did it...hope you don't mind. We are having a bit of a heat wave, so the family is hunkered down and not doing too much..hence my lack of computer time. The kids are using it more than usual, then if it gets too hot, it overheats and we have to shut it off for awhile. So here I am at the crack o' dawn, getting my brief little turn.

Thanks for all your get well wishes, I am still having some "issues", but am feeling much better than I did on Sunday. No more runs, but lots of abdominal cramping, headaches, and some nausea. Also very fatigued...haven't been able to exercise much at all this week. I just try to keep up with the kids and lay down when I get a chance.

Sassy - I usually keep a food diary, but it has fallen by the wayside in the last week. I try to keep my snacks very simple, but I do try to have one. Afternoons are a bad time for me, and usually when I make bad food choices, so I try to drink alot of water and have some kind of protein. My fave snack is a piece of string cheese and 3 whole almonds. If I get a sugar craving, I try to have some fruit, either apple or grapes. If I really can't fight the urge to put things iny my mouth, I have been know to put out a bowl of baby carrots or slice up a whole cucumber and just eat on it all afternoon. I really try to avoid sugar except for special treats. I have found that meal replacment bars or shakes just don't work for me because the sugar content ( real or fake) is a trigger. I do best when I stick to simple foods, with lots of produce, and avoid sugars (cane, splenda, corn syrup...that kind of thing)

Susan/NYC - Hot enough for ya? Yikes - Oregon never gets this hot. We went over to the inlaws for dinner. They have AC, so that was very nice. We don't, but can manage if we shut the house in the a.m. and keep fans going.

Bep - sorry you were left here all by your lonesome....how was your baking? Bet everyone just loved it. I admire your ability to do that and still keep to your food plan...baking is hard for me - just can't resist taking bites.

Hi Susan, Jules, Cristina, Shawna, Michelle and anyone else reading this...hopefully my little rugrats will let me have a turn later...if not have a great Saturday and try to stay cool!
Old 07-22-2006, 10:25 AM   #3  
time to focus!!!

S/C/G: 279/245/170

Default howdy

Hey Everyone,
Sorry I havent been here, I'm going out of town to help open a new store today and will be there until thursday so I have been working some extra hours at my own store before I leave. So, I kind of sorta get a vacation lol, at least from home anyway. We talked to the case worker for our foster son yesterday and it looks like his mom will be losing her rights within the next 2 or 3 months. Then we have to wait for the adoption process. Bless his heart, I know he has alot of issues but when it starts affecting everyone in my own family then I have issues!!!
I think i have put about 3 lbs back on, I can feel it in my jeans. Thats what happens when I dont get to work out consistently. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!
I tend to slack on my healthy eating when Im not working out too. Its all in my head so its time to FOCUS!!!
OK, gotta get packed, leaving around 2.
Hugs,
Shawna
chickiemama67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2006, 11:44 AM   #4  

Hi

Not too much to report. I think I controlled myself well with our dinner out last night but not being able to work out because of the heat is not good. We'll see what happenes. Well I too need to turn off the computer before it overheats so have a good day everyone!!!
Scuzin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2006, 12:17 PM   #5  
ugggg.....

Well, DD and I got back around 1:00 AM Friday morning but DH says he doesn't know how since it seems I only have one of the four cylinders working....I told him it was acting up and he told me to just drive it back and I guess that the Smokey mountains did the little car in. We had planned on my DH tinkering with it until next summer when two of our loans are paid off and we can get something new. Our friend brought us a junkyard engine from a wrecked car and DH will somehow test it before actually putting it in the car to make sure it's okay. Sunday DS is coming over to help put it in if DH thinks it will be okay.

The funeral was nice and everyone behaved. The service was on their property near a little creek. Here is a link that shows my DD, DS and their grandfather, his wife and their son taken about four-five (?) years ago my ds would have been around 16/17 and dd 14/15. Even though this was my DH's stepfather and he and MIL divorced when he remarried this wife and had a child, he didn't forget my kids. Of all the grandparents my mom and this man are the most loving and supportive of our kids.

http://www.mem.com/display/Images.as...ex=27#imageTop

May BBL...

Last edited by jules1216; 07-22-2006 at 12:22 PM.
jules1216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2006, 02:05 PM   #6  
bep
Certifiable CHOCOHOLIC!!!

S/C/G: 255/211/150

Height: 5'5"

*snicker, snicker*....

Recently, I was diagnosed with A. A. A. D. D. - Age Activated Attention Deficit Disorder.

This is how it manifests:

I decide to water my garden.

As I turn on the hose in the driveway, I look over at my car and decide my car needs washing.

As I start toward the garage, I notice that there is mail on the porch table that I brought up from the mailbox earlier.

I decide to go through the mail before I wash the car.

I lay my car keys down on the table, put the junk mail in the garbage can under the table, and notice that the can is full.

So, I decide to put the bills back on the table and take out the garbage first.

But then I think, since I'm going to be near the mailbox when I take out the garbage anyway, I may as well pay the bills first.

I take mycheckbook off the table, and see that there is only one check left.

My extra checks are in my desk in the study, so I go inside the house to my desk, where I find the can of Coke that I had been drinking.

I'm going to look for my checks, but first I need to push the Coke aside so

that I don't accidentally knock it over. I realize the Coke is getting warm,and I decide I should put it in the refrigerator to keep it cold.

As I head toward the kitchen with the Coke, a vase of flowers on the counter catches my eye--they need to be watered.

I set the Coke down on the counter, and I discover my reading glasses that I've been searching for all morning.

I decide I better put them back on my desk, but first I'm going to water the flowers.

I set the glasses back down on the counter, fill a container with water, and suddenly I spot the TV remote. Someone left it on the kitchen table.

I realize that tonight when we go to watch TV, I will be looking for the remote, but I won't remember that it's on the kitchen table, so I decide to put it back in the den where it belongs, but first I'll water the flowers.

I pour some water in the flowers, but quite a bit of it spills on the floor.

So, I set the remote back down on the table, get some towels and wipe up the spill.

Then I head down the hall trying to remember what I was planning to do.

At the end of the day: the driveway is flooded, the car isn't washed, the bills aren't paid, there is a warm can of Coke sitting on the counter, there is still only one check in my check book, I can't find the remote, I can't find my glasses, and I don't remember what I did with the car keys.

Then, when I try to figure out why nothing got done today, I'm really baffled, because I know I was busy all day long, and I'm really tired.
bep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2006, 04:35 PM   #7  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Hey everybody!

Really, really quickly here.........

Thanks so much for ALL your lovely suggestions! Makes me feel better because I was at a loss of what to eat! I thought Salads and grilled chicken was about it for me! lmaooooooo. So you all gave me lots of great ideas!

Okay sorry so short!!!!!!!! But I really gotta run!

TTYL!

Sassy_Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2006, 05:51 PM   #8  
kitty Momo

Hi,

Quickie.

Trying to get ready for camp. It is hot and I have had a tension headache since yesterday.
I am taking Gaby over to the sitter tonight and leaving at 7:30 in the morning. Unless there is laptop I will check in next Saturday. Hope with the mess hall type meals I can manage to lose something. I hate eating in public.

anyway - going to my work place tonight so many can chat more later.
Mom2Gaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2006, 04:33 PM   #9  
RosieKate

Hello fellow BIK-ers!

Kinda quiet in here today...I have a little free time as DH has taken the kids swimming...I'll be off to yoga soon, but for now some peace and quiet.

Jules - so glad everyone behaved at the funeral..thanks for sharing the picture. Despite the dramas, he sounds like he was a basically good man and a good grandpa to your kids - that means alot. I'm glad you were able to pay your respects.

Susan - have fun at camp! hopefully it won't be too hot

Susan/NYC - I hear you about the pizza nights. My family seems to have alot of Papa Murphy nights...I try to eat in moderation but sometimes it's hard. It's just so good!

Bep - How's your weekend going? I like what you wrote - I resemble that on many days...lol

Shawna
- hope the week at the new store goes well....How's the FS holding up - has to be hard to have a mom with so many problems...thank goodness your family is helping him. Are you and your DH adopting him or is someone else...I can't remember.

Hi Cristina - are you having a heat wave like we are? hopefully you are staying cool....

Sassy - here's the menu for today
B - omelette with 1/2 c. egg substitute and a wedge of Laughing Cow cheese
1 piece of 100% WW toast with fake margarine
L - 1 c. lowfat cottage cheese, 1 c. lite fruit cocktail, drained, and 12 whole almonds
snack - string cheese and apple
dinner - either a chicken patty or a salmonburger with a big green salad. Might have the WW bun, haven't decided. I might also steam up the rest of some broccoli that's sitting in the fridge - need to eat it up.
Might have a beer.....

Well, DH consulted a naturopath earlier this week with regards to his high cholestrol levels. He wants to take a crack at an aggressive lifestyle approach before starting up Lipitor. Naturally, the naturopath told him that sugar was his enemy...boo hoo. Just what he did not want to hear. He has to exercise more, start weaning off the Coke, and he's taking all the good-for-your-heart supplements like red yeast, guggul, fish oil,,,and some other stuff I can't recall. I told him that if I get into this weight-loss study and he has to be making all these lifestye changes, we could be a good support system for each other. It's helpful when the SOs have similar goals. I have to say, he is already very supportive of improving our diets, but he just never participated fully, if that makes sense. He'll watch me turn down treats and whatnot, and be supportive, yet he wouldn't cut them out. He didn't have to so why should he? Well, now he does....

Get this- he has to keep a food diary for three weeks - he's never done THAT in his life...and I do it all the time...Anyway we are all on board to support him, because we want his cholestrol levels to improve and if he can do it naturally, well, that's all the better.

Hope you are all having a great weekend.
Old 07-24-2006, 06:10 AM   #10  
~Believe~

Good Morning!

Thanks for sharing your menu, Katy! I also saw a nice article with about the same information as I'm getting here about eating healthy in the August Issue of Family Circle that MIL gives me after she reads it. I saved it and plan on posting it on the fridge (the article and maybe even making a copy to take with me to work).

I understand how your hubby feels. I was on a low cholestrol diet at the early age of 16! I now have it under control and also take Fish Oil Pills -- they are great! With diet, exercise and the fish oil pills, my cholestrol went down from the 200's to 190 in one month! My dr was even impressed! So tell him to hang in there.

I'm also a diabetic. I need to be better with that, I'm really struggling with it because my husband is NOT a diabetic, although he is the one ironically enough whose parents are BOTH diabetics and nobody in my family has it. lol.

Anyways. I'm done with my work week. I finished a 300 something page book in only 2 days, well really 1 1/2 days because they have cracked down so much on our internet usage. I don't even go to the news sites anymore. Its like being in prision. No fun at all. I'm not saying all we do is goof off, no we don't. But working nights is so different. We do have our busy times but we also have a lot of down time too. I think they forget about that and what applies to everybody else doesn't always work for the nightshift. (they are "Cracking Down" on ALL shifts, not just ours)

I would love to see them sitting and staring at a computer screen and waiting for the flipping phone to ring for 10 or more hours at night time without being able to surf the net at all! Yes reading is nice, but one can only read for so long. I just feel like I am in prision at work anymore. I still say we need to wear bright orange jump suits with #'s on them. lol.

Well I haven't done well in the eating dept. at least today was shot. Or should I say Sunday. It was the anniversary of my step father's death so I was a bit down already then hub aggrivated me and that got me to crying. So frankly I did bad and I just do not care. It was not a pretty day today. Now I'm home and I have healthier things to eat here. Its tough anymore at work, since like I said they are cracking down there. You can't hardly bring anything in anymore without them questioning it. Even food.

We could do without my income, we have before, but its a lot nicer with it and I can't do every job with my back injury. This is one of the few jobs I can do and also I would hate to start all over again, even though I've only been there 8 months, this month, that is 8 months I have put in and to think about starting over at a new co. I think I'd rather deal with the crap going on. But if I could some how make the same or close the amount of $$ I make there and stay home, I surely would quit in a heart beat! I think work is a lot of the problems I have to be honest. But you gotta do what you gotta do to make a living, right?! Like my quote says under my Avatar, "Just keep swimming" from Finding Nemo, Dory.

Well I am getting mighty sleepy so I will catch up with you later!

I hope I didn't put you all to sleep rambling on like I did! lol.

G'Night!
Old 07-24-2006, 08:16 AM   #11  
bep
Certifiable CHOCOHOLIC!!!

S/C/G: 255/211/150

Height: 5'5"

WEIGH-IN DAY EVERYONE!!!! HOP ON THAT SCALE AND REPORT!!!!

Ok...looks like I am first...

-4 lbs!!!!!
bep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 09:43 AM   #12  
RosieKate

Yay - four carrots for Bep!

You are doing great!

I weighed in at 188 - no change. I'm feeling much better today, so I am hoping to get back into my exercise groove this week - gotta make that scale move.....in the right direction!

Sassy - sorry things are tough at work, but, hey I LOVE to read, so I wouldn't mind that part. I also knit, so I would kill the time doing that, if it was permitted of course. Thanks for sharing about you success with your cholestrol. I really hope this is what happens for DH.

Good morning to everyone else..it's not supposed to be as hot today so hopefully we can all play outside some. This week is pretty loose, kids don't have any scheduled activities. Hopefully we can catch up a bit round here...

Have a great day
Old 07-24-2006, 10:53 AM   #13  

morning

I guess I'm down about 1/2 a pound. I haven't been able to exercise in this heat! Not to mention control my food well. But tomorrow I'll be back jogging again and will hopefully see some improvement.

Ugh, I have a dentist appointment this morning. That sends chills down my spine.

Hope everyone is well and good luck on the weigh-ins...Yay Bep on your 4 pounds!
Scuzin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 04:33 PM   #14  
~Believe~

Thanks Katy. I love to read too but it can get old after a while, day in and day out and by this rate I'm going to need a whole library to keep up with stuff to read! (RE: I read a whole book in 1 and 1/2 shifts). lol. I don't knit or anything like that, not even sure they would let you, with having knitting needles....yes they are getting ridiculous. lol. I will find stuff to do, just was venting. lmaooooo.

Hope you all have a great day. I am doing laundry and getting ready to clean. Yippee! lol.
Old 07-24-2006, 05:02 PM   #15  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Smile

Hello Chickies!

SUZYQ...Aaaaahhhh...I missed saying good-bye! I was reading through the posts without looking at the date and thought you were leaving tomorrow. I hope you have a FUN time at camp! Going to miss you for sure Missy!

JULES...thank you so much for sharing the memorial-the pictures are GREAT! I LOVE the one where he is on the beach with the dark clouds above. Someone took some really great photos for sure. Glad there was no drama and you made it home safely. I think there definitely was an angel watching over you.

KATY... glad you are feeling better. When do the kiddo's go back to school? Just realized they start back here on the 17th of August...summer sure went by fast. Hopefully DH can get it down the natural way.

KATHY...I wish I could say DH and I have been enjoying the new pergola. It has been so stinking hot...even at 8 and 9 at night. This week is supposed to be cooler though...only in the 90's, lol. How are you and the kids doing? Password is a word guessing game...it's on the game show network...since it has been so hot the last week that is what I have done...stayed inside and watched games 3 or 4 hours a day...at least it is good for the mind.

SHEL...I love oatmeal and even have it for dinner sometimes. I have a little bit of 2% milk and sweet-n-low in mine and eat about 3/4 of a cup. As far as the other meals, they vary too much, even breakfast. Today though, B=english muffin with peanut butter and an apple...I have that for lunch sometimes also. L=roast beef sandwich, plain and a diet coke and dinner will be a pork chop with a potato. Snacks...I usually have one about 3 or 4 p.m. and it varies also...I buy those 100 calorie snacks, choc. chip cookies and the graham crackers. Also, graham cracker stix, fruit, rice cakes. Just bought a big box of those at SAMS yesterday...caramel and cheddar cheese ones. I've not had those before but the apple ones and the choc. ones are good. Also, sometimes cheese and crackers...I buy those little snack cheddar cheese squares. Anyway, sorry things aren't so good at work...sounds like DH's job. They are getting nit-picky about everything.

SUSAN-NYC...me too! I've not been able to exercise in this heat either! Last week was HORRIBLE! WTG on the 1/2 pound! Good luck at the dentist today! I'll be thinking about ya. The thought of going to the dentist does the same to me too.

SHAWNA...have a safe trip and we will see you when you get back.

BEP...WTG on the loss this week.

Well, last week was a bust on the exercise but today is the beginning of getting back on track. I have felt so lazy! But...I can't get moving when it is in the 100's, yikes! I have been keeping up with the water drinking and eating right but I didn't WI this morning...totally forgot until after breakfast. I got up too early and my brain doesn't function until at least 8 a.m and after my first dose of caffeine. I will weigh tomorrow-don't think I have lost anything-we'll see. Went to IF but they were so busy I just turned around and came back home and did the 1 & 2 mile WATP video/dvd (one is a video the other a dvd) so that's 45 mns. tomorrow I will go to the park and walk and then to IF and get back on track. I am so tired of those scales not moving...I want to see it go down, down, down! So tired of being stuck...anyway. Not much been has been going on...worked on the yard yesterday...the heat is taking a toll on my lawn, everything else is doing good though. Last week DS finally bought a decent car He found a nice little 2005 Dodge Stratus...think that is what it is. It's a teal color and looks really nice. It's his first really new car and he is loving it. That's about all I have for now...almost time for Jeopardy.

Take care ladies and I hope everyone has a great day!
FrouFrou is offline   Reply With Quote