Closed Thread

Old 12-03-2001, 01:40 PM   #1  

Default Panicky bovines

Cows! It's December 3rd! How are we gonna get all this stuff done? Especially now that the weather is so dang cold?

I went to my monthy Bunco party with the girls. The theme this month was "cocktail heads". We got all gussied up, but only from the neck up. One gal wore a bee hive wig w/ Christmas ornaments dangling from it. There were Christmas ornament earrings, lots of glitter and blue eye shadow & false eyelashes, & glamorous hairdos. I wore a red feather boa, purple eyeshadow w/ lavender glitter and very red lipstick. Of course we all wore the usual jeans and sweats too.

So howzit going chickies?
Old 12-03-2001, 05:02 PM   #2  
fatter than U

Wink get all what stuff done?

Hi Wabby! All by your lonesome? Geez, look at this forum - all grey and minty.

Pleas post pics of the Bunco party (what's a Bunco?) ASAP!

I gained three pounds and have nobody to blame but myself. Bleh.

Gotta go to bed, but before that I'm going to order a bunch of fat clothes online.
Old 12-03-2001, 06:33 PM   #3  
Member w/ messiest house

Default That sounds like so much fun

The cocktail head party, not the fat clothes. Although ordering clothes is fun, I'll admit. I wanna have fun. I must be living in the wrong place. Possibly inhabiting the wrong body. I remember fun, but it's been a while.
I am not invited to any Christmas parties, except for the inlaws had theirs last week but we didn't go. DH had to work of course, I didn't want to go and neither did DD, so we begged off. It was mainly for DH's parent's brothers and sisters anyway. Plus they had dinner at 4:00 PM, I kid you not, and there was going to be a scotch auction, but mil wouldn't let us bring our own presents. That's the kind of party I get invited to.

Disgruntled Spouse Rant, please scroll down
What is the adult equivalent of coal in the Christmas stocking? For the 3rd (or is it 4th?) week in a row, DH forgot to haul the garbage cans up to the road. This is getting to emergency proportions, so I had to do it. I tried to drag one up the driveway (our driveway is about 50 yards, up a slope, all gravel and rocks) and I almost broke myself. So I stuffed them into the back of my Explorer (pew!) and drove them up. I'm not a happy camper these days. Please note I also removed the dead mouse from the garage after 2 weeks of begging him to do it.

DH actually came home early tonight, but he went right to bed. I am so schizophrenic--I feel sorry for the guy; he's got laryngitis and he hasn't had a day off in weeks, but good god, he's driving me right around the bend.

End Rant
[size=huge]
Let's see, I still don't have Peaches' new address (come on girl, you want Christmas cards, don't you????? ) nor have I heard from Lush, so I'm just putting her on the list unless she voices an objection.
[/size]

My cute kid is upstairs practicing Christmas carols on her clarinet. I'm going to go "make dinner"-- I just bought a ton of frozen food as I'm tired of making meals people either don't like or don't show up to eat. Tonight we're having chicken nuggets and mac & cheese. Guess I should be a good girl and make a salad.

Later cowsies

Kiwi
Old 12-03-2001, 07:33 PM   #4  

Default Just you n' me kid

Hi Kiwi, I also have a full garbage can because now that DS moved back home it's his responsibility and since he's totally irresponsible it wasn't taken out to the street. (Although that really doesn't even compare to 3 or 4 weeks of trash.) So I feel your pain. And I know all about being schizo about DH's. My DH works so hard I hate to ask him to do anything, so he doesn't, then I get irritated that absolutely everything around the house is done my poor lil' me.

We have a possible adoptive family for DS's little puppy he brought home with him. Keep your fingers crossed, because I really want this puppy to move on to a new home. She's outstayed her welcome.

I wish I had a sweet DD playing Christmas tunes on her clarinet ala "It's a Wonderful Life". What was the little girl who was practicing her song on the piano named?

If I didn't have a freezer full of beef, I'd buy pseudo food for dinner too. Instead I end up making huge dinners for 2. See yas later.

PS Bunco is a dice game. I won $7. Unfortunately, I paid $7 to play.
Old 12-03-2001, 10:26 PM   #5  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

Default my friends are losing weight

okay,so one of them did that BODY for LIFE program,and she has lost 14 pounds and the other one has lost 12 pounds at weight watchers-----so now I am depressed....it made me so mad that I ate a pile of crap.and they weren't even fat,they are both five feet seven and one weighed 150,and the other 164 .so how does everyone feel about my friend's willpower.
Old 12-04-2001, 12:01 AM   #6  
*kiss* *kiss* *kiss*

Default my my

It got down to 68 today here. Oh, brrrr brrrrr.

I've heard of Bunco Squad. Did they show up? Are you doing something illegal, Wabbsey?

Kiwi does too have my address.

And I am the fattest.
Old 12-04-2001, 05:33 AM   #7  
fatter than U

Wink I think we all have the same husband

C'ept Peachers, of course, and she's the happiest and thinnest one in the bunch. What does that tell us? We need to find a way to inject Herbie's genes into our dh's.

I have a very long dh and garbage story which I will save for later because I really should be doing something else right now.

Old 12-04-2001, 07:42 PM   #8  
Member w/ messiest house

Good luck with the puppy, Wabbit. I love dogs, but I have my limit (actually I think my limit is one ). I have taken in cats that didn't belong to me, but they are less of a responsibility.

I remember the name of the other girl in IAWL -- Zuzu -- as in "Zuzu's petals". I just saw it a couple weeks ago. Can't remember the piano playing girl.

All the way down to 68 degrees, Peachie? Poor dear, are you wrapped up in your winter woolies? We had a really warm day today, I think it got up to 50. It was so nice I did some yard work. Found out my porch swing is rotted. Probably because it's not really on a porch but has been exposed to the elements for years...

Well, DH is home. Have to go help him cook his frozen dinner

Kiwi
Old 12-04-2001, 07:45 PM   #9  
Most boring housewife.

Default condolences accepted

The flowers and gifts acknowledging the death of My Beatle were a lovely gesture.
My address is the same and I would love cards. I will try to send same myself...like anyone really wants mail from New Jersey.
My DH is coming off one of those marathon work periods when he leaves the house before 6 and gets home in time to take whatever kid to whatever sport is going on that night.
I have suspected that he does all this so that he will never have to do anything mundane.
So, I flunked my pap test. What do you think that means? I have to have a biopsy tomorrow. I have had this before so I don't think it is too serious. At least I hope not. I knew something like this was going to happen. That is what I get for going to the doctor.

Christmas Displays
1. Outside of house
2. foyer and stairs
3. Nativity scene in LIving room

I still have lots of crap all over the living room floor in preparation for being put up...does that count?

That's all.
Old 12-05-2001, 01:35 AM   #10  
Member w/ messiest house

Lush, you get scads of credit for having dragged out the Christmas stuff in the first place. Hope all goes well with the biop.--I'm sure it sounds scarier than it is.

Gee, I tried that sports dad thing -- DD wouldn't go along with it. She quit basketball after breaking her ankle. Weenie. Unfortunately, hauling the kids to sporting events doesn't seem to help at all with the house, does it? And then, I always felt compelled to be there too.

Tata
Kiwi
Old 12-05-2001, 03:57 PM   #11  

Default My poor achin' head

I'm just come off a 24 hr migraine from ****. The lift your head and barf kind. (sorry, Lush).

The ppl didn't take the puppy. Sob. So now I've gone out and bought a pet carrier for her. She must be contained. I've also stopped by a pet store and inquired about them possibly taking her. She is a purebred so if I can stand to leave her in a room full of yapping puppies, this will probably be an option. I talk to the shop owner tomorrow.

Bagzie, are we really seriously talking about losing weight in December? I thought that was next months train of thought.

Lushy, good luck w/ the biopsy. Keepin' my fingers and toes crossed for you. I hate going to the doctor - they always look for things that are wrong with you instead of complimenting us on what is still in good condition. Spoilsports.

Tell us the DH & trash story Sugar.
Closed Thread