Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 12-04-2001, 01:09 PM   #1  
Dancing those pounds away

Default 300+ And Ready To Try Again...111

WELCOME !!!!

We are a group of people who are working together to lose our excess weight.
We are on different plans and are of different sizes.
We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We recently started a Topic of the Day.

Monday........Motivation Monday
Tuesday.......Tuesday Tips
Wednesday.....Wednesday Weigh ins
Thursday......Thankful Thursday
Friday........Friday Facials, Fingernails and Fun
Saturday.......Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Sunday.........Soup and Salad Sunday - recipes

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We have found them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears...joys and celebrations.

Please feel free to jump right in with us.
And be sure to check if there is a "second" page.
We don't want anyone to miss any posts.
Old 12-04-2001, 01:17 PM   #2  
You and Me in 2003

Help (I just ate 4 slices of pizza.)
I don't know what happened. It was calling to me. I went to town and there was Dominos beckoning to me to stop. I have got to get a hold on my cravings.

I don't have any tips today unless it's not fall prey to cravings
Old 12-04-2001, 01:23 PM   #3  

Thumbs down HO HO HO

Well it is a woman's perogative to change her mind and I decided to change mine.
I am NOT going to tranfer my last post to this new page. If anyone missed it they can either go back on read #110 second page ... or .......... not.

I am going to share that I went swimming again today.
I just don't understand why it is sooooooo hard to do something you enjoy doing??
It makes no sense to me. Oh well... it doesnt have to make sense... I just have to DO IT !!!!!

OKAY GUYS.... I need an opinion.
Is it better to go to second page and not have so many threads.
Or start a new one every 14 posts??????
Do we all remember to go to second page??
Will it become habit in time??
What about newcomers?? Will they know? Or is it harder for them to keep up with us changing so often.??
Heck.. we could do 3 or 4 pages and only start a new thread once a week even.
What are some of your opinions. I really would like to know.

Enquiring Minds Want To Know.
Old 12-04-2001, 02:32 PM   #4  
Give Peace A Chance !

I just got here so I feel kind of strange putting my 2 cents in but here goes, I think everyone will know to go to the second page. It is a little confusing changing threads this often. The only reason I knew to come here was I saw the end on thread #110 so I started looking for #111. A new thread every Monday sounds good to me. Again that's just MHO

Peace

Last edited by Tazmani77; 12-04-2001 at 07:06 PM.
Old 12-04-2001, 06:48 PM   #5  
I'm on my way!

I have seen on other threads where they start a new one each day. If it goes to page two or three then so be it! I have no preference...whatever anyone else wants to do! I always check to see if we have two pages or more and read them all!!

I got locked out of here earlier today. I updated my profile and it wouldn't let me post! I finally got it straightened out!!

Well I am off to give the boy his bath...will catch ya later!
BTW, thats a pic of my baby boy! Its not real clear...I have to play with it more to see if I can fine tune it!

Last edited by MichelleK; 12-04-2001 at 06:53 PM.
Old 12-04-2001, 09:13 PM   #6  

I am sitting here at my computer fuming FIRE from my eyes. Grrrrr
I need that picture of Taz with lightning everywhere. I am sooooooooooo mad.
I wrote a realllllllyyy longggg post and got kicked off line. I totally forgot to copy as I typed. Grrrrrr

I will try to remember most of it. I am writing OFF LINE now.
I told everyone I was in here early tonight because my husband was going to sleep in the guest room tonight and that is where the computer is. He goes to bed early so I will miss my late night posting.
We bought a new $$$$$ bed for the guest room when my parents came to visit. Our old bed was BAD !!!!! I don't know where my brain was when I bought such an expensive bed... but my DH has a bad back and he is hoping this new bed will help it.

I also told everyone that I had posted a sweet endearing story of how the "Angel" came about becoming a Christmas Tree Topper. Go back to "Support" and you can find it there. It is very short but worth reading. I thought everyone at 3FC would enjoy it. Please take the time to read it.

I then bragged that I am getting my water in finally. I have drank at least 60oz and I am working on another 20oz bottle now. Then I will have drank eight 10oz bottles or ten 8oz bottles... whichever sounds like the most.

Next I told Michelle what a DARLING little boy Andrew was. What a sweetie.!!
Susie's Andrew is equally as cute... so I am naming my next child ANDREW.
That way I will have a cute baby too.

I also expressed my thoughts on when to go to the next page.
I asked for your opinions but had not posted mine.
I originally liked going to a new thread before we went to a second page...
BUT....this just seems too often to me now.
They tell you on the main board how many pages are on the topic now and they didn't used to do that. I think everyone will find the second page now.
I do not like the idea of a daily new page. That is even more often than one page.
I also know that there have been several days that only 1-2 people post in a day.
I would really get a complex being the only one.
I vote for continuing 28-30 posts....then new page. But then again.. I am a creature of habit.

Hubby just came to claim the room. I have got to exit. LOL

Picture below should be labeled...."Watch where you sit." LOL

Last edited by 2cute2Bfat; 12-04-2001 at 09:20 PM.
Old 12-04-2001, 09:32 PM   #7  
Michigan Old-Timer

Hi everyone! Yesterday ended on a positive note. No eating like crazy because I lost a few pounds. YIKES! I hate when that happens, but I was determined, yesterday that my celebration would NOT include an eating frenzy. It has been another good day today, so two in a row! Woohoo!

I really only have one Tip for Tuesday, and that is: Be true to your program. Let me explain. We are all on different programs here and each program has it's own set of rules. Using WW as an example: In a day you need 6 glasses of water, 5 servings of fruit/veggies, so many points worth of protein, so many points worth of carbs. You also need to journal your food intake, including BLT's (Bites, Licks and Tastes). So if you skip any of these, you are NOT on program!!! It takes all of the components to make your program work on a consistent basis. Anyone can eat next to nothing one week and lose a few pounds, but to lose weight consistently, you must follow a plan and follow it well. I have found that many times I have been "OP", but when I really look at it, I wasn't as "OP" as I would like to have believed. Which leads me to....

Thanks everyone for your kind congratulations. I really was OP last week and it really made a difference. I will continue to be OP this week even though I know another 7 pounds is not a possibility (not a bad attitude, just reality).

Jen: So sorry you are in such physical trouble. That's really awful. Have you tried a Catholic hospital. I don't think you have to be Catholic, but I know that they have to treat you and waive the fees if necessary because they are non-profit. Hope you feel better real soon.

Susie: Good for you being back on program. It'll all come back to you soon.

Tazmani: Congrats on your 2 pounds! It is amazing what a little encouragement at the scale can do for you! * I do WW and I pretty much follow the stuff I outlined above. Last week I had pizza for dinner one night, I had Burger King one night. I made cabbage soup and potato soup for lunches a couple of days. And I got in all of my fruit/veggie servings and water every day. * BTW, don't even think twice about giving your opinion here. You're a part of the group now....new, old or whatever. Your opinion is always welcome.

2cute: You have the darndest time with lost posts. I'm glad you took the time to re-post it. Usually I don't have the time! * Sounds like you needed the new bed for your room and not the guest room. Maybe you should swap them. Hope it helps with the back! * Sorry I didn't warn you to get the chair! Keep up that swimming and that 4 pounds will melt away in no time.

Michielle: That's a really cute little boy you've got their. Mine were cute and little once too!

Mary: Size 20 jeans!!! WooHoo for YOU!!! Someday I will be able to say the same thing! *fingers crossed*

As far as the thread goes, I don't know! I PM'd Suzanne to see what the deal was and if it could be changed back, but I'm not getting my hopes up. I really hate second pages! But I don't really like starting new threads all the time either. Guess that kind of leaves me with a 'dangling Chad' doesn't it???

Gonna run. You all behave.

"Wisdom doesn't automatically come with old age. Nothing does---except wrinkles. It's true, some wines improve with age. But only if the grapes were good in the first place. - Abigail Van Buren

Last edited by thinthinker; 12-04-2001 at 09:42 PM.
Old 12-05-2001, 12:44 PM   #8  
Give Peace A Chance !

good day everyone. When I woke up this morning I am down another pound but i'm not counting it yet untill it stays gone for at least 3 days. I've been fooled by this type of thing before.

Thanks Thin, You are such a sweety

2cute: I know what you mean. That happens to me a lot and I just hate it. Mostly it happens when I try to add a file that is too large but it has happened for no reason at all too.

This is Wendsday, what is the activity for today? My memory is horrible. You guys are so interactive here I want to do all the stuff too.

Well I'm going to go for now.

2Cute this is for you

Peace

Last edited by Tazmani77; 12-05-2001 at 12:46 PM.
Old 12-05-2001, 01:21 PM   #9  
Falling, but fighting...

Default 2 Days Down--OP!!!!

Well, I did it again yesterday. I drank my water, journaled, measured, rode my bike for 30 minutes, and banked 5 points. Yeah for me.

This morning I woke up at 1am and couldn't fall back asleep, so after laying in bed for 1 hour, I got up and rode the bike for 20 minutes. Then I drank some diet pepsi and ate 1 ounce of Wow Cheese Flavored Chips (1pt). At least I exercised, so it cancels out the chips. I finally feel back asleep around 3am and the alarm clock went off at 5:15am--aaaaaahhhhh. I am so tired.

Anyhow, today is going well. I am still OP and since I already did 20 minutes of my workout, I only have 10-20 minutes more to do tonight (that's doable).

Tonight should also be a good point banking, since we have Gymboree tonight, and we usually just eat sandwiches, or bagels for dinner (for time sakes). So I probably will have at least 5 points to bank today too (fingers crossed).

My Mom called last night and told me she couldn't do lunch today, which was a relief for me, since I am NOT ready to face eating out yet. I need to stick to staying in and preparing my meal.

Taz: Way to go on the 1# down.

TT: I agree with your tip for the day. I am finally being true to WW and I know I am going to do well because of it.

2Cute: Thanks for the kind words about Andrew. I wish I knew how to put his picture on this site, but alas I don't. On a side note, Andrew is 23 months old today. I can't believe he is going to be 2 y/o in one month. Where does time go?

Michelle: it was blurry, but you could still see how cute he is.

Grannie: Shake it off and more on. I can say that from vast experience in that subject.

Well, have a great day.
Old 12-05-2001, 07:10 PM   #10  
You and Me in 2003

Evening all.
I put up my christmas tree today but haven't decorated it yet. I let the cats get used to it for a few days.

I ate a salad for dinner. I feel so bloated.
I tried the pecan pie recipe and tossed it in the trash that tells you how it was.
Glad everyone is ok. Talk more later.
Old 12-05-2001, 11:37 PM   #11  
Michigan Old-Timer

Good evening everyone! Didn't quit do as well today as I have been. Didn't make the best choice at lunch today. Had a job and ordered this Italian chicken sandwich. It was HUGE. Good, but fell apart. Didn't really enjoy it all that much, which make it even worse. Tonight for dinner I had Pop-Tarts. Yes, Pop-Tarts!!! Again, not the best choice. Do you know they are 200 calories per tart?? Not per 2 in a package tarts. 200 calories per 1 tart!!! That is OUTRAGEOUS!!!

I will do better tomorrow. I was under my allotment for the past 2 days, so I'm sure I will be fine. Just need to pay better attention.

My Santa dining room is almost finished. I did 6 jobs today and 4 jobs yesterday. So I'm supposed to be sitting here doing paperwork. Not getting it done and have been sitting here since 7:00!!! Can you say PROCRASTINATION?????

I'm taking my mom and going up to my baby's (for you who are new, he's 20) university. I have my little goodie bags for the Frat boys all finished and next week they will go into studying (yeah, right!) for finals so I like to take them a little snack to help them study!! Then we will shop the school's bookstore for shirts, etc. for Christmas. On the way home we'll stop at the oldest's university and shop his bookstore as well. We'll make a day of it, taking the 'little one' (he's 6'1") out to lunch. Me thinks it will be a grilled chicken salad, what do you think?

Tazmani: Wednesday is Weigh-In, so you had it covered and didn't even know it! I don't count those pounds either until they're gone for a couple days as they are so easy to fluctuate. I weigh on Monday, so on Wednesday I just FAKE it!

Susie: I'm sure that Diet Pepsi and chips helped put you back to sleep! What would we do without those WOW chips??? They are my salvation some days.

Mary: Oooooo, darn about the pecan pie!!! I was really hoping it would be great!! * How many cats? Did I know you have cats??? I have one. Actually, one is enough! He is 17 pounds! Like momma, like kitty. Fat, fat, fat!!!

Well girls, it's 11:30 PM here. I guess it's too early for 2cute. Don't know where the rest of our friends are. Hope they're back soon. I have got to get this paperwork done, so......I'm outta here! Love to all.

"The secret of staying younger is to live honestly, eat slowly, and lie about your age." - Lucille Ball
Old 12-06-2001, 01:27 AM   #12  

Default Shhhhh...hubby is sleeping. Zzzzzzz

I have snuck in to say hello. Hubby is sleeping next to me so I can't stay.
I have a keyboard that is loud if it is quiet in the room so I don't want to push my luck.

My food was fine today but my mood sucked BIG time.
I came in here and wrote like 5 different posts but all were so negative I deleted them.
Went shopping all day and being so darn FAT just got to be more than I could cope with. Not just the physical pain of all that walking but also the shame too. Plus I have a lot of BAD history associated with Christmas that I have not gotten over yet. Long boring story that I really need to get OVER.

Anyway... I unpacked most of my Christmas boxes so I have part of the mess out of my kitchen FINALLY. It was really starting to bother me... A LOT. I still have a long ways to go. I don't have my tree up yet. I babysit tomorrow so it won't get done then either.

Oh... before I forget. I am going to Branson, Missouri Friday morning for the weekend. It is our 32nd wedding anniversary and we are going to go see the Rockettes. We are staying for the entire weekend so I won't be around till Monday. I'm sure I will post many times by then. Just wanted to be sure you knew I hadn't thrown in the towel or anything.

I am sneaking out just as I snuck in. I will reply to everyone tomorrow while my grandbaby is napping. I don't want to get caught in here.
Old 12-06-2001, 08:16 AM   #13  
You and Me in 2003

Good morning all

2 cute: I know what you mean about shopping, but it will get better. As we lose all this weight I am looking forward to the day I can buy a sexy dress.

Thin: I was disapointed about the pie too. We have two inside cats and 1 outside. I think I told you on the other thread. We have 1 kitten for the time being but its going to a little girl at christmas. 3 cats in the house is a LOT.

Susie: I tried the sour cream onion fat free pringles they are soooo good.

Well Dh took the day off to do his christmas shopping. I have to decorate the tree it looks bare. I still have a little shopping to do too. I have so many dinners in the next two weeks.Sat. I have the genealogical society party. On Monday we have American Legion Christmas dinner, the 13 I have ladies circle Christmas dinner, the 16 we go to my grandmothers. AgHHHHHH Wish me luck I will need it.
Old 12-06-2001, 09:07 AM   #14  

Default Rise and Shine

Well I see Mary is already shining. Mary... I wish you tons of luck for all of your dinners ...BUT ...don't forget it takes a lot more than luck to make it thru the holidays. It takes commitment, planning, gratitude, and plain old common sense. I wish you all of those even MORE.

I am getting ready to babysit. Thought I would start my day with my Thankful Thursday list.

I am thankful I am hanging in there.
I am thankful that I learned "last year" what damage can be done during holidays.
I am thankful that I have a plan not to make the same mistakes again.
I am thankful for all of you.

My phone is ringing... gotta go.
Old 12-06-2001, 01:57 PM   #15  
Falling, but fighting...

Default 3 Days OP!!!!

3 Days down and guess what peeks its dreary head (TOM--time of the month). I sure hope it is just a fluke, as I am on the Depo shots and don't generally get periods, but if it is here, it may screw up my weigh in on Saturday.

Oh well, I did everything OP yesterday, even though my plans were changed and I had to leave work early as Andrew threw up at daycare. We then did the doctor thing (stomach bug) and then went home and I started to chow. I chowed, but all OP and still exercised and managed to bank 5.5 points. Yeah me.

Today is going well too. I just sat down to lunch and have 21.5 points left for dinner and snacks, and that doesn't include my exercise points.

I am starting to feel a little more in control, but my motivation is still down. Anyone know how to boost it?

Anyhow, have a great day.
Closed Thread