Closed Thread

Old 07-20-2006, 12:16 PM   #1  

Default Home of the Loozing Floozies (#83)

Welcome to McSkinney's Loozing Floozies!

We're a group dedicated to motivating each other through our daily diet/exercise/life struggles and just "being here" for one another!

Anyone is welcome to join us in our conversations--the more the merrier!

Please be sure to go back to thread #82 to stay on top of things
Old 07-20-2006, 12:23 PM   #2  

Sorry I've taken a little extra time to start this new thread--busy busy with my summer class!

Welcome Monica! Glad I didn't scare you away with that PM!! I really think you'll enjoy this group of ladies!

Chris, I love bowling!!! I've been loving the gym lately, too! Too bad we don't live closer--we could motivate each other to go (when the "newness" wears off for me, I'm sure I'll need the motivation!).

Not sure how to get the family to help out with cleaning. With Stewart, I just Stopped doing ANYTHING. After awhile he started helping out some. He's much better now--unfortunately NOW I'm the one who has a hard time getting things done--between work, school, the gym and bowling night I feel like I actually have a LIFE again

Hullo to my dears Shelley and Gayle. Hope Dee is having fun in North Dakota. I wonder if it's as hot in the plains states as it is here in the south. If so, I hope she's drinking PLENTY of fluids!

Sherry, glad to hear good news about Drew. I'll keep thinking of ya!

Hi to Janice, Suzy, Debi, Linda and Chris!!!!!!! Hi to all the lurkers!!!!!!!!

Missing Vicki, Carol, Doni and all of my other "lost" Floozies

Love you all,
Cheryl
Old 07-20-2006, 12:42 PM   #3  
Shooting Star

S/C/G: 166/160.2/131

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning!

I found this site today and I think I fit right in with you floozies I am a mother of 4 girls, 13 5, 4 &4 (twins- proof God has a great sense of humor HA)

I am a harley chick but have not ridden since the kids arrived. For my birthday my DH- Navy guy- ordered me a Harley Davidson Street Bob! It will arrive on October 2nd.

I was so excited! Then I looked in the mirror- you really cannot hide your body on a bike like you can in a minivan. Boy am I a mess! 35+ pounds overweight, no exercise plan, depressed, tired and thinking of getting a tattoo on my rump saying "Body by McDonalds"

So here I am on day two of a very serious diet. I committed to this and intend to see it through. It is the exercise part that is a problem for me though. 7 years ago I used to run 5 miles 3x a week- now I get out of breath going upstairs with the clean towels....

Seeking friendship here and motivation!
Old 07-20-2006, 01:05 PM   #4  
Losing it!

WELCOME! WELCOME! I read in your bio you are a professional artist. I love art too! What kind of art do you do? I love doing anything that shows my creative side. Painting and stained glass are two of my favs....I would LOVE to learn glass blowing/bead making and lately I have had a serious urge to learn tattooing! Had to giggle when I read your tattoo remark!

Cheryl, I'm so,so happy I'm back!!! Missed all of you sooooooooo much!

I'm leaving in a week girls for my Sylvia Browne conference. I will be spending Saturday the 29th getting in tune with my spiritual/psychic side. Did I tell you all, Steve is LESS then excited about going??? LOL!
Old 07-20-2006, 02:16 PM   #5  
Shooting Star

Hi Fellow Artist!!! (I *knew* I belonged in here!)
I paint a lot of animal work- mostly homeless pets. Blowing glass would be awesome to learn! I too thought of learning tattooing- one of my paintings was tattooed on a client by a professional- funny!

If you post one of your works I will post one of mine *GRIN*

Sylvia Brown- I am interested in her dream book.
Old 07-20-2006, 02:30 PM   #6  
In it for life!

Howdy,

Haven't had much time to post lately. Been so busy with working, dating, and family stuff.

I weighed in last night. Didn't gain or shed so I suppose that's a bonus. Kinda discouraging because I wanted to drop a pound or two. Well, I must admit I cheated a little this weekend so it's all my fault.

I do have some good news to tell though! I got a raise and a promotion! Not sure when I will start my new position as they have yet to hire anyone to replace me. Hopefully by the middle of August I will assume my new duties!

Looks like everybody has been just as busy as I have.

Welcome HDStreetBob!

Wonder if Dee has bought everything in sight? I desperately need some new clothes. I know my coworkers are tired of seeing me in the same thing all the time because I'm tired of wearing it. My "too big" stack is getting taller and taller!
Old 07-20-2006, 02:40 PM   #7  
Shooting Star

Way To Go LINDA! Raise and Promotion! More clothes money!
Old 07-20-2006, 03:23 PM   #8  

Quote:
I desperately need some new clothes. I know my coworkers are tired of seeing me in the same thing all the time because I'm tired of wearing it.
Yup, I know exactly how you feel (except my TOO SMALL clothes pile is the one growing ). I started to ask my co-worker this morning if she was tired of seeing me wear the same 3 shirts over and over .

Gayle, I'm glad you're back, too!!!!!! I'll try to find a link to something you've posted before for Stella. Maybe you should post some of your recent stuff, though (for ALL of us)

Some of my favorite people in the world are named Stella.
Old 07-20-2006, 03:30 PM   #9  
Losing it!

Hmmmm...let me see what I can do. I haven't picked up a paint brush in over a year though! Life keeps getting in the way!!
Old 07-20-2006, 03:32 PM   #10  
Shooting Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4myself

Some of my favorite people in the world are named Stella.

*GRIN*

What is funny is that I only have one business outfit- so if you look at the web site for the annual international exhibition I attend I have the same outfit on every time! I only have one dress too but I have been afraid to try it on lately. Maybe after a month of healthy living....

How do you all deal with cooking for the family and loosing weight? It is annoying to have to cook for them all- if I had the $$ they would all eat what I do HA HA HA- None of them need to lose weight though.
Old 07-20-2006, 04:12 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 255.5/235.5/160

Height: 5"8"

Welcome HDStreetBob,
I just joined too, and also have 4 daughters, but mine are all on their own, and some have kids. i don't paint, infact I have no artistic talents, but 2 of my girls and 1 granddaughter have that talent, which they got from a brother of mine. I do make bread, but mostly Irish Bread, as my parents were both born there.
I have a question though, what did you do to get the weight line, I entered my weight in my bio, and my goal? Monica
Old 07-20-2006, 04:28 PM   #12  

Quote:
I do make bread, but mostly Irish Bread, as my parents were both born there.
I have a question though, what did you do to get the weight line, I entered my weight in my bio, and my goal?
Ummmmmmm....... bread

I've always wondered about the weight line in the siggy, too. Never been able to figure it out
Old 07-20-2006, 04:40 PM   #13  

Gosh I don't feel so bad then!! I thought it was just because I wasn't good on computers.
Old 07-20-2006, 04:50 PM   #14  
Shooting Star

Click on the line that says "www.3fatchicks.... " above the weight line- then design your line and copy the code into your signature (User CP on top menu bar> signature (on left) )

Old 07-20-2006, 04:59 PM   #15  

I got all the way to picking the slider and then the next page I do not understand. I don't understand how to add it to my signature. HELP !!!
Closed Thread