Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Closed Thread

Old 07-17-2006, 11:46 AM   #1  
Elizabeth

S/C/G: 233/158/145

Height: 5'6

Default Binge-free week, July 17th start

This is a thread to challenge ourselves to remain binge free for one week. Some of us make it, and some of us don't, but we all give it our best effort. It doesn't have to be an entire week. Some of us take it hour-by-hour. Whatever you can do, come here to share your successes and your struggles. Together, we are all stronger!

Please refrain from mentioning any specific foods because it sets some people off for a binge. If you feel the need to mention food, head on over to Cyber Purgers and confess away.

This is a thread open to all, don't hesitate to jump in anytime!!! Newbies are very much welcomed!!!

Good luck and much strength!
Old 07-17-2006, 11:58 AM   #2  
Lesley

S/C/G: 277/262/150

I'm in! Woot I was first after it started.

I lost 2 more pounds last week and I am almost down to my mini-goal so I went ahead and ordered my shoes. I hope to be down to it before they arrive otherwise they are gonna sit there and taunt me!!!!
Old 07-17-2006, 12:07 PM   #3  
Elizabeth

Hi Everybody!

Can you believe it's Monday AGAIN?!?!?! Where does the time fly????

I'm really happy today because I've lost 10lbs since my surgery! : My doc did remove over 80% of my uterus (how much could that weight?!??! sorry if TMI) but I'm thinking it was those delicious days of broth and jello that FINALLY broke my plateau of 2 MONTHS. I did offer to pay double price if he'd do a little liposuction, but he refused . It was worth a try!

Time for me to go to the grocery store. I love to shop but can't stand it when it gets too busy. People start driving their shopping carts like maniacs and hogging the aisles! People will cut you off, make sudden stops and park in the middle of the aisle, blocking all traffic. UGH! I'm thinking they should put turn signals and loud horns on these carts?!??!
Way off topic! Thanks for letting me RANT and RAVE!

and to everybody!
Old 07-17-2006, 12:09 PM   #4  
Elizabeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScooterGirl
I'm in! Woot I was first after it started.

I lost 2 more pounds last week and I am almost down to my mini-goal so I went ahead and ordered my shoes. I hope to be down to it before they arrive otherwise they are gonna sit there and taunt me!!!!
Congrats on your weight loss!

You were first to post, that means you WILL have an excellent week!
Old 07-17-2006, 01:38 PM   #5  
On my way...

Height: 5,4 ft

Huch, new thread- Monday again....

I was binge free yesterday!!
I wish I could report that I am so fit and whatever that writing an exam and going for hour long bus rides in 90 F wouldn´t bother me at all- but i am freaky tired! Just slept for a few hours, but I am still out of order.
Tomorrow will be better and Wednesday is the last exam...and then holidays

Elizabeth: Congratulations on being binge free and the weight loss!! And I strongly agree with you about the shopping carts!

Hope everybody is having a nice day with some amount of binge free time!

Kate
Old 07-17-2006, 04:16 PM   #6  
Lesley

S/C/G: 277/262/150

Elizabeth: That stinky doctor! My mom's doc tried to bribe her to get a hestorectomy she needed with promising to do a tummy tuck for free. She didn't cave in to it though! Not that she needs one anyway! The tummy tuck that is. Congrats on your weight loss! I wonder how much a uterus does weigh....hmmm....Okay had to google it! A uterus weighs 2-2.5 oz. So you can be proud of every single pound you lost!!!

Kate: Yeah its upper 90s here too! It dang well needs to cool off some! I'm hating it! To think, I missed this weather when I was living in Denmark!
Old 07-17-2006, 05:52 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 307/172/153.5 (half of SW)

Height: 5'8''

Hola chicas!!!

Congrats Elizabeth on the loss!!!!

And it's TRIPLE DIGITS here!!! We hit 101 today!! Maybe we'll all sweat off some pounds!

Here's to a binge free day!!
Old 07-17-2006, 06:06 PM   #8  
searching 4 the real me

Hello Everyone!!

I'm right with you on those triple digits harpo. I think we're at 109' right now. This kind of weather really makes you reach out for some nice cold water.

Today makes day 11 for being binge-free. It's been a long time since I've gone that many days. *YEAH*
Old 07-17-2006, 06:24 PM   #9  
New Beginning, New ME!

S/C/G: 162/133/125

Height: 5'4"

im here too and triple digits for us too(heat index at least)! it seems almost too hot to go out to swim even! The kids have been on me to go swimming, since we did every day this weekend for 2 or more hours, but its just so hot!

OK off to eat dinner then get on the torture device...A.K.A. the treadmill with both a portable DVD player and CD player with headphones on a near by shelf, even on the treadmill I am a couch potato! Today its another hour of the first Harry Potter movie...YESSSS i am only now watching the FIRST ONE. LOL
Old 07-18-2006, 04:26 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 307/172/153.5 (half of SW)

Height: 5'8''

Ah, Sharon, I LOVE Harry Potter ~ but I used to be a preschool teacher and I will die a happy woman if I never hear that Veggie Tales theme song again!!!

Congrats Jenn for 11 days!!!! That's awesome!!! I think in the past 6 months, my longest BF streak was 6 days

And when I took my walk tonight ~ I couldn't believe it was still 90 degrees outside!! I haven't sweated from a walk in probably a good six months!!!

And I was binge free today!!! This thread is usually alien to me, but I did good today!!!
Old 07-18-2006, 07:45 AM   #11  

hi all

i'm jealous!!! it's winter here. it hasn't been too cold the last few days but the days are so short. i miss the long days of summer when it's still warm and light at 9pm. ahhhhh to be a millionaire who lives 6 mths in each hemisphere forever warm

my exercise plan has fallen apart. there's nowhere to walk from here because it's a main road and no footpath plus i have been busy doing all the things that need doing in a new place and dealing with all my legal hassles

binge free has not been happening. i definitely need to eat healthier. quite run down right now and want to perk myself up!!! unfortunately my binge foods are all crap!

nice to see you all - be back soon
Old 07-18-2006, 10:59 AM   #12  
Elizabeth

Hi Everybody!

I had a case of munchitis yesterday. Munchie, munchie, munchie..... But it didn't evolve into a "binge". I kept my calories down to about 1500 so I feel pretty good about it.

Sweetpea~
WELCOME BACK! You've been missed!!! Your avatar pic is toooooo cute! Winter?!!?!??! Now, I'm the jealous one!
Have you tried doing any exercise DVD's? Those can work, regardless of the weather. I hope your house move is going well and the legal problems are getting resolved!

Harpo~ Binge-free! YAY you! STAY here, on this thread with us, PLEASE! We adore your wit and insight! I know you can do this!

Lealee~I Harry Potter also! That's a great way to pass time on a dreadmill! Good work on staying with the dreadmill! I like to read while walking on my dreadmill. I usually check out large print books from the library so I can easily read while I walk.

ssgtswife33~11 days binge-free?!?!??! WOWOWOWOW! You'll be 2 weeks binge-free soon! Congrats!

Scootergirl~Thanks for the info on uterine weight. I really had no idea. Is it too hot for you to ride your scooter? You lived in Denmark? Very cool! How long did you live there?

Kate~ Wednesday is your last exam?!??! I'm soooo excited for you, to FINALLY be finishing up! You certainly deserve a break. I can definitely see why you are TIRED I get tired just reading all that you go through! Keep up the good work! It'll be over with before you know it!

wishin everybody a good day!

Last edited by telemetrynurse; 07-18-2006 at 11:10 AM.
Old 07-18-2006, 03:43 PM   #13  

I’m joining…..I will start my week off on Mondays…I am going to try and challenge self every week….great thread!
Old 07-18-2006, 04:56 PM   #14  
Elizabeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by destinationbride07
I’m joining…..I will start my week off on Mondays…I am going to try and challenge self every week….great thread!

We do the "weekly" thread but some of us just go day by day. Or even hour by hour. Each and every hour without a binge is a success! You don't have to wait until next week or even until tomorrow.

Good luck!
Old 07-18-2006, 05:15 PM   #15  

destinationbride07

hi Elizabeth it's lovely to be back. we're still settling into our new place. the dogs love it but they keep escaping and i'm near a main road so that's scary. i have 1 hectare (2.5 acres) so it's a lot of fencing. i need to find myself a handyman to do a few things

one of my dogs hurt herself last week and is still healing. horrible. lost the skin right beside her eye. very lucky not to damage her eye

exercise videos - i haven't managed to get my video/dvd tuned yet. the reception here is horrific which is a shame. i enjoy my tv LOL but i am still doing my ballroom/latin dancing

elizabeth i can definitely relate to the munchies. i don't count calories but i have snacks that are more than 1500 cals. yday i bought a huge pile of sweeties and opened all the packets. finished one "family" size pack and got halfway thru a second. which of course now i have reminded myself that they are there i WANT THEM. i seem to have zero self control. i need more than will power dust that's for sure

ummm ok and that's the other thing. 1 mth to my birthday and i have to be honest i have made no progress on my goals. it's a big one. i will be 40 and i feel disappointed with myself that i haven't improved my eating
Closed Thread