Old 07-18-2006, 03:52 PM   #1  
oh to be this graceful

S/C/G: 293/270/160

Height: 5'9''

Default New and ready

Hi my name is Ann and boy you ever have that revelation where you hit bottom and the only place is to go up. Well I did last week. Just jumping in to say hi as I figure out where everything is. I am amazed at all the support I am reading.
Okay for the stats, Currently 31 y/o divorced w/o children. at about 280 pounds says my doc last week, although i weighed myself on my scale at home and it says 273, i think i like mine better Anyways. I could really use a kick in the right direction. Though i think I got that last week and then cleaning out closets today wow what a mind blower of what doesn't fit anymore. Okay enough for now i need to find another glass of water and read a few more articles.
Ann
flawlesscube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 03:56 PM   #2  

Hi and welcome. We all know that feeling, of stepping on the scales and deciding to do the really scary thing, facing up to that number and taking ownership of our weight issues and doing something about it.

I don't think there is any experience in weight loss that you can go through that one of us hasn't gone through as well. You won't ever find a friendlier, more supportive group of people.
kykaree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 04:34 PM   #3  
Proud Twinmom

S/C/G: 250.5/223.5/147

Height: 5'8

Default Hello

Hello and Welcome. Isn't that revelation something else? I got mine when I went to a fitting room and saw my whole body in their full length mirror. Yikes, that was scary.

I posted a few days ago and got such an awesome welcome. Seems like a really nice and supportive group here.

Since you seem to be pumped and ready to go, I don't know how you feel about check-in's, but I am trying to organize one and would love for you to join if interested. I want to lose about exactly 100 lbs. and can use every bit of support I can find. Check out my post called Hello from the Midwest and please let me know if you are interested. Either way, I'll be seeing you around.

Elycia
u2girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 05:09 PM   #4  
Made in England!

S/C/G: 260/260/169

Height: 5' 4"

to you, Ann! Glad you decided to join in.

Yep, you'll find a wealth of support and good advice here. We all know what it's like to be facing down a lot of weight. Stick around, and post often.
DishyFishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 05:19 PM   #5  

Height: 5'6"

Welcome to the board!! I look forward to getting to know you, and just remember YOU CAN DO THIS!!!
MelodyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 05:31 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 293/ticker/135

Height: 5'3"

Even before you loose a lot of weight when you change your eating habits you will find out how much even that helps. Most of us here stopped looking at it as a diet and started looking at it as a lifestyle change. The weight just became an added bonus. I can honestly say that this is what I have found to be the best way to jump in and go. You can do it and will be great.

Trish
trishn222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 05:43 PM   #7  
oh to be this graceful

S/C/G: 293/270/160

Height: 5'9''

Thank you all for your words of encouragement, wow I can't believe i have been sitting here for 2 hours reading posts. just one more question today, how do i get the ticker on the bottom of the posts to stay?
Thanks again , I am so looking forward to this
Ann
flawlesscube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 05:46 PM   #8  
Mindful Eater

S/C/G: 253/183/150

Height: 5'4"

Just wanted to say WELCOME to you!
BreakingFree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 05:49 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Ann, Welcome! This really is a great place. Tons of support and people who know what you're going through and who have great advice!

I've been where you are -- one year ago when I was fitting into size 30 clothes. My knee hurt going up stairs, I struggled to stand from chairs and esp the floor... I could go on.

I've made a TON of changes in the past year and am feeling the results of changing my diet, adding lots of exercise, and losing 97 pounds in the process. I had to do it slowly though others changed everything at once. One thing you'll learn here is that while we share the same struggle, we find different solutions...

Okay, I can feel a ramble coming on... so I'll just say WELCOME!
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 09:01 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 240/ticker/120

Height: 5 foot 4

Welcome to 3FC's 100 Club
mezmerize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 10:09 PM   #11  
~~Maintainer!~~

S/C/G: 346/186/186

Height: 5' 9"

Hi Ann, Welcome! Yes, I've been right where you were.

This is a great place for support. I hope to see you around the forum.
jtammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 08:25 AM   #12  
One pound at a time...

to the forum! Post often so we can get to know you!
ChocLabLover is offline   Reply With Quote