UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 07-14-2006, 08:38 AM   #1  

Default hello

hi, i am from the united states(new jersey) i have been on and off of this site for yrs yo yo ing up and down. someone sent me a book from the uk, about slimming world and i would like to start it on monday. i know i would love to meet people on this plan and i know i will have lots of questions and hopefully get some support and advice. is there a specific forum i should post on? do you post everyday progress and successess?. i did briefly try this before but just by myself or i asked questions to the person who sent me the book. i am hoping if i have somewhere to post everyday with people on the same plan i may be successful this time. as you may know they dont have the slimming world program here, so it is hard to find support buddies. thank you and i am hoping to get going on this soon. looking forward to meeting new people.
willbethin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 09:02 AM   #2  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

Hello & welcome!

There are some people on the UK forum doing Slimming World, perhaps start a slimming world thread in the UK section, or just dive right in our chat section if you've got any questions.

2frustrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 09:12 AM   #3  

Hi willbethin I go to the sw meetings You can post here anything you want (well within reason ) ask away if you have questions about the plan.
veggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 10:36 AM   #4  

HI, Welcome!

Yes I am doing Slimming World too. Of course some of the manufactured food mentioned in the books will not be available to you but mainly if you do your own cooking or make some substitutes in theings 9say tinned beans etc) you will be ok.

Ask us any questions - maybe entitle it Slimming world questions and those in the know can help you.

Have you looked on the website? Of course you would need the weekly passward to get into some of the stuff. I am rubbish at remembering it each week!
peacock 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2006, 09:02 AM   #5  

hi guys, thanks for the responses. i am starting today, i am weighing in at 187lbs. i am 41 yrs old and am 5'3 in. i will ask away with questions if i think i am running into a problem. well gotta get breakfast and go to work. this site is so slow for me to go on, i will try to post as often as i can.
Old 07-19-2006, 04:16 PM   #6  

well that lasted almost three days. i do like the plan. but then again i liked alot of plans i was on. but not for very long. i had icecream today and a baked potato with to much butter on it. this losing weight isnt about a plan that will or wont work for me, it is a mental thing for me, i have to get mentally motivated and mentally committed to eat healthy in healthy portions and excercise alot more. thanks for the support and veggies thanks for the word. but i wont be doing this plan. my relationship with food is not healthy and i have to figure out why i eat and when i eat sometimes why i need to binge. good luck to you all and thanks again.
Old 07-20-2006, 10:22 AM   #7  
Heather/Caterpillar

I think we can all identify with that to a point. For me it is about taking control and ownership of my weight. I need to stop acting like a victim and being all 'oooh I don't know why I'm so heavy I don't eat much' which is true but the stuff I do eat isn't the right kind of stuff for my body. I would say to you to take one step at a time, try to bring more fruits and veggies in and take more water on board, try walking a little more (if possible). Take baby steps and good luck!
Heva2015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 11:52 AM   #8  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

So what you ate ice cream? Guess what - I eat ice cream too! I had some the night before last. Don't throw away a "plan" just because you ate ice cream. You eat the ice cream, then you continue with the plan. No-one sticks to a plan 100% 100% of the time. That's real life

A bit of ice cream now and again won't harm your weight loss efforts anyway, you'll end up feeling deprived and sucky and you'll throw the towel in again and again. just make the mistakes and move on... It's what successful "dieters" do.
2frustrated is offline   Reply With Quote