View Poll Results: Do we want a challenge?
21 day challenge? 1 20.00%
Weekly challenge? 3 60.00%
Pointer Sista's Challenge? 1 20.00%
Don't want a challenge, just my own thing. 0 0%
Voters: 5. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 07-17-2006, 08:55 PM   #1  

Height: 5'1"

Default Do we want a challenge?

Wanted to know if we wanted a challenge and if so, which kind do we want?

So let's vote:

Here is a what all three challenges involve:

Pointer Sista's Challenge:

A great points-counting challenge idea that came from Angie. So far it's been a hit and so we'll continue on each week, Mondays being the starting point.

Here is what it's all about:

The rules are simple... you get to earn 4 points per day, that is a total of 28 points per week. If you get 25 points or more, give yourself a reward. It doesn't have to be big, a new lipstick, pocket book, a pedicure, or time for you, just you.

You can earn 1 point for drinking all your water , 1 point for eating clean , 1 point for your workout , and 1 point for doing what ever you forget or avoid. ie: taking your vitamins, or tracking all your food intake ...this is something you can decide.

At the end of the week tally up your points. Make this fun, and remember you do deserve a reward...

21 day challenge:
This challenge is working for some of us and I want to keep it going!! It started in the Support thread.

Here is how it works. You choose something that you would like to work on and do it for 21 days. (to make it a habit) Such as drinking 80oz. of water, walk a mile, or what ever else may come to mind. You do a count down. But if you miss a day...you start over to day one. And you can start over many times, but if you're constantly starting over.....well then....I would say maybe you should find something else to work on for 21 days.

Also, during the days you're sick and your body just doesn't feel good, we have what we call a "pause". You pause your efforts until you're feeling better and just continue from what day you stopped.

Simple you say.....believe me,,,,it's not as simple as it sounds...there have been times that I just had to start over.

Weekly Challenge:
This involves another challenge...and this was also borrowed from the support forum . So I had brought this here to see if any of you would like to try it.

What does it involve? Well let me tell ya.....

Each week you choose something that you really have a hard time doing and you do it for the week. BUT--the difference between this and the 21 day challenge is:....you DON'T have to do this every day of the week! Say for instance.....you really want to cut down on sugar...but you know you can't last for the full 21 days (as in the 21 day challenge) but you know you can at least work it in some of the days in a week. You can choose how many days such as 3 or 4 or 5.....(but no less than 3 please) and then commit yourself to it. AND....it doesn't have to be all in a row either! You may decide to not eat sugar for 4 days. So on Monday you have no sugar, but on Tuesday you can have some, on Wednesday none, then Thurdsday...(you get the idea) As long as you complete the amount of days you committed yourself to.
Old 07-17-2006, 10:22 PM   #2  
GmaTo8

Thumbs up

Well, I voted for the Pointer Sistas challenge. I think I've got my head where it should be now, and think I'm up to it. But I'll gladly go along with the majority.
Old 07-17-2006, 10:24 PM   #3  
GmaTo8

Marti - love sweet Jhanai's picture in your avatar! She's getting too grown up!! What happened to your Baby????
Old 07-17-2006, 10:30 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 218/218/168

Height: 5'8"

what is the pointer sistas challenge?
Old 07-17-2006, 10:47 PM   #5  

Quote:
Originally Posted by trob
what is the pointer sistas challenge?
Hi Trob and welcome.
I edited my post to explain what the challenges are. Hope this helps!
Old 07-18-2006, 09:26 AM   #6  
GmaTo8

Well, now that I know what the weekly thread is, I kind of like that one, too. I'm thinking maybe, for me, try the 5 of 7 days first to stay OP, then when I for sure have that under control, make exercise my target.

Marti did you vote yet?

Trob - I hope you join us when we get this up and running. In the meantime, come on over to the Weight Loss and Chit Chat thread. You're very welcome.
Old 07-18-2006, 10:19 AM   #7  

I voted for weekly challenge. I like the points too...so not really sure what I'm doing! Maybe a combination????
Old 07-18-2006, 11:04 PM   #8  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

I voted for the weekly challenge. I HAVE to do something and maybe I can commit to that for a starter.

Old 07-19-2006, 12:13 AM   #9  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

I don't care which one...Im cool with anything...Im on a good start right now. Admit Im doing the pointer sisters...keeps me in my list mind. I know that I can check it off once its done. which reminds me,,,vitamin.
Old 07-19-2006, 10:38 PM   #10  

After reveiwing the polls....it seems we have some split decisions. Not sure what to post. Maybe we just ought to have a challenge thread and we can each just post what it is that we're doing? Any comments or ideas? If so....please let me know. I would like to start something by Monday.

Also wanted to know if you wanted to have a weigh in day. Don't have to post our weight.....just if we have lost or gained.

Just want to start concentrating more on my weight issues. I think I've gotten too comfortable w/my chitchatting and have lost track of why I started posting here to begin with. I want to be more accountable w/my habits and such. And I'm sure some of you may feel the same way.

My jeans are getting WAY to cozy in the belly area!! And I've lost my hourglass figure! (ok...so I never really had one to begin with but I can pretend and work towards getting one!)

So.....please....ANY ideas, comments, suggestions, what have you....please post away and we'll come up w/something by Monday and post it.

Thanks gals!
Old 07-19-2006, 11:05 PM   #11  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

oh Marti you do have an hour glass figure,,,the sand isn't where you want it, thats all.

I think your idea of just doing your own challenge and letting us know in here how you are doing...

I talked with my Dr. today,,,and she thought my 4 point thing was pretty good. Told her how I keep a lil tally of where I am...being only 4 points its not hard.
Old 07-20-2006, 04:04 PM   #12  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Smile

Hello ladies...

Mind if I join in on whatever is decided?

Because of the heat this week I've not gotten any exercise done! And need to get back on track Monday as well. I am hoping it cools off a little by then.

I did vote for the weekly challenge though so whatever is decided I will do.
Old 07-20-2006, 08:35 PM   #13  
GmaTo8

Marti, I do feel the same way! I'm miserable on the days I don't do very well. About picking a challenge, well, the weekly one has the most votes. Maybe you could go with an unstructured weekly challenge that lets each person say what their goal is for the week (eat clean, or get points, or don't eat a whole box of Twinkies, etc) and those who want a reward can do it that way? I think that's what Angie meant, too. And like she said, it would be a place for us to check in and be accountable. Just a thought.

I personally won't be posting any weight, gain or loss, because too many people I know IRL know about this place because of the book, and there are some people who just don't need to know that much about me.

Cristina - you are very welcome to join us. I was hoping you would.
Old 07-22-2006, 12:52 PM   #14  

Cristi, of coarse you can join!

Looks to me that the weekly challenge has the most votes. We've done it in the past. Lets try it again and see if we still want to do it.

I will post the new thread on Monday, our starting point.

I'm closing this thread...but if you have any questions or concerns on it, just PM me. Or ask about it in the chitchat thread.
Closed Thread