South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 07-24-2006, 01:39 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 378/363/150

Height: 5'3"

Post Delurking!

Hi Everyone!

I've been lurking for a few days now and figured I might as well come out of hiding! I've been reading and reading and trying to get up the motivation to start this and today is finally the day.

This is my THIRD go around with SB and I'm excited to be back. The first time I was on it, I was on fire and working out, eating right and lost 17 pounds. But I failed to realize that the headaches and achiness were a result of the "detox" from sugar my body was going through. So I got frustrated at how crummy I was feeling, despite the weightloss, and fell off the wagon.

I tried again since I had been so successful on it but as is bound to happen, LIFE happened and stress took over my eating habits once again.

So here I am once again. I have been trying to do WW but I realize that I have so much more success on SB so I'm going to give it another go around! I even have my DH on board and perhaps even my Mom.

I have a LOT to lose and just don't want to give up and listen to what everyone else says that anyone at my weight should just be working towards surgical intervention. When I did SB last time I weighed 320. Now, one baby and not losing the baby fat later, I am 375. That means I have a solid 200+ to lose BUT my doctor recommended SBD AGAIN so here I am.

I intend to be a regular here so get used to me!

Ohhh before this gets any longer, I'll give a little brief intro about me and then I'm done. I am a work-at-home mom of two. I do transcription from home (doesn't help the big booty factor, I tell ya! My children are 3 1/2 and 20 months. I also take care of my 1-year-old nephew during the day. Hubby works graveyard so we have opposite schedules. Makes things interesting. I am 29 and live in Oregon and have lived here for almost five years now.

That's it for me. I can't wait to get to know you all!!!! If you made it through my lengthy post, you deserve a prize! Lol
Old 07-24-2006, 02:27 PM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

to The Beach! Good intro - and I did read it all.
Old 07-24-2006, 07:39 PM   #3  

Welcome! Sure hope your DH and Mom do it too - I have used it to lose weight after all 3 of my babies (still working on baby weight for #3, then what is left from 2 and 1!), and this time is much easier to stick to as my husband is doing it too (actually he is on Phase 3, but eats Phase 2 most of the time).

Even my kiddies are beachin it for the most part (except 3 who is on the "weight gain" program since he is so skinny!)
Old 07-24-2006, 07:50 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 160/147/130

Height: 5'4"

Welcome!! I'm on my second attempt at the beach. The first time I lost all my weight and was doing great!!! I let stress and school bring me back to the vending machines and traded my workout time for tv time.

We're all here (I'm new too, so getting to know everyone!) Look forward to hearing about your journey!
Old 07-24-2006, 11:44 PM   #5  

Thanks for the warm welcome!! I can't wait to get to know each of you!
Old 07-25-2006, 06:14 AM   #6  

Sugar! You can do it!!!!
Old 07-25-2006, 09:24 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 238.4/231.6/215/199/140

Welcome! Here's to a good kick off!

You can do it!
Old 07-25-2006, 10:16 AM   #8  
!No CoMpRoMiSe!

S/C/G: 162/152/135

Height: 5'5"

Hey there sugarkube! I am 29 too, and I can totally relate. I am a SAHM to 1 2yr old girl, and I baby sit my 1yr old baby girl (cousin). I am having a hard time getting started again. We just moved to a new house, and I was hoping for a freash start. I was planning on counting calories (kinda like ww) but I seem to always end up over eating. My husband eats well through the week, then has freedays on weekends. this isn't working for me. After eating "bad" on the week end, I end up wanting to still do the same throught the week. (Its a sugar addiction) So I was thinking about doing SB. I done it once for about a month and did well. I started one other time and it only lasted a week. So I'm leary of starting it again. Its very restricting. I gotta do something though, and I think i do better on a diet that tells me exactly what to eat. I'm thinking seriously about giving it a try. Maybe we can keep one another going!

Christie
Old 07-25-2006, 01:26 PM   #9  

Thanks for the warm welcome, everyone!

If your hubby is anything like mine, he can lose weight in an instant. One week of eating healthy and it's bye-bye five pounds. Grr!

It is a sugar addiction! I feel much the same way. Give it a try!!! I know it feels really good to do!!!
Old 07-25-2006, 08:55 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 160/147/130

Count me in for the vanishing husband thing! My fiance has been cheating left, right and center and has almost lost all the weight he wants to lose. it's been 3 weeks!! I'm happy for him but my goodness...have some respect for those of us that lose more slowly
Closed Thread