General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 07-18-2006, 11:31 AM   #1  

Height: 5'9

Default I rewarded myself with a new tattoo!

I love tattoos. I love the process of choosing one, I love the actual process fo having it put on your body and I love the finished product. I already had five, which I got in the time period of ages 18 and 23. I was addicted from my first one!!
So, I figured that I never really completely rewarded myself for losing all of that weight AND for keeping it off for almost a year (will be one year in September). I have been wanting another one for about a year now, so I figured why not?! It will mark a very special turning point in my life. A trial that I went through and over came.
Well, Saturday night I got it. It's a dragon wrapped around a trinity ring and it's on the inside of my left ankle. It took three hours to complete. Three hours of PAIN!! Not one of my other tattoos hurt like this one did. Maybe it was because there was more padding there before....who knows.
I'm SO happy with it and it's healing nicely.
Just wanted to share my little reward with you guys!
cemetarysiren25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 11:37 AM   #2  
back on track

S/C/G: 184/ticker/130(?)

Height: 5'8"

Oh wow that's so cool. I'd love to see a picture of it. I'm too scared to get a tattoo myself, so i congratulate you on your bravery.

And you lost 126lbs ! That is so awesome, you definately deserve your reward.

mandi<3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 11:39 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 170/155/125

Height: 5'3"

Good for you , you totally deserve it!
I agree, tattoo's are addicting. I only have 2, but if time and money permitting, I'd probably be covered!
Congratulations!
4boys4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 11:40 AM   #4  

Great way to congratulate yourself! I have three - two big ones on my back and one medium sized one on my right calf. You're right - it hurts more over bone than over padding!
CJ :) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 11:46 AM   #5  

I'll post one once it heals....right now it's getting scabby and my legs is getting hairy!! (can't shave the tattoo until it's healed!)
If you want to get one, I'd say go for it. If you find a design that you really love and can deal with a little bit of pain, it is SOOOO worth it!!
Old 07-18-2006, 11:59 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 190/140/135

Height: 5'7"

I love mine that I got to celebrate my weight loss. Definitely post pics of your new ones and the other 5!!
Glory87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 12:09 PM   #7  
Proud Army Mom!

S/C/G: 202/185/165

I got mine for my birthday about 5 years ago. It's a little bitty butterfly on my upper left arm. I've thought of getting another one too, but decided against it.
mel67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 12:39 PM   #8  
sli
On A Mission

S/C/G: 209/135/130

That is a great way to reward yourself! They are SO addicting! I have five (except the ones on each ankle they can't be seen unless I want them too) I would love to get another if I only knew where I could get it.
Congrats on your weight lose and your maintaining that lose!
sli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 01:35 PM   #9  

Thanks guys!!
I know about the addictive nature of them! I love getting them....they make me feel "bad"! LOL
I would definately be covered in them too if I was living a different life. Not going to happen with my job (they don't mind the ones I do have) and my DH doesn't want me to be excessive with them! LOL He came with me on Saturday, got his very first one and already wants another.
I'm planning on getting another one too!! Everyone who is older always says, "Just think about how you're going to feel when you get to be MY age and you have tattoos!" I figure, I love them now, some of them I've had for over seven years. It's who I am and I doubt that will change. LOL
Old 07-18-2006, 04:16 PM   #10  

I'm addicted to tattoos too. I have four - but I've been tattooed 5 times (I just had the one on my ankle added to here 2 weekends ago.) My husband and I argue over who gets tattooed next, so we have kinda started a tradition of making appointments during the summer for the same day/time. The tattoo parlor in our town has 2 artists - Art is an old school biker , he is great for the old school tattoos, pin-ups, tribals, etc; Lee was an art teacher at a local school and does awesome work with 3-d, realism, and fantasy designs - he did my hubbys tattoo, and it looks awesome. Lee is starting to get into portrait tats, and thinks that he could give Kat Von D a run for her money. Do you watch Miami Ink, she is on there alot.... It is my dream to get a tattoo done by Kat Von D...she is a beautiful woman and a beautiful artist.
Anyhoo.....I'm so glad to meet other tattoo addicts - you know, those who really understand why we get tattooed and know that tattoos have should and often do have a great deal of significance to the collector, not those who are in it for the "trend"
buckettgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 04:47 PM   #11  

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckettgirl
Anyhoo.....I'm so glad to meet other tattoo addicts - you know, those who really understand why we get tattooed and know that tattoos have should and often do have a great deal of significance to the collector, not those who are in it for the "trend"
Me too!!! I always love discussing "ink". Most of mine have a great deal of significance for who I am, mentally.

I wanted to get tattooed since I was a little girl!! I turned 18 in January of 1998 and got my first one in May of 1998. I was hooked since then. I love EVERYTHING about the experience, even the pain. It's great when people ask, "Why don't you just get a temporary one?" I always say that it's not the same.

I have specific stories about all my tattoos, the time of my life when I got them, who I was hanging out with at the time, etc. etc. It's like my own little memory book.
Old 07-18-2006, 04:59 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 180/180/150

I only have one but it has special meaning to me. I got it done the same time that my son (who just turned 18) got his done. I have my second one picked out for when my youngest son turns 18 and we go together. And I just found out that mine is on the website of the guy who did it which is cool.
boyzthree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 05:50 PM   #13  

Quote:
Originally Posted by cemetarysiren25
Me too!!! I always love discussing "ink". Most of mine have a great deal of significance for who I am, mentally.

I wanted to get tattooed since I was a little girl!! I turned 18 in January of 1998 and got my first one in May of 1998. I was hooked since then. I love EVERYTHING about the experience, even the pain. It's great when people ask, "Why don't you just get a temporary one?" I always say that it's not the same.

I have specific stories about all my tattoos, the time of my life when I got them, who I was hanging out with at the time, etc. etc. It's like my own little memory book.
I love the experience too... I love the endorphin rush! And I always have to watch (if I can - I couldn't watch my unicorn being done cuz it is on my back shoulder). I do get rather tired of people asking "does it hurt" or "why'd you get one" .... Frankly, if you have to ask and refuse to find out yourself, then I don't feel I should waste my breath.
Tattoos hurt - needles poking skin thousands of times = hurt LOL, but it isn't bad, and nothing compares to it. A tattoo feels like a tattoo.
I got my first one at 19... a Native American mandela on my arm (it badly needs to be touched up). Before then, I had always talked about getting one, but was criticized by my family... then I met my husband, lived on my own and decided that it couldn't be all that bad... now I'm hooked. All mine have special meaning, and definitely represent on the outside how I am on the inside, if that makes any sense. My body is a temple, and I'm going to decorate it with as much artwork and beauty as I can.
Actually, I'm very particular about how far I will go with tattooing... I'm gonna be a nurse, and trying to get a job with tats down my arms or on my neck or whatever probably won't go very far - so as long as they can be hidden under scrubs, I'll continue to add.
buckettgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 08:08 PM   #14  
Starting Fresh

Height: 5'2"

I LOVE piercings (like addicted to them) - I have thought about tattoos but my problem is I am a bit OCD or something and if something isn't perfect it drives me totally nuts! And I get bored with stuff and then I am like done with it... haha So I dunno if a tattoo is for me... I may reconsider when I get to goal weight tho!

Awesome for you and congrats on lossing and keeping it up for almost a year! Any pics of this new tattoo?
sotypical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 12:00 AM   #15  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckettgirl
I'm addicted to tattoos too. I have four - but I've been tattooed 5 times (I just had the one on my ankle added to here 2 weekends ago.) My husband and I argue over who gets tattooed next, so we have kinda started a tradition of making appointments during the summer for the same day/time. The tattoo parlor in our town has 2 artists - Art is an old school biker , he is great for the old school tattoos, pin-ups, tribals, etc; Lee was an art teacher at a local school and does awesome work with 3-d, realism, and fantasy designs - he did my hubbys tattoo, and it looks awesome. Lee is starting to get into portrait tats, and thinks that he could give Kat Von D a run for her money. Do you watch Miami Ink, she is on there alot.... It is my dream to get a tattoo done by Kat Von D...she is a beautiful woman and a beautiful artist.
My family knows that when I get my goal weight I will be getting a tattoo done by Kat....hoping she still is doing it when I get there.,...lol
da fat n da furious is offline   Reply With Quote