Old 07-17-2006, 10:21 PM   #1  
South Beach Life Style

Default 300+ And Ready To Try Again.....#959

WELCOME !!!

We are a group of individuals who weigh or have weighed 300+, or near there. This group was formed to provide a place for others like us to find support and hope. We are aware of the distinct problems that come with weighing over 300 lbs.

We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We often use a "Topic of the Day" for discussion.

Motivational Monday
Tuesday Tips
Wednesday Wish List .. and What you are doing to obtain it.
Thankful Thursday
FUN Friday ... don't wait until you lose your weight.
Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Share your Success Sunday

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We often find them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears ... joys and celebrations.

We have several extra threads going on simutaneously such as Monthly Challenges, Weekly Weigh-ins, Recipes, Bios, and more. Please feel free to check them all out.

We have found this thread to be more than just a support group...
we have found it to become a home. We invite you to join us.

WELCOME!

I know you'll all agree that we are really thankful for the free services here at 3FC. The sisters offer all of this support and information with no charges to us. There are a couple of ways though that we can help out.

If you are thinking about buying anything at Amazon, why not help out 3FC at the same time? You can do this by clicking on the button for Amazon on any page in the forum, or by clicking on the button on the main 3FC page at www.3fatchicks.com . A portion of your purchase price will be given to 3FC by Amazon. It doesn't increase your price at all, but it does help out 3FC. You can use any of the Amazon.com links that you see on the site in order to help contribute to the site.

Also, BTW, in case you didn't know it, you can view the message boards "ad free" for a minimal charge. I think it's like $15 for 6 months. A very small investment to be rid of the annoying ads and make your pages load quicker.

There have been some concerns expressed by the powers that be about copyright infringement. So please, if you are directly quoting someone else or printing an article in whole or in part, please give credit where credit is due!!
MsCrockett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2006, 10:56 PM   #2  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Happy HOTTTTTTTT Monday!!!!!!!!!!!

I think I sweated out about 15 pounds while out and about today!!!!!! lol.

Okay so today I had Chinese. We went to a buffet -- not a good idea, but I think I did good. I got a LITTLE bit of everything (except the fried foods, I skipped those, well I did eat some Crab Rangoon, but that was it for the fried stuff!) I also found out that by eating Spicy foods, it does two things. It makes me SWEAT (even more than I already was) so that is another calorie burner, and it makes me not want to eat a bunch of it so I don't over eat!!!!! I think this is the best thing since sliced cheese for me! lollllllllllllllllllllll.

I plan on trying out my new Walking At Home DVD because its just too darn hot to walk outside!!!!!!!!!!!

Jill & Ammi - Yes work drama takes its toll on ya, doesn't it? lol. In my case I think the drama might be finally resolved, or at least I hope. Our Manager is on the warpath now so I think he is going to get it resolved. (its about someone outside our team that he is on the warpath about)

Abby - I too love my cats like my own children. I don't have any specific breed, they are just average everyday fat and lazy house cats. lol.

Have a Wonderful Night! I know I am, because I am NOT at work! WHOO-HOO! and I always have 3 days off. lol. I love it. It makes working longer hours worthwhile! lol.

If anybody is online and wants to chat, just PM me with your ID's! I have AIM, Yahoo and MSN.
Sassy_Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 12:05 AM   #3  

Hello Ladies - Been really busy preparing for my Sea Calvalcade booth, I just noticed I missed a whole thread!!! Well, I can't catch up on personals now - but congrats to all the "losers" and to those who need it! Got in over 2.6 miles today - 6256 of my steps - woo hoo! Got some more - 46!! - pictures developed today...makes a total of around 150 photos! I'm really excited - I'm actually proud of something...some of my photos are - if I may say so - so beautiful...I can't believe I took them!! I will take and post pics of Sea Calvalcade for anyone who is interested to see. Weigh-in is tomorrow...I'm hoping for the usual -2, but I'm only 1.5 away from -20...so I'd take that!! Well I'm off for now...I couldn't even begin to pick up for personals, lol. But, a big TY to Ammi for the feedback - I'm glad you liked some of my pics!
Have a good one everybody, and stay OP chickies!!

Melissa
Vilandra485 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 01:15 AM   #4  

Height: 5'8.5"

Default I am BUMMED!! :)

Hi everybody

Ammi, great job on the weight loss... congratulations.

Wow I could sure relate to your reasons for losing weight! That was pretty much my motivation too.

Thanks to everyone for the encouraging words... wow I sure needed them today. I did fine on the restaurant... ordered a dinner salad and had it without dressing... blah but made it through. Then ate some fruit and yogurt I had at work.

But I am bummed! During the last month I only lost 6 pounds... but okay that is still about 1.5 pounds a week so I can live with that... except today I GAINED back 3 of them!!! This is ridiculous! I don't mind doing all this hard work but I do want something to show for it. I do have to wonder though if part of it is gaining muscle since I am wearing much smaller clothes than I could a month ago. If there was a quitting place this would be it, but of course there isn't. I will just keep on fighting the fat but it is so discouraging.

Oh well... whine whine whine. Gotta just get busy!
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 03:50 AM   #5  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Melissa - Good Going on the 2.6 miles! I want to start my WATP DVD but just haven't yet...............UGH...............I think this heat has sucked the life right out of me! lol.

Misty - It could be muscle or even water weight. Please don't be bummed. If your bummed then I'll have to be bummed that your bummed and that is a big bummer! lol. I hope today is a better day for ya!

Hey everybody else, I hope you all are doing well!

Sassy_Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 04:27 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 300+/275/150

Height: 5'8"

Dolphin girl, I remember you having similar probs with your guy before. I hope you realise how special you are and that you deserve the respect & love you give to be returned. I am here for you, as I bet; everyone else is, if you need a moan pm me or just post. YOU ARE DOING SO WELL NOT LETTING THIS BE A REASON TO GAIN WEIGHT!!!! You have lost so much weight, be proud of yourself & your achievements!
Jilly that is awful that your landlord can charge extra for pets, do they charge more if you have kids? Coz I bet a baby or small kid makes loads more mess than any cat or dog!!
Misti, I bet the heat is doing it to you, I find I swell up loads no matter how much water I drink when it's hot. Could it be to do with TOM or other 'woman stuff'? If you are being good it CAN'T be a 'real' gain.
Ammi I will try & post a couple of pics of Steve on the pics page NOW I KNOW HOW TO DO IT, lol!!! I am so jealous of your weight loss, but in a good way!
RKS WOW, I never realised how much you have lost so far, one piece of cake isn't going to do that much damage after all the work & committment you have already put in.
I have to go & hang washing out, I'm debating whether to go into town now whilst it's still reasonably cool or do some housework first but it will be REALLY hot after lunch when I'm done.
xxxxxsharon
voodoo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 06:19 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 329/tracker/168

Height: 5'6"

Good Morning All,

I have just finished cleaning my kitchen and descaling my iron and at 11 am it is already too hot to do any more work. The ironing will have to wait until tonight when it is cooler.

Rkrs - thanks for the congrats on my weight loss last week. Much appreciated

I hear you on the not calling it a diet, but you know what, when you think about it everybody has a diet. Some have a low fat/low cal one so that they can lose weight/get healthy, some have a diet of junk food etc. So really it's ok to call it a diet I know what you mean though, thinking of it as a lifestyle change, committing to healthy eating etc. So yes I can see where you would be disappointed that you ate that slice of cake. But, as I said in a previous post, in days gone past you would have eaten a lot more than that, so you still made a healthy choice. If you keep denying yourself a treat now and then you may end up resenting your diet and ending up having a huge binge. You know how the saying goes, a little bit of what you fancy does you good

Jill - oh yes my new meds have really helped me. I can't say I don't have depression, because I do, hence the meds, but I am not down all the time like I used to be. That as well as being able to stay out of bed is making life so much better for all of us. I am a nice, happy mum and wife now, not a moody so and so that my family had to tip toe around before for fear of me going of on a rant etc!!

WOW what a shocker the amount of money you have to pay if you want to keep a pet where you live. Still if you can afford it, which you will be able to when you pay off some debt, then I am sure you will love it when you get a kitten. It's still scandalous that you will have increased rent!!

How are things with you and your BF now? Still good I hope Good on you for turning down the offer of pizza, I know how hard that is to do. I LOVE PIZZA

Vicki - hello and welcome back I am really sorry to hear that you have been having such a hard time of things in your personal life, and I am so PROUD of you for not hitting the food for comfort!!! You have come so far with your weight loss already, you are so wise not to let troubles in your life drive you back up the scales

I am no agony aunt or anything, and I don't know the full details of what's been going on with you and your BF. But the fact you told me that he is with some wench of course tells me that he has been/is being unfaithful. If I were you I would do what you are thinking of, dump him. Personally I think if a man has been unfaithful once he can do it again no matter how remorseful he is, and I would never have peace of mind whenever we were apart. BUT that's me. I know others who think that the love they feel for the 'cheater' is enough to forgive them and try to keep the relationship, and for some of them it works. It's just not for me. I hope that whatever you decide to do you will be alright

Angie - you know what? It is a pretty fabulous thought that when your ticker is showing the brilliant loss of 50 lbs, mine might be inching towards a 100 lbs loss. It seems so impossible, but I know it isn't, I am going to get there, and so are you!! Thanks for putting that thought in my head, it makes me smile!

Sassy - glad to hear that you think the work drama will be resolved. I bet you wish you could be a fly on the wall to watch your manager once he gets to the person he is on the warpath to

Have you tried the WATP DVD yet? I have an old video of it, but must admit I wasn't very impressed with it. Give me my Gazelle Rider any day

Melissa - how did your WI go, I hope you saw your -2 result or better

Oh I didn't like just some of your photos I liked them ALL, it's just that the ones I mentioned were my faves Can't wait to see the ones you take at the Cavalcade.

Misti - I definitely think that any weight gain you have will be muscular, or that stupid water weight. How can it be fat?? You are eating properly and exercising daily, it's definitely not fat. Don't be discouraged, focus on what you said about how you are in much smaller clothes now rather than what the scales say. I have said it before and I will say it again, give me an NSV over a scale one any day

Sharon - I enjoyed seeing the pics of Steve and the boys He's quite the looker, now if only he could be nicer and stop the name calling I would be most impressed

Am still dying to see the photos of you with red hair, how much longer are you going to keep us in suspense

It's really too hot to do much today isn't it? I was going to do my ironing when I descaled it, but phew, no way. Am much happier in front of my air cooler Time enough for housework when the weather cools down which it is supposed to be doing towards the end of the week.

Okie dokie, think I am going to get some exercising done now before it gets much hotter, if I put the fan on me I can cope Take care all and bye for now,

Hugs,

Ammi
AmmiUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 08:04 AM   #8  
aka Valerie

S/C/G: 350/345/195

WELL, at the speed this thread travels, I see that I missed DOLPHIN GIRLS recent post. I'll go back and review, but just wanted to say WELCOME BACK VICKI! I missed you while you were gone.

Either the heat or the meds for this Bronchitis is causing me to retain every drop I drink, so the scale may not be user friendly for a while, but at least I know what it is. One way or another, I WILL have to go potty again SOME day, and then things will go back to normal. I just don't wanna be sick anymore!!!

Have a lovely day chickies!
NoLifeWithoutHorses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 09:06 AM   #9  
delete

Hi EVERYONE!! Gosh it is so nice to meet everyone on here. I have had a great time getting to know some of you....please IM if you need support!! I am at alison43229 on yahoo.

Well I weighed in on sunday and lost 3.8 Pounds, for a grand total of 17.4 pounds. I have been doing this now for 4 weeks on WW, and I have to tell you I feel so much better, I don't have the belly aches or feel so slugish. They say that it takes 21 days to get into a habit(or to train yourself) I have been really good.....I hope I have accomplished that!! lol

I have been very good and just saying NO! to the different foods I have been encountering lately, but I get so much support from this board that it makes me feel proud and good when I can come back here and share it!! So THANK YOU!!!!!

I hope EVERYONE does good this week....weither you stay on track, OP, lose weight or lose inches, or just for being here and putting in the effort!!!

Thanks again!!!!
sweetbaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 09:20 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Rkrs – I think it helps to remember that BEFORE you would easily have eaten MORE cake! And, if you feel you didn’t want to eat the cake, try to figure out why you did it so you can avoid that problem in the future. I’m a big believer in being reflective about our “mistakes” and not beating ourselves up about them, but learning from them.

Jill -- Keep the faith with the stairs. A good friend of mine regularly walks up 4 floors at work. She says she still gets winded at the top BUT, has noticed her recovery time is much lower! Maybe that’s something else to focus on.

I do the same thing with you with the groceries. Maybe it’s from all my years of apt living, but I try to bring as many groceries in one trip as possible! I will say that weight lifting seems to have improved my abilities there…

And YAY on the cooking instead of pizza!!! That’s a great NSV!!

Vicki – GOOD TO SEE YOU!!! Regarding your current situation, I know no details, but all I can advise is to listen to your heart, and try not to let your fear of the unknown make a decision for you.

You have come so far! I want to be the first to welcome you to ONEDERLAND, WHEN (not IF) you get here!!!!!

Misti – Pay no attention to the scale!!!!!! You know that scale is , right? It is trying to make you give up! Maybe you are retaining water from the eating out??? No matter what the reason, remember your goals are not tied to the scale but to your abilities. And you set no timeline. You are getting smaller, you can do more. That’s what’s important – not some stupid number on a stupid scale. You are kicking FFM butt and you know it!!

I am experimenting with baking again – I’m going to try some muffin recipes to try to give us some less processed snacking options and maybe some more protein! Last night I also made a huge batch of turkey chili… so I didn’t get in much exercise. Oh well, I guess I can’t do it all, huh?
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 10:48 AM   #11  

I posted my most current progress pics in the mini-goals section here.
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...06#post1338406
Old 07-18-2006, 11:05 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 510/see tracker/160

Height: 5' 9 1/2"

Quick Fly by posting. I will post later on hopefully.

Blessings to everyone.

Wyllen!!!! Yea to you on wonderland.

Alison: Welcome to our little patch of friendship. So glad to have you with us.

Ammi: Whop Whoop to you on another 5 pounds.

I will read the rest of the posts later.

Blessings all,
Annie
dogpal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 11:06 AM   #13  
South Beach Life Style

Good Morning girls..

How is everyone,?

I am sorry that I have not been her much at all lately, but I have been enjoying being busy, but I still think about you guys daily..

Ammi thanks for the comment on my Avatar..

Dolphin girls~~THANK you sooo much for your thoughts..
MsCrockett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 12:00 PM   #14  

Crock -- Re, your avatar. Honestly, you are SHRINKING!!
Old 07-18-2006, 12:43 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 300+/275/150

Height: 5'8"

Wyllen, YOU LOOK NORMAL!! That is what I'm aiming to be, a 'normal' size WELL DONE!!!! xxxx
Crock you are getting slimmer so quickly, before christmas we'll see you in playboy!!! lolxxxx How are the pups & what breed are they?
Gotta go & eat dinner, TACO BAKE & salad (thanks for the recipe, it's my FAVE!)
xxsharon
voodoo1 is offline   Reply With Quote