Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-19-2006, 08:00 PM   #1  
Starting Fresh

Height: 5'2"

Default OMG! I don't believe this!

So I just went and donated blood and I am sitting there eating my cookies and this volenteer there starts talking to me - older man. Trying to get me to have more cookies and take some home and I am like no thanks, anyway it came down to him saying I was trying to lose weight and all this. So he asks how much I have lost and I say a little over 30 pounds and he is like WOW GOOD FOR YOU! that kind of thing. And then he asks how much I weigh now and I say, about 180. And he goes NO WAY ( and goes I weigh 180!) and here I am thinking he thinks there is no way I way that cuz I look so good (heres to hoping) so he keeps saying no way and then he goes YOU WEIGHED OVER 200 POUNDS? And I was like yah.... I think he was saying NO WAY cuz I am so fat!

Anyway and then he goes, "yah my wife is getting fat!" and I am like "oh?" I mean what do you say to that!?!?! And he goes, when I met her 14 years ago she was 88 and now she is 99, I call her fatso!

FATSO!!! SHE WEIGHS 99 POUNDS!!! I asked if he was short and he said well so, so. She weighs 99 pounds and he calls her FAAAAAT????!?!?!?!?!?!

I almost punched him in the face but instead I just ran out the door.

ARGH!
sotypical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 08:19 PM   #2  

LOL....I just gave blood yesterday too...The old man was just trying to talk to you, but he is very unfortunate in the social setting. The good part is, you lost a pound and saved 3 lives. Bravo!
Infrogwetrust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 08:27 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 160/147/130

Height: 5'4"

oh that's just WRONG! Some people just don't understand things unless they experience them themselves.....I bet if he woke up with 60 unwanted pounds getting in the way of his life he'd treat her differently! Then again my grandmother nicknamed me heffer.....so maybe not.
little grasshopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 08:55 PM   #4  
Starting Fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infrogwetrust
LOL....I just gave blood yesterday too...The old man was just trying to talk to you, but he is very unfortunate in the social setting. The good part is, you lost a pound and saved 3 lives. Bravo!
haha thanks, I feel better now!

I just cant believe some people!
Old 07-19-2006, 08:58 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

How bizarre is that?!?

Good for you for giving blood!
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 09:25 PM   #6  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

WTG on giving blood. With him being an older man, he may have just had this as a nickname for his wife for years. Maybe, she doesn't even mind it. I don't know. I'm not defending him. I say this because my son's GF has the nickname of "fatty" at her work and she is 5'9 and 117 lbs. and looks like a stick. She laughs and thinks it's funny. But for me, always having weight issues if someone called me fatty or fatso, I'd be terribly offended.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 09:42 PM   #7  
Starting Fresh

Lillybell - thats what I thought too, but he clearly said that he only just started calling her fatso because she is getting fat - and he sounded like he really meant it. And thats when I said "That's not very nice!" and he said "but she is!" And then I said "I AM TWICE HER SIZE!" and he laughed and said "she is really small"

Like he kinda sounded like he was kidding but I really don't think he was! Anyway I just hope I hope have to see him again cuz he told me to find him next time and tell him how I was doing. I told my boyfriend and he seemed a little... I dunno not upset, but he told me when they phone me to book an appt for next time to tell them I wouldnt donate again if that guy was there. But I think it is easy enough to advoid him!
Old 07-19-2006, 10:20 PM   #8  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

That is terrible if he really thinks that she is fat at 99 lbs. I think I weighed that much by 4th grade. If my DH called me fat at any weight, it would definitely upset me.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 12:25 AM   #9  
banned

S/C/G: Countdown to goal!

Height: 5'7"

Who knows - maybe his wife is 4'2".
As for the dopey comment, take it for what it is worth from the person giving it. Maybe he was trying to be funny, or maybe he was serious. I dunno - I just know that I don't have time in my life for silly comments from silly people! Don't let it bug you - just be grateful that you don't have to go home to him every night!
freiamaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 12:28 AM   #10  

Height: 5'8.5"

Strange... but it honestly sounds as if the guy might have mental problems.
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 04:19 AM   #11  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

Just want to say - WAW Courtnie, love the new pup pic!!

And yeah that guy was an
2frustrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 05:45 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 185/180/115

Wow!! That Is Pretty Weird...i Guess He's Confused Lol

Wtg On Giving Blood!!
oliviaCAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 05:11 PM   #13  
Proud Army Mom!

S/C/G: 202/185/165

Quote:
Originally Posted by little grasshopper
oh that's just WRONG! Some people just don't understand things unless they experience them themselves.....I bet if he woke up with 60 unwanted pounds getting in the way of his life he'd treat her differently! Then again my grandmother nicknamed me heffer.....so maybe not.
hehehehe....that reminded me. My mom had the nerve to tell me once "you'd make a good field hand" while looking at my beefy arms. (for those of you who may not know what that is, its some one who works in the field picking veggis and fruit. back in the day, they couldn't afford tractors and stuff, so they had to do it all by hand.) can you imagine???
I think Misty is right, the dude was probably twisted.
mel67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 05:29 PM   #14  
hara hachi bu

I had a similar situation once. I was working at the farmers' market for an old farmer, and I was *maybe* 10 pounds overweight (I'm 5'11" so 10 lbs isn't that noticeable). He told me that if I didn't trim down, I would never find a husband. I was like, WTH? I wrote it off as a generational thing. I think (some) men of that age group feel they have free license to comment on womens' bodies. UGH.
phantastica is offline   Reply With Quote