Old 06-22-2006, 03:03 PM   #1  
GmaTo8

Thumbs up Summer fun reading

I have to admit that in the summer, my reading lightens up a tad. I'm reading a paperback fluff by Danielle Steel called The Cottage. Just right for when your mind wanders, lol. Anybody else read it? If so, who do you think the main character is based on? I'm thinking George Hamilton, lol.

Before this one, I read the hardback "Two Little Girls in Blue", which was very, very good. More intense for me since I have twins DGDs, and couldn't help but think about them in a similar situation. Yikes!

What's on your nightstand this summer?
Jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 08:47 AM   #2  
Jaded Lady & Mom of 2

S/C/G: 242/242/160

Height: 5'6"

Any new novels by James Patterson's 4th of July and Tami Hoag's Night Sins.
I have a list of 14 authors I love that I always watch for the books I can grab (I have to resort to the library now as my book collection is now like 5 huge boxes and it is costing me a fortune to keep up on my reading hobby LOL
Cafe Ole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 09:02 AM   #3  
GmaTo8

Robin - I like both of the authors you mentioned, too. Two of my favorites whom I buy in hardback are Sue Grafton and John Grisham. Ever read their books?
Old 06-23-2006, 10:58 AM   #4  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

I like Patterson, Hoag and LOVE Grisham. Right now I am reading paperbacks that I picked up at sales. I do that when we travel and/or I can't get to the library. That way if I finish one I can pitch it or give it away. (and no tears if i mis-place it) I just finished Lisa Jackson's Wishes and The Night Before. Also read V.C. Andrews The Wildflowers. (4 books in one)
Jane, I have read "The Cottage" and most of Steele's, plus I think all but the newest Grisham's.
I read in spurts...I will just go through tons of books quickly, then stop and go beserk on magazines for a month and then hit the books again.
I honostly can't imagine my life without books and tried to instill the love of reading in my children. I think it took although one DD isn't as rabid about it as the others. DS told me he is reading Shakespere (for fun) and really enjoying!
suetalks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 01:12 PM   #5  

Height: 5'1"

A gal at work just loaned me a book the other day.
The DaVinci Code.

So far so good. Now did ya know, that I never even knew what this DaVinci Code was about???

Anyway, last book I read was the 3FC book!! Loaned that to my sister. Also told her to join us someday.
Marti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2006, 10:42 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 197/149/135

Height: 5'7

I just read the DaVinci Code too, and was surprised that I really liked it. Not really my normal kind of reading, I'm more of a history and biography reader.
Trendle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 12:35 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 283/270/165

Danielle Steel is my favorite...I have read all her books. I like Nicholas Sparks Nicholas Evans, and Nora Roberts too!
alextucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 12:00 PM   #8  
sli
On A Mission

S/C/G: 209/135/130

I also like Nicholas Sparks and right now I am reading a book by Jennifer Weiner
sli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 09:45 PM   #9  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

I just finished Bygones by LaVryle Spencer. Very good and I have another by her to read...Just don't know when I am going to get it started.
suetalks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 09:49 PM   #10  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

In the middle of Angels and Demons from Dan Brown,,,I guess its the book you read before Da Vinci Code. Its pretty good,,,not my normal read. But still attention getting.
da fat n da furious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 04:18 PM   #11  
GmaTo8

I'm finally reading the book I got as a reward in the Pointer Sistas thread, lol. It's called The Innocent, by Harlan Coben. So far, so good. Very colorful characters. Anybody else read it yet?
Old 07-16-2006, 08:36 AM   #12  
ugggg.....

Just finished "The Days of Summer" by Jill Barnett kind of reminds me of Sidney Shelton or Danielle Steele --spans over thirty years of two families intertwined by a car accident--I really enjoyed it. The other one I just finished is "Honeymoon" by James Patterson who I love almost anything he writes.
jules1216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2006, 12:40 PM   #13  

I finished the Da Vinci code just before Vacation. Liked it. The girl I borrowed it from told me that she should have loaned out the "Angels and Demons" first.

But that's ok, I plan on reading it anyway if she remembers to bring it!

(will remind her tomorrow about that)
Marti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 06:43 PM   #14  
joan fay

S/C/G: 158/154/135

Default Summer Reading

Hello Everyone,
Well, I had to go get my stack of books - Just started "White Hot" by Sandra Brown. One of those steamy books that takes place in the south. Anne Rivers Siddons - "Islands", "Sweetwater Creek", and "Up Island". Joann Ross - "Out of the Blue" and Peggy Webb - "Driving Me Crazy". Anytime the Lillian Jackson Braun books come out in paperback. Cute cate stories. The DaVinci Code lays on the shelf and I do pick it up from time to time. I have read the Jan Karon series - Life in Mitford. Very feel good books. Well I could go on and on. Throw in some magazines and gardening books. I can't imagine not enjoying reading. I do have some required reading which I seem to put aside. Oh well joan fay
joan fay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 04:39 PM   #15  
On A Mission

S/C/G: 250/ticker/140

Height: 5ft 3in

Hope no-one minds me reviving this thread. I'm a major book hound

Quote:
Jennifer Weiner
I am re-reading Little Earthquakes now, which was given to me when I was pg with my newly-year-old DD. I like it even though it's a bit slow and sometimes overly contrived. But that's what mush is all about, no?

I used to read Danielle Steel but somewhere between No Greater Love and the Two Weeks In Paris {?} it kind of went the way of the harlequin, IMO. I'll flip through them occasionally, but the characters aren't as well-drawn and the stories not quite so involving as they once were, KWIM?

LaVryle Spencer- loved small town girl. need to pay off my library fines so I can read some more of her work now that I have two in school all day and have some real free time

I am a confirmed Amish novel fan so I've read most everything Beverly Lewis has out there. And as a military brat turned bride, I read alot of related material. I'm working my way through Tommy Franks autobiography for the second time, as well as Hearts At Home. And for my study book right now I'm doing Unveiling Mary Magdalene with my DH...
mkat321 is offline   Reply With Quote