South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 07-15-2006, 07:19 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default The Hot Weekend - July 15 and 16

Good Morning! The smilies are our forecast! The Girls decided NOT to hang out on the deck after breakfast this morning and are back in the house enjoying the AC and the ceiling fan! Hershey is really in need of a haircut (next week) and looks hot even though I keep thinking fur is insulation.

Yesterday didn't go quite as planned - does it ever? My morning got away from me and I didn't get to visit Harry until afternoon. Of course this meant I hit the weekend traffic on the way home. It's great living in a tourist ares - NOT! I did do the beer can chicken on the BBQ and it turned out OK. It certainly doesn't taste as yummy when you are doing it just for one. Never mind, it'll be handy over the weekend with salad.

The funeral for A's mother is at eleven this morning and finally I've decided on something cool to wear. Thank God for Indian cotton! I plan to skip the after the service "feast" and avoid some of the family fireworks. I'll go visit A. tomorrow and get the scoop once things have cooled off - emotions, not the weather.

How's your weekend shaping up?
Old 07-15-2006, 07:34 AM   #2  

Morning!

Ruth Our weather is miserably hot here by about 1:00 pm. Yuck! Stay cool today.

Today starts cleaning and organizing! My goal is to thoroughly clean one room per day. Scrub everything in that room, declutter if necessary, etc. DH will be mowing the lawn this morning as it has been about 2 weeks and I am sure the neighbors are anxiously awaiting that! This evening my older daughter and I are going to a baptismal party- it isn't until 7:15, so the baby and dad will stay home and chill.

Not much else going on.......
Old 07-15-2006, 08:27 AM   #3  

Barb Hope that Brian's birthday party goes well!!
Old 07-15-2006, 09:33 AM   #4  

I'm M.E.L.T.I.N.G.

Good morning Ruth and Kiko! Ruth...U Schmacht! Stay away from those family dramas..but it is "fun" to get the after game dish

Kiko: Enjoy the AC as you clean today!

Barb: yes yes I hope Brian has a wonderful party today!

Well the big excitment yesterday was helping my neighbor move a piano into her house.. I simply refused to give up-- and after a bit of a struggle we managed to get the massive beast up the stairs and into the house.. I thought I would be sorer than I am...I then tackled the dreadmill and did some weights..
Today chores, and a Pig roast...Tomorrow a canoe and kayak trip with the Landlords... We're going to teach them to kayak as they think they want to get one... should be fun - especially to beat this oppressive heat!
Old 07-15-2006, 10:19 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 177/154/135

Good Morning Everyone! It is hot here already! A high of 93 predicted! Summer's finally hit Indiana.

Slept in some today and now we'll clean up some stuff but hit the ymca pool later. I'm going to search the site for deviled eggs recipe for a cook-out tonight.

I'm bummed that I haven't seen the scale move down lately. I have only been back on the beach for maybe 4 days? I know that is asking too much.
Old 07-15-2006, 10:43 AM   #6  
searching 4 the real me

Good Morning Everyone!! It seems hot everywhere. It's already 93' and it's only 7:35am. Today's high is 113'. I'm so glad that we have a pool. I know the kids are really happy about that.

I was hoping to get up earlier then 7:15 this morning. I need to do a little cleaning and then get things ready for a b-bque later this afternoon.

I have family visiting so hopefully late this evening after the sun goes down (hopefully a litle cooler) we're planning on doing some sight seeing downtown on the strip. It will be too HOT to go during the daytime.
Old 07-15-2006, 11:52 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 235/226/144

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Default WAYYYYYYY hot !

Hi everyone!

Yes, it's heat filled day already! My original plan for this morning was to get up early and take a walk before it got too beastly, but my girlfriends and I were scrapbooking last night and the last one didn't leave until 2 am! Never mind, we had a blast and got alot accomplished. Also, before the night (or should I say morning ) was over, they were all going to go home and blow the dust off of their SBD books!

My plan for today is to get my ds off to a b-day party at the lake, drop off my baby to my Mom's (who already has my 2 other dd's), go with dd to a tea that her friend is hosting, pick everyone up in reverse, and get some dinner going! Lucky for me my dh has already volunteered to grill something.

So keep cool today and thanks for letting me come play with ya'll!

Erika
Old 07-15-2006, 02:37 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Hi Everyone,
Sorry I haven't posted the past few days, I had my granddaughters staying with us since Wednesday, and it's been really hectic! Also, Caitlyn's been using this room with the computer in it, and I didn't want to invade her privacy. Last evening we went to see "Trout Fishing In America" at Longwood Gardens. They're one of our favorite groups, all the grandkids and Audrey & Maggie just adore them. It was a fantastic concert, and the kids had a great time. We stayed afterwards for the Lights & Fountains Show, and that was spectacular, too, but it did make for a late night for the kids.
Now Jake and I have the house to ourselves again, and it feels good not to have to be chasing around a little one. It's been raining most of the day so we're enjoying just having a lazy day.
I really should start thinking about what to make for supper, so I'd better get going. Chiao!
Old 07-15-2006, 07:54 PM   #9  

It's cooled down to 100 now that it is almost 7PM. I'm not sure how hot it got but the party ran from 10 until past 2. We didn't let the kids play in the playground too long and we kept the organized games in the shade but of course, the boys kept running off in the sun so they did get a bit hot. Brian was sick after eating the pizza but I think it was just too much food along with a soda. He just isn't used to sugar. Anyway, he was fine after that so we continued on and he had a great time. He's having fun putting together the mini drill press/sander/lathe kit that his Dad picked out. It's got some cool patterns.

All the kids seemed to have fun with the games but the pizza was delivered late so some left before we did cake and brownies so unfortunately we ended up bringing some home. We did end up with 28 people so it was a good turnout. That would have been too many to have at our house and the pavilion worked out well.
Old 07-16-2006, 05:53 AM   #10  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Another hot one coming up and no break in sight for the rest of the week. I'm talking about the weather, Chickies!

Yesterday was hectic but things weren't as nasty as I expected. Bob took me to the funeral in his Bentley (lah-de-dah) which put a bit of class on the situation. The two worst family members stayed away from each other at the lunch so there were no incidents. The fight will resume when they do the will thing but I won't be around! I managed just a short cup of tea and made it to my TheraPaws appointment by 2:30.

I really needed a siesta in the afternoon but had to take two people around the village to check out out historic buildings. The Rideau area is on the list to be designated a World Heritage Site and they were doing preliminary research and taking pictures. It was interesting but not on my schedule. I didn't get home from that until after seven and went to the dreaded Long Horn for a late dinner. Caron and crew were there and Caron gave me a quick mini shoulder and upper back massage. I've never had one and could just feel the tension leaving! I want more and can hardly wait until her house is finished and her spa and pool opens!

So....today will be Church, then some minor gardening with my new weed dragon. Hershey and I go to visit Maple View at 5:30 if we don't melt before then. Hips first, please!

What's happening on your summer Sunday?
Old 07-16-2006, 08:37 AM   #11  
South Beach Life Style

good morning Ruth,,and all the Beachies..

I have been busy ((luven every minute of it..)) We have been working and moving Our office and Pavilion at Amos Run. I have all kinds of pics of it.. It is amazing what Men and theire equipment can accomplish! I am heading back out here in a sec. To go back down, They are moving it about 2 miles up on a hill... Gonna be a really good location..
Food wise, I am maintaining (sp) I AM making good decisions and doing fine, I want to continue losing weight, but the funds are not there for it.. But I will be fine as long as I maintain..... Take Care everyone by the way,, The older I get the worse my spelling gets.. ugh!!!!
Old 07-16-2006, 08:56 AM   #12  

Morning!

Ruth I am glad that things didn't get too ugly at the funeral. You should splurge sometime for a full massage- they are amazing!!

Crock That is great that you are maintaining. If you are able to do that until finances improve then you can pick back up where you left off. This healthy way of eating is not cheap, that is for sure.

Barb I am glad that the party went well!! I am so sick of this weather- it seems worse than last year for some reason. Of course, Megan had just been born last year, so I wasn't out and about trying to do stuff. I think I have already asked you this- but when does Brian go back to school? Teachers report on the 2nd for us, then the kids come on the 9th.

Me- Not getting much accomplished like planned! This morning we are going to church with my mom- the kids that went to that music camp last week are performing for the congregation. I really like their minister, he is excellent, so I am looking forward to it.

We went to a baptism party last night, I cheated and feel pretty gross this morning. I didn't go haywire, but am irritated with myself nonetheless. I weighed myself prior to going and was at 151.5- I haven't weighed that since I don't know when. So why did I cheat????? I had not a sip of beer or wine, so that was good.

Anyhoo.... coffee is brewed, so I need a cup! What is everyone else up to today??
Old 07-16-2006, 10:23 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good Morning all,
We're getting ready for our first real heat wave of the season, it's supposed to be in the high 90's and up to 100* for the next week! We've been lucky so far, it's been hot but not that hot, so I guess I shouldn't complain. I know our pool will be getting a lot of use this week. I haven't heard from either of my kids yet today, but I'm sure they'll turn up later wanting to swim and expecting dinner. We'll probably do a London Broil on the grill (salmon for Caitlyn and me!), with a nice salad and some grilled veggies, and I'm going to make a lemon yogurt pie for dessert. Jake is mowing the lawn before it gets too hot, and I should be out there deadheading my marigolds and echinachea. They need it after yesterday's rain, and the petunias need some TLC, too. Stay cool today!
Old 07-16-2006, 02:02 PM   #14  
Recovering Sugarholic

Height: 5'3"

Hello my darling chicks. JessieW is back for another go on the beach. I have been steadily GAINING since I started WW two months ago. Too much freedom for this chick, I guess. I am just so tired of thinking about food all the time. It makes me so angry with people who have awesome metabolism and don't ever think about what they eat (my husband, for one!).

We are in an incredibly high-stress time! Weddings and baby showers this month like crazy. We're moving into our first house on July 28th! WAHOO! So I should be packing...but on Monday morning I was at the Y, and passed out in the shower from twisting my hip (passed out from pain). Week didn't start well and now my hip is still achey and it's hard for me to bend up and down.

I'm thinking about checking out the neighborhood pool today, except that it's like 100 degrees. So tired of the piercing heat! I don't remember last summer being like this.

Well, off the check out the SBD-okayness of the fridge and make some meal plans. I could use all the encouragement you've got, ladies!

Jessie
Old 07-16-2006, 03:37 PM   #15  

Kiko - Brian (and RISD) start on the 14th. It's hard to believe there is less than a month left of summer. I'm going next Saturday to register him for Champions After school program. I hope it ends up being a good program. I've not been too happy with the day care he has been in for after school but this one won't cover holidays so that will be tough.

I just took at look at my poor veggie garden. It's so dry some of the plants are dying! I've got to remember to hand water now that we are in the drought and can't run our sprinklers very much. It looks like there is no end in sight for the 100 degree days.!
Closed Thread