Sonoma Diet Recipes Recipes marked for each wave of the Sonoma Diet. Recipes fit in with whole food diets and the Mediterranean diet.

Old 07-19-2006, 04:26 AM   #1  
American ex-pat

S/C/G: 182/180/140

Height: 5'2"

Default Wave 1 -Spinach-stuffed mushrooms

Oh wow, these were sooo good! And they are filling enough to be the main course. Plus, it's really quick and easy. I served them with flavored rice. A side salad would be good, too. I got this recipe from a Slimming World magazine and the whole family, even my picky kids, loved it.

Serves 4

8 large, flat field mushrooms
Fry Light (or a spray like Pam or something)
S&P
4 garlic cloves
3 large tomatoes
6 oz/170 g mozzarella
11oz/312g fresh baby spinach

Gently clean the mushrooms and remove the stalks. Spray with Fry Light and put them on the grill rack, cap side up. Grill them on a moderate heat for 5 minutes. Turn them over and grill for another 5 minutes or until the shrooms start to weep. Mine "wept" well before 5 minutes was up. Meanwhile, peel and crush the garlic, cut the tomatoes into 8 slices and grate the mozzarella. Spray a skillet with Fry Light (or use some EVOO), let it get hot and then add the garlic and the spinach. Stir-fry for about 4 or 5 minutes, until the spinach iswilted but not a big soggy mess. Add the nutmeg and S&P to taste. Stir well.

Top the mushrooms with the spinach mixture. Put a tomatoe slice on top of each and sprinkle with the mozzarella. Place under a hot grill for 2 or 3 minute or until cheese is bubbly. Serve immediately as I can't see that they would be very nice reheated.
Mummy_Tummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 07:44 AM   #2  
Teapot Diva-short & stout

This sounds like a delicious recipe. Thanks for sharing--BJ
BridgetJFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 12:55 PM   #3  
American ex-pat

S/C/G: 182/180/140

Height: 5'2"

I was scouring through, looking for new recipes, and thought to myself 'yum, this one sounds good'. It wasn;t til I copied it that i realized I was the one who originally posted it nealy 4 years ago! Looks like we'll be trying them again soon. :-)
Mummy_Tummy is offline   Reply With Quote