Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-17-2006, 03:41 PM   #1  
hara hachi bu

Cool The Compliment Thread

I don't know about you, but when someone compliments me on my weight loss I want to scream it to everybody from the mountaintops. I'd like to take an opportunity to crow a little, to people who will understand how great these comments feel, and how validating they are to those of us (all of us?) who have a skewed body image and who don't see our own weight loss.

Last Friday, from a (male) coworker: "Have you lost weight? Congratulations!"
Last Friday, from my best friend's husband: "Hey, you look skinny!"
Last Saturday, from my step-mother and sister: "You're skinny!"

Skinny? I laughed. Not skinny, but a defined waist, perhaps.

Share your compliments here!
phantastica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2006, 03:48 PM   #2  
Starting Fresh

Height: 5'2"

I havent really had any yet but I just wanted to compliment you on some of the awesone threads you have started recently - and this is another great one!
sotypical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2006, 03:55 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Great thread!

My immediate coworkers all know about my weigh loss, but last week I was wearing a new shirt that looks particularly good, and one of my male coworkers stopped and said "It's really becoming obvious you've lost a lot of weight!"

I had to have a new ID taken at the gym, and the woman who took my picture said "You look great! You've lost a lot of weight"

And our friends last night, who are thinking they need to do something about their weight, told us multiple times how great hubby and I are looking!

97 pounds down and the compliments are coming fast and furious!
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2006, 04:05 PM   #4  
hara hachi bu

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyllenn
My immediate coworkers all know about my weigh loss, but last week I was wearing a new shirt that looks particularly good, and one of my male coworkers stopped and said "It's really becoming obvious you've lost a lot of weight!"
See, sometimes I think it's all in the shirt. I get compliments more often when I wear something form-fitting, something OTHER than my Standard Fat Uniform, black pants and a tent-shirt that hangs down to my hips.

I believe there's something validating about repeating and sharing compliments ... repeating it over a few times helps us to internalize it, kind of like affirmations.
Old 07-17-2006, 04:07 PM   #5  
hara hachi bu

Quote:
Originally Posted by sotypical
I havent really had any yet but I just wanted to compliment you on some of the awesone threads you have started recently - and this is another great one!
Awww, thank you! I've been probably spending a lil' too much time here.
Old 07-17-2006, 04:10 PM   #6  
Starting Fresh

Height: 5'2"

I spend WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY too much time on here, I think I need to block this site when I am at work cuz I don't get any work done
sotypical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2006, 04:58 PM   #7  
Working on Hot!

S/C/G: 242/225/175

<<<also spends to much time here....lol

Every one keep asking me 'how much more you going to lose' and then tell me that I dont need to go any lower....
la3y_un1c0rn_37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2006, 05:30 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 190/140/135

Height: 5'7"

I had a great one last summer. I had finally bought some "fitted" clothes. I was around a size 10, but I was wearing a cute pair of Eddie Bauer brown linen pants in a size 8 and a white, short sleeved shirt (button down) - very crisp looking. One of my co-workers told me I looked glamorous, like Audrey Hepburn. Me...glamorous...Audrey...three words I never thought would be in the same sentence.

I've received quite a few compliments about my weight loss...but that one was special. Definitely one to press into the mental memory book and pull out every now and then.
Glory87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2006, 05:54 PM   #9  

One lady at the gym today told me she would kill for legs like mine.
northernbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2006, 06:07 PM   #10  

My son is 29 and the biggest "Sopranos" fan there is. Funny for a cop, isn't it?

So he told me the other day my face is "starting to remind him of Tony Soprano's wife". (Edie Falco).

I think that's a compliment...on one hand, he might be thinking my face is getting thinner & more defined, but on the other hand, he might be wishing he could lock me up for 20 years.
mudbugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2006, 10:00 PM   #11  
Blonde Bimbo

S/C/G: 250+/144/135

Height: 5' 4"

My two favorites are the whistles I've gotten (from unknown sources in parking lots LOL), and the time my daughter looked at my picture and thought I was my scrawny (and I DO mean scrawny) cousin. I know I wasn't THAT thin, but close enough to be mistaken in a photo. LOL
almostheaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2006, 11:21 PM   #12  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

I caught a man looking down my shirt yesterday while I was putting gas in the gas can to mow the yard. Does this count?LOL
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2006, 11:30 PM   #13  
Becoming Maggie

S/C/G: 225/219/130

Height: 5"3"

A guy at work last week told me that I had done a lot to improve my appearance since I worked there. "You'll be on the cover of a magazine in three years." Of course my reaction was..."Three years?"
beforeim35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 05:34 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 180/154/140

Height: 5'7

My hubby told me yesterday morning that I'm looking better now (just turned 29) than I have since I was in my early 20's!! A few hours later he was coming home with a bouquet of flowers and a card! Either I'm doin somethin right or he's done somethin wrong...lol.

Kim
OneKim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 08:36 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

These are great! And Lily, that absolutely counts!
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote