Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 07-18-2006, 05:59 PM   #1  
Less30

Question New Here...Want to try Fat Smash....

Hi! I am new to this site and not really sure how it all works. I am waiting for my NEW diet book to arrive...Fat Smash. I am curious to hear from others and to see if there are any tips that I should know. Seems like I have tried every diet out there and still have 30 pounds that I DON'T want! Looking for some help and encouragment.
buttercupkitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 06:32 PM   #2  

Welcome Buttercupkitty. I too am interested in this diet and would like to know more, so once u get started come back and give some updates as I am curious if this diet is really managable for a busy person, on a budget, or if it is too complex and overwhelming. From others I have heard that it is an effective diet and that it is a short book, that doesn't explain enough. Yet, they also say they lose weight following the plan. I am interested in hearing your take.
tobetheman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 10:39 PM   #3  
it's always something

We've had a few people interested in the Fat Smash diet. There is a new thread in our general diet forum that you might be interested in http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=88577

Good luck!
Suzanne 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 02:44 PM   #4  
Boo1972

S/C/G: 165/165/145

Height: 5'3

Red face New and Also on the smash diet

Hi everyone—I’m new to this site—I’m also giving the fat smash diet a try—This is day 3 for me I must admit I substitute cheese grits for the oatmeal and I slip yesterday and Had about 8oz of Dr.Pepper
I’m very committed to the 30 mins of exercise five days of week and so far I have been getting up an hour early to make sure I squeeze it in--Has any one completed the nine days---and if so how much weight have you lost I currently weight 165---small term goal is to lose 10lbs by aug 17---long term goal to weigh between 135-140 by the end of September or middle of October
Boo1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 09:42 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 189/170/135

Height: 5'5

Hi all. I started Fat Smash on Monday and also joined the boards on Monday. I had a killer headache (caffeine withdrawal) for a couple of days. I am adding a bit more protein to the diet during lunch so I won't be so hungry all day. I am getting a bit overloaded with fruit and veggies but am pushing through.
I am hoping not to give up by the 9th day! it gets a little easier as the days go on but I know once the weekend hits, it is going to be tough!
189bgone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 11:48 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 120/120/105

Height: 5'1

I am new to this website. I think it'll be good to have some support. I watched Celebrity Fit Club and they all lost a lot of weight for their first weigh-in using the Fat Smash Diet. So I'm going to give it a try. I've been trying to lose the same 15 pounds for two years. My problem is that I never stick with anything. I'll try a diet for three days and if I don't see any results I give up. I need to learn patience, I know. The thing with this diet, I don't like veggies that much. Can I steam them until they are mushy or am I supposed to eat them raw? Any good suggestions?
lil red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 02:22 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 220/220/160

Height: 5'4"

Hi, I'm new to this site...I came across it looking for support groups of the Fat Smash Diet. Today is my first day on the diet and so far so good. I'm not tired like i thought i would be.. This is a cool site with all the support the we can give each other.....Does anyone have some recipes or know a site where i can find some recipes that will help me get through Phase I.. I open to any kind of help and input. I look forward to Smashing this Fat. Good luck to all who have started Let's show this fat our
GeminiBrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 10:02 PM   #8  

It's the end of day 1. 8 more to go. I had a slight headache in the middle of the day. Is that normal during the detox period?
Old 08-30-2006, 10:22 PM   #9  
ShoreChick

S/C/G: 148/136/120

Height: 5'1

Day 4 for me today.....Yesterday,Day 3, was the worst but much better today. Resisting the urge right now for some pretzles or chips!!!But I am learning to snack on fruits instead & I can feel a change in my clothing already,so I am going to be strong!
ShoreChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006, 03:25 PM   #10  

It's Day 4 of Phase I. Today is not a good day for me. I woke up with a headache and feeling so sluggish. I'm getting tired of eating the same thing. i'm hoping this is the only hard day for me. I'm really hoping that things take a turn for the better tomorrow. Can anyone please help with some suggestions on how they were able to change up the eating to get through Phase I. I did try the brown rice with salsa like someone suggested and I must say it was delicious

GOOD LUCK FAT SMASHERS!!!!
Old 09-02-2006, 04:10 PM   #11  
eagelwoman

S/C/G: 220/190/160

Height: 5' 5"

Hi Gemini, One of the reasons that I came to hang out here for the first time today is some wonderful phase 1 recipes that I got from SB Chicks in the book. I have made SB Spinich Quiche {i did not like them hot but love them cold.Like having a muffin.} Mock French toast {had it this morning with turkey sausage. WONDERFUL} and served my guests three nights ago "Bacon cheeseburger salad. " Everyone loved it so I did not tell them it was from my diet. Look into some of the great recipes and try them. You won't be sorry. Eaglewoman
Eaglewoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006, 12:18 AM   #12  
Behold the Green and Gold

Height: 5'8

HI, I am new to this site as well. Also waiting for my book to come in the mail from amazon. I've heard good things about the diet I really hope it works for me and you guys as well!!
GoldenNSU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006, 12:24 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 296.6/280.1/Healthy

Height: 6'0

Hi all. I just want to start of by saying that is website is great. I started Smashing on Aug. 24 and i'm down 11.5 pounds at day 12. All I can say is for anyone who is having trouble stick to it. I knew that is diet must work if Bone Crusher was losing the weight. I haven't set a goal for myself, I just hope to lose as much weight as I can buy Thanksgiving which would be the end of my 90 days. Good luck to all.
SexyZetaSlimmingDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006, 12:45 AM   #14  
Just starting out...

I'm new here too, I feel like a small fish in big water. I need to get it together with myself. I don't like me very much...how can I learn to start loving me? I hate what I see when I look in the mirror. I eat more because it hurts, but the more I eat the more I hurt...
gisela312 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006, 08:55 AM   #15  

Welcome to the site SexyZetaSlimmingDown, gisela, and Golden NSU. I agree this is a great site. This is Day 6 for me. Just want to congratulate SexyZeta on her weight loss and keep up the good work. You're well on your way to Smashing That FAT!!

Gisela.....Don't feel like you're a small fish in big water. Think in your mind that you're in the water with a school of fish who supports one another and doesn't leave any stragglers behind. You can start loving yourself by saying and seeing positive things within yourself. Noone can love you like YOU!!! Remember that if you don't remember that. I know where you're coming from because I was en emotional eater. You have to realize you're not hurting the person or people that hurt you. You're only hurting yourself.
All women are beautiful in their own way. We don't want to see you giving yourself anymore PITY PARTIES.

GOOD LUCK TO ALL YOU FAT SMASHERS!!!!