Mini-Goals Even if you're not at goal yet, this is the place to share your successes and achievements along the way! Success can be measured in many ways besides the scales. Tell us about your triumphs, including Non Scale Victories

Old 07-16-2006, 11:22 PM   #1  

Height: 5'8.5"

Talking Wow it felt soooooo good...

This morning at church (we are casual) we had an outdoor service and community BBQ. I am so tired of wearing "cow clothes" so I put on my cropped knit leggings and long T-shirt. "Regular" clothes" LOL. It felt so wonderful not to have to dress in gigantic stuff and blouses which look like my grandmother's wallpaper. (WHY oh WHY do they make plus size clothes in such materials??)

Anyway several people commented on how much weight I have lost... and my best friend came up and said she had noticed how skinny my legs are... you could see them really well in the legging pants! It DID feel nice!!

Oh and also at the pool this afternoon I was working out and talking to a woman and she said, "Oh you must be the person my Mom told me about... s he said there is always a woman here in the pool doing aerobics." I said, Yep that's me!
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2006, 11:31 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Great NSVs!!!! It's great that people are really starting to notice!
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2006, 11:34 PM   #3  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

Misti, I saw your pic's and you do have some skinny legs. WTG, I am glad you felt comfy in your "regular" clothes and I'm sure everyone has noticed your fantastic weight loss. You go girl.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2006, 12:58 AM   #4  
Big Daddy

S/C/G: 360/360/200

Default Way to go

That's awesome, Misti. Keep it up.
Lenrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2006, 02:21 AM   #5  
PinkSnowDays

S/C/G: 260/250/150

Good for you!!! I'm sure it is great to hear others notice your hard work and you seem to be enjoying and loving the new you!! Keep it up!
PinkSnowDays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2006, 10:26 AM   #6  
Red Team Member

S/C/G: 289/206.5/140

Height: 5'4"

That's WONDERFUL! And I have often wondered why they make plus size clothes soooo...ugly.
Cassie501107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2006, 10:37 AM   #7  
Aleecia

That's awesome Misti. You are doing so good.
Also had to laugh at the comment on the clothes. I too have always wondered why they use some of the most awful looking prints for plus size clothing, I mean come on.
I already stand out being fat, I definitly don't need some crazy, ugly print to make it even worse.

Anyways, keep up the good work!
Angel33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2006, 11:01 AM   #8  
banned

S/C/G: 190/114/125

Height: 5'3"

Congratulations!! I can't wait for people to actually notice I've lost weight. My weight has always bounced around so I will really have to get smaller for people to notice I guess.
TamiL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2006, 11:22 AM   #9  
hara hachi bu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misti in Seattle
"Oh you must be the person my Mom told me about... she said there is always a woman here in the pool doing aerobics." I said, Yep that's me!
That is awesome! Not only have you lost weight, you're developing great habits and gaining a reputation as "an exerciser"! THAT is cool.

I have started to wear clothing that shows off my figure a little better, too. I used to wear blouses that draped from breast-down, and hung well past my "breadbasket". Now I wear shirts that define my waist and hang just above the breadbasket. I'm slightly insecure about it, but I figure I'm wearing them to work -- not on a date or anything -- who cares if my coworkers know I have a gut!
phantastica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2006, 10:02 PM   #10  

That's just great Misti!! Did I read on another post that you're 59 years old? No way! It must have been a typo? Seriously...
boarderchick is offline   Reply With Quote