Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 07-24-2006, 03:30 AM   #1  

Default Looking for a support buddy to lose 30#

My name is Tami, I am 34 and am looking for a support buddy to lose 30 pounds.

My goal is to have the weight off by next spring. The problem is that I am having surgery for a BR in September and won't be able to exercise for 6 weeks. So, I am looking to do mild exercise and watch my calorie intake. If I start now, I am hoping to be in a healthy eating regimn by the time I have my surgery.
Summer0897 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 06:50 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 172/163/140

Height: 5'2"

Hi Tami,
My name is Rach and i have just joined 3 fat chicks today so this is my first post. I am 35 and would like to lose 30lbs. I started at 172lbs and am now 163lb (that loss has taken around 6 weeks), I would like to be about 140 for Xmas so I am trying my hardest although i am a complete choco/crispoholic! I have been seeing a hypno therapist, using a diet plate and walking/cycling and dancing in an effort to shift the pounds. I live in the UK and am a stay at home mum with 2 children. Not sure how this buddy thing works but if i can be of any help i am willing to try.
Love Rach xx
Rachih is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 10:59 AM   #3  
Weight-Loss Warrior

S/C/G: 195/188.4/160

Height: 5'8"

Hi Tami,

My name is Liz and I'm 28. I'm also looking to lose about 30 lbs. I've been up and down on this weight loss journey from an all time high of 244 to a low of 167 and now I'm around 190ish. I'm looking to get down to 160. I could definately use the added motivation and support.
Liz-z78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 03:01 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 200/198/150

Height: 5'7"

Default new and unsure

Hi,I just signed up and not sure how I want to go about losing my 30#.I've tried the SB way and lost 20#,but got off track and can't get back on.I also tied slimfast,but it just didn't work for me.The only exercise I can do is walk,I have a manual treadmill.I'm hoping signing up here will get me going in the right direction.
beliter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 03:11 PM   #5  

I am not sure really how this buddy thing works, but I would love to keep chatting and see where we end up.

I have 3 children and work full time. I live in the greater Seattle area. You would never know it by the weather we have been having since June! It's gorgeous.

I have tried Weight Watchers and South Beach, but I have come to the realization that I just need to watch what I eat. ;-)

Today I am going to start off by staying away from sweets, which is my biggest falling point. I love anything with sugar. HEHE. (South Beach was a disaster due to that).I used to have a Mocha a day, but I have slowly worked myself out of that and only have a Mocha about once a week.

I am looking forward to having buddies to chat with when I am vearing away from "my plan". HEHE.

Tami
Old 07-24-2006, 03:18 PM   #6  

I think I've decided to just count my calories,write them down and try to walk.I had a car accident about a year and half ago and it's hard for me to do much exercise.I work PT ,married and have 2 boys(almost 17 and 10).I'm hoping this will help me,I need all the help I can get!
Old 07-24-2006, 11:31 PM   #7  
I'm on the wagon

S/C/G: 314/275.5/125

Height: short stuff

Hi guys! I see you are all new here! Welcome

Any of you that might be interested in tracking calories should check out the fitday website (fitday.com) and sign up, try it out, it's free. Seemed like a real pain in the bum at first to me but after about 3 days I got the hang of it.

it has made ALL of the difference for me. And I am a junk food junkie. It really has helped me figure out what is going on with my eating.

You guys can do it!

~ Angie
Abbeycat36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 04:26 AM   #8  

Hello all,

I've weighed in today but have remained the same. Still it was to be expected as we went out for dinner on Friday evening and i couldn't resist dessert (honeycomb cheesecake!!) and then we went to a wedding on Saturday so it would have been rude not to tuck in there! Anyway i shall do my very best to get back on track now. We are having unusual weather here in the UK too, it is up in the mid 30's most days, a bit too hot for me but at least it is forcing me to keep up with my water intake. Have to do exercise late in the day though as I am just a sweaty mess in the day time.

Tami, my brother is visiting Seattle on Wednesday for 2 weeks as he has friends over there, not sure where abouts though but i can ask, i shall have to let him know that the weather is good. He has been once before, last year when his friends got married, and he really loved it.

Anyway, positive vibes coming to all of you*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Love Rach xx
Old 07-25-2006, 04:46 AM   #9  

Just text messaged my brother to ask where he was staying and got this answer back :

" N 61st street. just west of the green lake. north of the space needle, about ten minute drive from the city center"

He likes to be thorough!!! (he's a bit mad ;o) )
Old 07-25-2006, 01:36 PM   #10  

This is NOT WORKING!I started counting my calories today and it's only lunch time and I've eaten up way TOO many!What can I do?I don't have any luck with anything!I'm feeling so bummed now.
Need help,Bec
Old 07-25-2006, 09:05 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 187/187/145

Height: 5'03

Hey all, I need to lose 35 lbs. I am doing ww. I would love to chat with any of you to encourage you and vice versa. I am 36 and I have 4 kids. I work a full time job as a preschool teacher. It is nice to meet all of you and I hope to chat with you all soon. take care -Paula
pacemomof4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 02:20 PM   #12  

Default Finally getting a chance to post!

For some crazy reason I have had no time! It might be that I am starting my vacation next week! YEAH! Going to Eastern Oregon, were it's super hot!

As for my calorie counting I haven't been doing too bad. I am feeling better know that I have lowered my sugar intake this week. I'm not so tired all the time. I haven't weighed myself, I don't want to get dissapointed early on. I'm going to wait a couple of weeks.

I just hope that next week I can keep it up! We will be camping and I through in some healthy options, but of course my DH wanted peanut M&M's and Chips. UGH! It'll be tempting.

Rachih- I know the Green Lake area a little, it on the Northern side of Seattle. It's really pretty around there. He'll have fun especially if the weather stays nice! I live South of Seattle, there's not as much traffic. Plus I get a beautiful view of Mt Rainier!

How is everyone else doing?

Tami
Old 07-28-2006, 05:07 AM   #13  

Hi all,

Hope every one is well.

hello paula, well done on the weight loss so far, keep it up.

Hope it is going better for you Bec, don't worry too much about the little blips, just wake up fresh the next day and start over.

I have justed started my visit from AF so I could eat a horse right now and the fact that my husband went out last night while I was out and bought the kids a load of snacks, pop corn and choc doesn't help as it is staring me in the face!!! I have relented and eaten some i just have to try not to eat it all day - going to be really hard.

We are having friends over for a BBQ tomorrow so i am going to have to try and make it healthy and not eat too much and i havn't had any exercise for 3 days so i am feeling really guilty. Still I am just about managing to keep my calories in check.

Tami, we are going camping for the first time next weekend, we have the tent pitched in the garden at the moment and are thinking of practising tonight, hope the kids like it coz once we get to the campsite they won 't have a lot of choice. We aren't taking anything to cook with - don't feel brave enough - so we will be eating out all our meals, must stay focused. We are going to try and take our bikes and cycle to the pubs for lunch though so that's something at least.
have a great time on your trip Tami - "stay away from the M&M's"

Anyway, speak soon

lots a love Rach xx
Old 07-28-2006, 04:11 PM   #14  

Hello Everyone! Happy Friday!

Bec- Keep it up! I know you can do it.

Paula- Nice to meet you, how is it going?

Abbey- Thanks for the link! I'm going to check it out!

Liz- How is the weight loss going? Congrats on your loss to date!

Rach- We tent camp. The kids get filthy dirty, but they have a great time. We will be cooking our own food. We go with 3 other families and split the cooking so that we don't have to make every meal. We take our boats there as well and I hope to try and do some wakeboarding. I went once last year and it wore me out! I think I am in a little better shape this year.

Hopefully with all the activities we will be doing while camping it will help with any extra calories I take in. I am still going to watch what I eat and pay attention to my portion sizes. AND YES I am going to stay away from the M&MMMMMMM's, hopefully. HEHE.

Have a great week everyone and I will chat with you when I return on the 7th. Good luck to everyone over the next week, keep up the good work!

X0X0X0

Tami