South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 07-20-2006, 10:01 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 270/212/170

Height: 5'9

Default Please help me w/ my menu

Hi Ya'll

I've been doing SB since May 05, took a few months off and have since lost the 10 lbs gained from that time. So I am essentially back where I started when I left the beach. Anyhoo, I can't seem to get ahead now?

I know I need to get my veggies in the morning, I am aware I lack that skill. I've tried V-8 juice it makes me gag, and I've tried putting green peppers in my omelets and it gives it a funky taste. I've tried putting spinach in a smoothie and I can definitely taste it and couldn't finish it?

So, aside from the morning veggies can you all be a dear and tell me if there is anything I can do to change whatever I'm doing wrong?

I am doing PH 2

B: 2 eggs, 2 pc turkey bacon, frappucino (from recipe board)
or mock french toast w/ 1 - 1 1/2 cup skim milk (which I had this morning)

S1: cucumbers, or apple, or cheese stick etc.

L: most of the time it's left overs, or chicken breast w/ 2 C veggies or salad, turkey burger patties w/ 2 C veggies, or big ole' salad from subway/hungry howies etc.

S2: I don't usually have an afternoon snack, I'm just not hungry til I get home

D: taco bake w/ salad or meatball cassserole w/ veggies or chicken stirfry or any type of entree on the phase 1 list

S3: low carb/no sugar ice cream bar, or jello, or sf pudding

Now some days I have school in the evenings and I've been having a sf russell stover cereal bar:
100 cal
4g fat
0g trans fat
0 cholesterol
20 carbs
7 fiber
10 sugar alcohol
1 protein
I will use these as snack before I get home to get a quick dinner.

I know this is kind of jumbled, but I would really appreciate any help from you

And I drink water all day long, I no longer have sodas. I either have skim milk/crystal light/ carbonated water/ water

Thanks so much you ladies are the greatest!!!!!
Old 07-20-2006, 10:24 AM   #2  

Hi Tammy, at first blush, this menu looks pretty good! Perhaps there are hidden fats or sodium? In the dressings or butters? Have you tried to run your calories through fitday? Do you like any other dairies like yogurt or cottage cheese? How about "replacing" a meat dish with a legume one?

I like omelet florentines.. or I take leftover dinner veggies like broccoli, cauliflower, red peppers, mix it with egg beaters some parm cheese in a baking dish and make a Fritatta..

I hate V8 too.. I drink Tomato Juice..but have to watch it since it has a high Sodium content.

I would try running a few days food through fitday to see how it all breaks down calorie, Fat/Carb/Protein/Sodium wise...
Old 07-20-2006, 10:37 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 270/212/170

Height: 5'9

Hi Schatzi!!!!

I run my info every day at fitday, on average my calorie intake is anywhere from 1300-1700, I haven't seen the area with sodium information? I show calories, fat, carbs, proteins. How can I get it to show sodium?

I've not thought about using left overs for breakfast, I was just afraid that the my calories would end up too high for the day. Or I thought about having yogurt w/ berries in the morning but I'm so confused about what yogurt to eat I kind of stay away from it. But I wonder if I use yogurt instead of ricotta cheese in my smoothies, if it would help lower any of the calories?

I'm just up for any kind of changing that is doable for me,

I really appreciate your input, you're great Schatzi!!!!
Old 07-20-2006, 11:05 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

%-DV Graph is in the bottom left hand corner of your food log in fitday. Click on it and it will show you the percentage of daily values for sodium. 2500g. is the recommended max and lots of prepared foods give you 33% of that in one shot! A glass of tomato juice for example gives 40% of your sodium allowance!
Closed Thread